Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to run debugging on c program Post 25796 by chenhao_no1 on Monday 5th of August 2002 09:35:44 PM
Old 08-05-2002
1 . At first , you should re-compile your prograem with -g option .
2 . run it , if it has produced a core file , you can use dbx(debugger) to find where does the programe coredump.

type the command "dbx programe-name core" and when you see "dbx>" prompt ,you type "where" command .In most case, you can see the stack

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting a program to run

Please help, I have tried to run this program countless times and still nothing. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. $ cat>test count=1 while do echo "5" read number echo $5 let count=count+ 1 done exit 0 ^C$ ksh test $ ^C $ ksh test $ $ nothing happend (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctiamaria
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Debugging a c/c++ program

Can anyone tell the commands we use for debugging a programm in dbx with explanation for each? Iam totally new to unix environment (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bogarams
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i run java program from any where

Hello all sorry didnt know where to post it i compiled simple program that using "System.getProperty("user.dir");" now i compiled the program under directory foo and and its running great when i do "java myapp" i included this directory in the $PATH env variable so i could see it fro any where... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cannot run program

Hi, I have a program in /opt/local/bin, my path in my .profile is export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH however when i type the program name it cannot find it, however i know the program is in /opt/local/bin? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
2 Replies

5. Programming

Debugging Program during execution

I have made use of 'valgrind' and -finstrument-functions compiler option for debugging / analyzing code. Both the options lets us know the line / file being executed to some extent. Is there a generic way that lets program dump the file:line it is getting executed dumped to a log file during... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hey, im editing the passwd file so that when the user ben logs in it runs my assign program. I changed the last column from to Then when i log in i get... There is no problem with the program because it runs fine when i open it normally. Any help much appreciated. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAFC_99
8 Replies

7. Programming

Run time Debugging

We have recently downloaded, installed and compiled gcc-3.0.4 code. gcc compiler has built successfully and we where able to compile some same test cpp file. I would like to know how we can modify gcc source code so that we add additional run time debugging statements like the binary in execution... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a program as another user

I have a bash script that launches another problem. I need to run that program under a certain user account. The script itself is run using 'sudo <scriptname>'. #!/bin/bash myprogram=... exec "$myprogram" How would this be done? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Carson Dyle
1 Replies

9. Programming

Debugging a program written in two languages

Subject: Debugging a program written in two languages Platform: Linux (Kubuntu) I am trying to debug a C application with bindings to some simple functions written in Ada using the GNAT Programming Studio IDE (GPS). The main entry point is in C. The debugger is gdb. I managed to compile... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NiGHTS
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't get my program to run -- GC calculator?

have been trying for a few weeks not to get this program running. I am newer to programming and it has definitely been a challenge. I think my problem arises with my if statement. I can get it to append the name to the new file, but it simply appends the whole sequence to the file rather than... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: haley6719
3 Replies
ABRT-ACTION-GENERA(1)						    ABRT Manual 					     ABRT-ACTION-GENERA(1)

NAME
abrt-action-generate-core-backtrace - Generates coredump-level backtrace SYNOPSIS
abrt-action-generate-core-backtrace [-v] [-r] [-d DIR] DESCRIPTION
This tool uses coredump from the file coredump and binary at the path stored in file executable in the problem directory to generate coredump-level backtrace. Coredump-level backtrace resembles ordinary backtrace in that it contains information about call frames present on the stack at the time of the crash. However, it only contains information that can be obtained from the coredump without debugging symbols available - mainly relative addresses of the stored instruction pointers. Such backtrace can still be useful for reporting and reproducing the bug and does not require debugging information files to be installed. The result is saved in the problem directory in a file named core_backtrace. Integration with libreport events abrt-action-generate-core-backtrace can be used as an analyzer for application crashes which dump core. Example usage in report_event.conf: EVENT=analyze analyzer=CCpp abrt-action-generate-core-backtrace OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -r Do not hash function fingerprints. Useful for debugging. -v Be more verbose. Can be given multiple times. AUTHORS
o ABRT team abrt 2.1.11 06/18/2014 ABRT-ACTION-GENERA(1)