Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sh script to traul through /usr/lib/perl5 ... Post 25870 by PxT on Wednesday 7th of August 2002 01:01:25 AM
Old 08-07-2002
Maybe this is not what you are trying to accomplish, but wouldn't this work?

Code:
#!/bin/sh
cd /usr/lib/perl5
find . -type d -exec mkdir /root2/perl-html/{} \; # Create the directory structure
find . -type f -exec -exec pod2html --outfile=/root2/perl-html/{}.html {} \;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/usr/lib/32/32-> Question

Hello UNIX people. I was just cruising around my UFS and came across the directory /usr/lib/32. This directory continues up many directories (/usr/lib/32/32/32/32->). Each level of 32/ directory seems to be a copy of the previous one. I have been working with UNIX for a little while now, but I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaggy
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/usr/lib on a seperate partition

I want to move /usr/lib on a seperate partition. ( is is now all at / ) I know how to copy data and update fstab but... At boot time, the mepis distro already needs stuff from /usr/lib but it is not mounted yet. So i get error before /usr/lib is mounted. Does this mean you cannot move... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: progressdll
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/usr/lib/saf/sac -t 300

pls my server that is running UnixOs solaris is not working properly. it use to display the following errors: INIT:Command is respawning too rapidly. check for possible errors. id: sc "/usr/lib/saf/sac -t 300" what am i suppose to do to correct this problem? Regards. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

use of /usr/lib/nsr

Hello, I have this folder on my one of the machine but not on other. /usr/lib/nsr can anyone tell me for what this folder is used ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yatrik007
2 Replies

5. Solaris

recover a corrupted solaris10 system /usr/lib

did something very dump under /usr/lib, eg: overwite a bunch of files from a similar system's /usr/lib, while the system is live.. I have no backup on this..it crashed...and came up with a bunch of device driver load errors and hung... This is Solaris10 update 7 .. I wonder if I could do a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Wrong ELF data format: ELFDATA2MSB at /usr/perl5/5.8.4/lib/i86pc-solaris-64int/DynaLoader.pm

We are trying to install our project on solaris 10 x86 machine. we are getting the following error. Can't load '/u01/apps/WatchMark/FlexPM//R39FOA1/sw/perl/lib/auto/DBI/DBI.so' for module DBI: ld.so.1: perl: fatal: /u01/apps/WatchMark/FlexPM//R39FOA1/sw/perl/lib/auto/DBI/DBI.so: wrong ELF data... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagandadi
3 Replies

7. Solaris

/usr/lib/vhost.so missing Solaris 5.10

Hi, i have a solaris 5.10 machine on which i am getting below error while executing cat command ld.so.1: cat: fatal: vhost.so: open failed: No such file or directory Killed it is related to file vhost.so missing Also when i did ldd cat result is as below libc.so.1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/usr/lib/libv12n.so

Hi, I want to use the function "v12n_domain_uuid" on solaris box. The library "libv12n" is present in /usr/lib but i can't locate the header "libv12n.h" anywhere in the box. How do i run the API "v12n_domain_uuid" (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
4 Replies

9. BSD

FreeBSD: /usr/bin/ld not looking in /usr/local/lib

I'm not sure if this is the default behavior for the ld command, but it does not seem to be looking in /usr/local/lib for shared libraries. I was trying to compile the latest version of Kanatest from svn. The autorgen.sh script seems to exit without too much trouble: $ ./autogen.sh checking... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntumDeluge
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Cannot open module /usr/lib/security

Dear All After powering on my Netra120 Solaris server and waiting for all of the installed processes to be started , when trying for login I am getting : "can not open module /usr/lib/security/pam_authtok_get.so.1" Can you please let me know what has happened to my server and how can I reach... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hadimotamedi
3 Replies
DH-EXEC-INSTALL(1)						      dh-exec							DH-EXEC-INSTALL(1)

NAME
dh-exec-install - Install (and possibly rename) files. SYNOPSIS
#! /usr/bin/dh-exec debian/default.conf => /etc/my-package/start.conf usr/bin/* DESCRIPTION
Being a sub-command of dh-exec(1), this program must not be ran directly, but through dh-exec, which automatically runs all available sub-commands if run bare; or explicitly with dh-exec --with=install. It is meant to be used for dh_install(1) files, and those alone. If it finds that its input is not such a file, it will do nothing, but echo back the contents. The purpose of the program is to extend dh_install(1)'s functionality, by allowing to specify a destination filename. This can be accomplished by a special syntax: the " => " mark between a source and a destination means that the source file should be installed with the specified destination name. For obvious reasons, the source must not be a wildcard, and the destination in this case must be a file, and not a directory. All other non-comment lines are left alone. RESTRICTIONS
Due to the way executable scripts are called from debhelper(1), there is no way to know what options were used for the original dh_install(1). This means, that the --sourcedir option of dh_install(1) will not work correctly when dh-exec-install is in use. IMPLEMENTATION
Internally, the renaming happens by creating a temporary directory under debian/tmp/, and copying (or moving, if the source was under debian/tmp/ to begin with) the file there, with the new name. This is done this way to allow dh_install(1) to do the real copying, and allow its options to continue working, even when renaming is involved. The temporary directory is put under debian/tmp so that it will be cleaned by dh_prep(1) when the clean target gets to run. Thus, no extra code is needed anywhere to clean up the renamed files. ENVIRONMENT
DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR Indicates which directory the command-specific scripts should be sought for. If not specified, scripts will be searched for in /usr/share/dh-exec/. FILES
$DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR/dh-exec-install-* The various scripts for the higher-level program. SEE ALSO
debhelper(1), dh-exec(1), dh_install(1) AUTHOR
dh-exec-install is copyright (C) 2011-2012 by Gergely Nagy <algernon@madhouse-project.org>. 2012-05-03 DH-EXEC-INSTALL(1)