Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to make the same change in multiple shell scripts? Post 25912 by rdakhan on Wednesday 7th of August 2002 12:44:00 PM
Old 08-07-2002
Power How to make the same change in multiple shell scripts?

I would like to make the same change in multiple shell script files and would like to know if anyone can be of some help? I would appreciate it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating a variable across multiple shell scripts

I have a shell script similar to: #!/bin/sh a=1 source a1.sh -- Modifies a source a2.sh -- Modifies a echo "After execution, value of a is $a" What i need is a1.sh script modify the same variable a and same with a2.sh. Now the echo "After execution, value of a is $a" should print the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indianjassi
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell scripting-processing multiple scripts

I have four scripts to run. My 1st script will make script2 and script3 to run. I am setting a cron job for this script1 to run continuously. This script1 will check for 2 text files and based on the existance of those text files it will initiate the script2 and script3. Now my doubt is that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use of grep with multiple parameters in shell scripts

I am learning how to write shell scripts and have come across an issue. I'm trying to write a script that looks for a directory called public_html, and if it finds one, to print the number of lines that contain applet tags (containing '<applet') in all files that end in either .html or .htm that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: feverdream
7 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

how to execute multiple .sql scripts from within a shell script using sqlplus

using sqlplus I want to execute a .sql script that has dbms_output statments in rhe script. I want to write the dbms_output statements from .sql file to a log file. is this possible. thanks any help would be appreciated :wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRS80
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and execute shell scripts in multiple sub directories in parallel

I have one parent directory and within that parent directory there are several other sub-directories and within those sub-directories there are several other "large number" of sub-directories. All the sub directories have a shell script in them with a common file name execute_command.sh I want... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell Scripts Using sed in multiple files.

Hi, I was hoping that someone could help me. I have a problem that i am trying to work on and it requires me to change text within multiple files using sed. I use the program to change an occurance of a word throughout different files that are being tested. At first i had to Create a new script,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Johnny2518
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Shell Scripts Using sed in multiple files.

Hi, I was hoping that someone could help me. I have a problem that i am trying to work on and it requires me to change text within multiple files using sed. What i have so far is !/bin/sh File1="$3" File2="$4" File3="$5" testNum="$File1" while test "$testNum" <= "$File3"; do echo... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johnny2518
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can anybody change this into Linux shell scripts?

@echo off SET "p0=%~0" SET "p1=%~1" SET "p2=%~2" SET "p3=%~3" SET "p4=%~4" SET "p5=%~5" SET "p6=%~6" SET "p7=%~7" SET "p8=%~8" SET "p9=%~9" SHIFT SET "p10=%~9" SHIFT SET "p11=%~9" SET "zip_path=D:\OraOutput\interco\%p10%" echo Program... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: monisha
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple shell scripts executed in one script

Hi every one, i am new to shell script. my people given a task to write a shell script that should execute number of shell scripts in that. in that, if any shell script is failed to execute, we have to run the main script again, but the script should start execute from the failed script only.. it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Madhu Siddula
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple shell scripts executed in one script

Hi every one, i am new to shell script. my people given a task to write a shell script that should execute number of shell scripts in that. in that, if any shell script is failed to execute, we have to run the main script again, but the script should start execute from the failed script only.. it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madhu Siddula
6 Replies
DH_COMPRESS(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_COMPRESS(1)

NAME
dh_compress - compress files and fix symlinks in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_compress [debhelperoptions] [-Xitem] [-A] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_compress is a debhelper program that is responsible for compressing the files in package build directories, and makes sure that any symlinks that pointed to the files before they were compressed are updated to point to the new files. By default, dh_compress compresses files that Debian policy mandates should be compressed, namely all files in usr/share/info, usr/share/man, files in usr/share/doc that are larger than 4k in size, (except the copyright file, .html and other web files, image files, and files that appear to be already compressed based on their extensions), and all changelog files. Plus PCF fonts underneath usr/share/fonts/X11/ FILES
debian/package.compress These files are deprecated. If this file exists, the default files are not compressed. Instead, the file is ran as a shell script, and all filenames that the shell script outputs will be compressed. The shell script will be run from inside the package build directory. Note though that using -X is a much better idea in general; you should only use a debian/package.compress file if you really need to. OPTIONS
-Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being compressed. For example, -X.tiff will exclude TIFF files from compression. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. -A, --all Compress all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. file ... Add these files to the list of files to compress. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.0 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_COMPRESS(1)