Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mog_Gzip a Module For Apache
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Mog_Gzip a Module For Apache Post 25761 by binhnx2000 on Monday 5th of August 2002 04:39:43 AM
Old 08-05-2002
Hammer & Screwdriver Mog_Gzip a Module For Apache

Mod_gzip, at http://www.remotecommunications.com/apache/mod_gzip/ is a module for Apache that allows you to compress content from an Apache web server on-the-fly. It uses the same compression as gzip and no plugins or extra software is needed by your browser to take advantage of this product. Reduction in size of up to 90% or more is possible.

For: Unix, Solaris, BSD, Linux...Windows

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get error while compiling apache with php module

hi, i'm compiling apache with php module after i finish compile mysql-4.0.0-alpha. i do it as the follow steps after untar'ed them in the same directory, 1) cd apache_1.3.22 ./configure 2) cd php-4.0.6 ./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql \ --with-apache=../apache_1.3.22 \... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jApHEth
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Module jk2 failed to load into apache server!!

Hi There, Does anyone knows what could be the problem if my apache server is running but unable to load JK2 module into the server. My HTTPS is running on Apache Server 2.0.49 with ssl enabled and compiled with Mod_ssl on HPUX-11.11i. In fact we have try out the following parameter, ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: e_jeffhang
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto locate locally installed Perl module for a CGI script in APACHE .htaccess

Hi, I have the following simple CGI script, just containg header: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use CGI ':standard'; use lib "/home/myname/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/"; use Mail::Sendmail; I also have included this directive in ~/public_html/.htaccess : SetEnv PERL5LIB... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Apache on Solaris10 configured with loadable module support?

I have Apache 2 webserver as delivered with the Solaris 10 installation. How to verify if Apache is configured with loadable module support? Or if needs to be recompiled with loadable module support. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavera
2 Replies

5. Linux

How to convert Linux Kernel built-in module into a loadable module

Hi all, I am working on USB data monitoring on Fedora Core 9. Kernel 2.6.25 has a built-in module (the one that isn't loadable, but compiles and links statically with the kernel during compilation) to snoop USB data. It is in <kernel_source_code>/drivers/usb/mon/. I need to know if I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anitemp
0 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Apache module compilation error

I'm trying to compile an apache module (a tutorial module, Apache 2 Module Tutorial - GNU Build Tools and the Development Environment) and I get errors like this: apr.h:273: error: expected ´=´, ´,´,´;´,´asm´ or ´__attribute__´ before ´apr_off_t´ those errors occur like 30 times in different... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hjalle
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache module & perl problem

I have a very strange problem that I can't seem to solve. I have apache module which filters content and within that module I will add some more content based on this calls: int check; check = system("/usr/bin/check"); check is a perl-script that exits with value 1 if the file doesn't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hjalle
2 Replies

8. Web Development

Apache module development on apache 2.2

Hi, I'm new to developing modules for Apache. I understand the basics now and can develop something simple which allows a 'GET' request to happen, but what I want to do is actually 'POST' information to my site. I know the basic POST Request works and I can see that it is post by looking at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Compile PHP as an Apache module on Solaris

Hi, I need to install php 5.5.30 as an apache (2.4.17) module on Solaris 10. Please any help is wellcome. Some aditional info: /usr/sfw/bin/gcc -v Reading specs from /usr/sfw/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/3.4.3/specs bash-3.2# g++ -v Reading specs from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbslbs
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris install php as an apache module

Hi, I need to install php 5.5.30 as an apache (2.4.17) module on Solaris 10. Please any help is wellcome. Some aditional info: /usr/sfw/bin/gcc -v Reading specs from /usr/sfw/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/3.4.3/specs bash-3.2# g++ -v Reading specs from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lbslbs
1 Replies
MODGZIP2DLF.IN(1)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation					 MODGZIP2DLF.IN(1)

NAME
modgzip2dlf - convert Common Log Format with mod_gzip extensions web server log files to DLF SYNOPSIS
modgzip2dlf file DESCRIPTION
modgzip2dlf converts web server log file in the common log format with extensions for mod_gzip to www DLF. mod_gzip is an Apache extension developed by RemoteCommunications, Inc. Sourcecode is free available from http://www.RemoteCommunications.com/apache/mod_gzip/mod_gzip. More informations can be found at http://www.RemoteCommunications.com/apache/mod_gzip/mod_gzip_faq.htm. mod_gzip can log informations about the compression of pages by configuring Apache to log using the 'gzip' format which can be defined as follows: LogFormat "%h %l %u %t "%r" %>s %b %{mod_gzip_result}n %{mod_gzip_compression_ratio}n" gzip MOD_GZIP EXTENSIONS The mod_gzip extensions adds two fields to the Common Log Format; see common2dlf(1): gzip_result compression_ratio gzip_result The gzip's result code. Usually OK. compressio_ratio The ratio by which the content was compressed. A number from 0 to 100. Log example : 127.0.01 - - [11/03/2001 12:12:01 -0400] "GET / HTTP/1.0" 200 252 "-" "Mozilla/5.0" OK 49 dsl1.myprovider.com - francis [11/03/2001 12:14:01 -0400] "GET /secret/ HTTP/1.0" 200 300 "http://www.example.com/index.html" "Mozilla/5.0" OK 74 EXAMPLES
To process a log as produced in the modgzip logformat: $ modgzip2dlf < common.log modgzip2dlf will be rarely used on its own, but is more likely called by lr_log2report: $ lr_log2report modgzip < /var/log/httpd/common.log SEE ALSO
common2dlf(1), combined(2), referer2dlf(1) AUTHORS
Joost van Baal <joostvb@logreport.org>, Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> and Egon Willighagen <egonw@logreport.org>, based on an idea by Edwin Groothuis VERSION
$Id: modgzip2dlf.in,v 1.10 2006/07/23 13:16:36 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000, 2001 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 MODGZIP2DLF.IN(1)