Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Basic Command
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Answers to Frequently Asked Questions Tips and Tutorials Unix Basic Command Post 25765 by ainechris on Monday 5th of August 2002 07:42:00 AM
Old 08-05-2002
MySQL Cool stuff

thanks pal, am a quite new unix user
found it pretty useful
cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic Unix tools

I like to know the bare minimum development/ testing tools which can be used with Unix environment wherein the applications are written in different combination - C++ COBOL.. I like to know list of development, performance, testing tools that can be used in Unix . Thanks in advance ls1429 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ls1429
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic unix

okay, im having some trouble. Go ahead, call me a retard, but i keep getting stuck. Suppose i want to open a Picture of Jesus(for the sake of simplicity) using unix. I type: open Desktop/Pictures/Jesus.jpg It opens, and its all well and good. But, suppose i want to open a picture called Joe... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HipCracka
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic unix file command!

Hi there, I am looking to create a single file called outputa.txt, which will show the contents of my directorya and its sub directories, and all file and directory permissions. What command would be used for this? Cheers Kev (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kev112
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix basic help

What command would I use to list the first lines of all text files within my Unix directory or within any directory inside there? I was using "find" , "head" and "-exec" commands like this: find ~/Unix -name "*.txt" -exec head {} \; But its not perfectly working, please help me.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carrera911
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Basic Unix installation help

Hi, I am a novice in Unix installation. Was experimenting with it. During installation, i created 2 partitions ( what i am calling ). One for the OS which was named SOLARIS & other was named PRI_DOS. Now on completion of installation, where has my PRI_DOS portion gone. How do i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic unix command help plz

I was wondering what command lines i could use to do the following. 1. mail a file to a user with a subject line "HELLO". Also, send a Blind carbon copy to a different user? 2. Display the number of files AND directories in a given directory? 3. Display the last 5 files in a given... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tragic54
4 Replies

7. Solaris

basic unix question

Hello, I'm new to solaris and have an experience with linux. When we see network interface I can see qfe, hme, le0. What is that mean? Is it depend on the network card? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
11 Replies

8. Solaris

Basic FAQS in unix

can any body tell me this followings in details when do we use this & in which senario we most use this 1.GSD raising 2.MOSFET checks 3.Audit remedation 4.KBS fixes thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wkbn86
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic Unix cp command help

I am new to unix so this is probably a pretty basic question. I am trying to write several commands on one line that creates a directory called bf in the current directory, then copy all files within that directory and any subdirectories, that do not start with the letter c to the new bf folder.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotty85
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic doubt in UNIX

Hi, I'm new to this and very much interested to learn unix. Can any one explain me the symbols y we use this is scripting(~ and $). It would be great if some one explain with the eg. Thanks Naveen A (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pranaveen
2 Replies
openipmish(1)						 Shell interface to an IPMI system					     openipmish(1)

NAME
openipmish - Shell interface to an IPMI system SYNOPSIS
openipmish [option] DESCRIPTION
The openipmish is a command interpreter that gives the full power of the OpenIPMI library to a user-level command language. It is designed so it can easily be driven with a scripting language like TCL, it has well-formed output. openipmish starts up with no connections or anything of that nature. You must enter commands to make connections to domains. OPTIONS
--dmsg Turn on message debugging, this will dump all messages to debug log output. --drawmsg Turn on raw message debugging, this will dump all low-level messages to debug log output. This differes from normal message debug- ging in that all protocol messages are also dumped, not just IPMI messages. --dmem Turn on memory debugging, this will cause memory allocation and deallocations to be checked. When the program terminates, it will dump all memory that was not properly freed (leaked). --dlock Turn on lock debugging, this will check lock operations to make sure that locks are help in all the proper places and make sure that locks are properly nested. --snmp Enable the SNMP trap handler. openipmish must be compiled with SNMP code enabled for this option to be available. --help Help output COMMANDS
openipmish follows the standard command syntax defined in ipmi_cmdlang(7). See that for the details on most commands. The IPMI manual that comes with OpenIPMI will also be quite handy. openipmish defines some commands that are not in the standard command language. These are: read Read and execute commands from the given file. exit Quit redisp_cmd on|off Normally, openipmish redisplays the command line when an event comes in. This is nice for interactive use, but bad for scripting. This lets you turn that function on and off. SEE ALSO
ipmi_cmdlang(7), ipmi_ui(1) KNOWN PROBLEMS
None AUTHOR
Corey Minyard <cminyard@mvista.org> OpenIPMI 05/13/03 openipmish(1)