Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ultra 5 Arch (URGENT)
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Ultra 5 Arch (URGENT) Post 25926 by fivestyle on Wednesday 7th of August 2002 04:42:59 PM
Old 08-07-2002
from the OBP, you should be able to type 'probe-ide-all' or something to that effect. If the disk shows up fine, then you know the OBP is not your problem. If 'probe-ide-all' does not work, try 'sifting probe' from the OBP prompt. Choose the option that looks best to you.

Hope this helps.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

I need to clone an ultra 1 onto and ultra 60

I need to move everything from an older ultra 1 onto a newer ultra 60 (OS and all) running SUNOS 5.5.1. Any suggestions on the best way to do this? Frank P.S. If you know of a document somewhere please let me know. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
11 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Needs for installing Arch/Linux?

I'm pretty new to *nix systems and been using Ubuntu and Debian for a while but think it's pretty much 'overkill' lauching any of these systems. I've always been in need of a simple system, with a simple X where I can get the necessary programs myself. Yesterday I read about Arch (and it got me).... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: riwa
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Can't find arch directory

I am using ubuntu server, and while i am trying to configure lan bonding, i could not find the directory /etc/modprobe.d/arch , what i need to install ?! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

paritioning mac harddrive during arch install

hi so i am a noob to linux but not computers in general and have decided i want to give linux a go. because i like to make things hard for myself and because someone told me i wouldnt be able to figure it out iv decided to try arch so iinstalled it last night and it installed fine and i got... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irish
0 Replies

5. Linux

Pacman not functioning in Arch

Currently in a fresh install of arch linux and I have been trying to install some stuff with pacman. Every operation returns multiple errors such as no address record when using -Sy and unable to retrieve file when trying to install something. I have tried so many different configurations of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: a sandwhich
5 Replies
DTRACE(1)						      General Commands Manual							 DTRACE(1)

NAME
dtrace - Dtrace compatibile user application static probe generation tool. SYNOPSIS
dtrace -s file [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
The dtrace command converts probe descriptions defined in file.d into a probe header file via the -h option or a probe description file via the -G option. OPTIONS
-h generate a systemtap header file. -G generate a systemtap probe definition object file. -o file is the name of the output file. If the -G option is given then the output file will be called file.o; if the -h option is given then the output file will be called file.h. -C run the cpp preprocessor on the input file when the -h option is given. -I file give this include path to cpp when the -C option is given. -k keep temporary files, for example the C language source for the -G option. --types generate probe argument typedef information when the -h option is given. EXAMPLES
Systemtap is source compatible with dtrace user application static probe support. Given a file test.d containing: provider sdt_probes { probe test_0 (int type); probe test_1 (struct astruct node); }; struct astruct {int a; int b;}; Then the command "dtrace -s test.d -G" will create the probe definition file test.o and the command "dtrace -s test.d -h" will create the probe header file test.h Subsequently the application can define probes using #include "test.h" ... struct astruct s; ... SDT_PROBES_TEST_0(value); ... SDT_PROBES_TEST_1(s); The application is linked with "test.o" when it is built. SEE ALSO
stap(1) stappaths(7) DTRACE(1)