Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: elementary newbish :D
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers elementary newbish :D Post 25730 by somegone on Sunday 4th of August 2002 08:38:16 AM
Old 08-04-2002
elementary newbish :D

hy there.
i've got a damn big problem. first one is about unix and the second one about my bad english. i'm sorry about both Smilie

i'm allready in suse linux and stuff like this. but now i want to install a blank/naked unix on one of my PC's. maybe i've got the wrong thought but i'll tell you what i expect and you can tell me if i'm on the right way Smilie

what i want is a naked unix which supports all of my hardware (suse linux does...) and is ready to run samba on it.

so where can i download something like that? i've allready found "naked" linux with a compileable kernel but if i've got no operating-system ... how should i compile it?

sorry for my extreme dumbness.
maybe you can help

UUID_COMPARE(3) 						    Libuuid API 						   UUID_COMPARE(3)

NAME
uuid_compare - compare whether two UUIDs are the same SYNOPSIS
#include <uuid/uuid.h> int uuid_compare(uuid_t uu1, uuid_t uu2) DESCRIPTION
The uuid_compare function compares the two supplied uuid variables uu1 and uu2 to each other. RETURN VALUE
Returns an integer less than, equal to, or greater than zero if uu1 is found, respectively, to be lexigraphically less than, equal, or greater than uu2. AUTHOR
Theodore Y. Ts'o AVAILABILITY
libuuid is part of the util-linux-ng package since version 2.15.1 and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux- ng/. SEE ALSO
uuid(3), uuid_clear(3), uuid_copy(3), uuid_generate(3), uuid_is_null(3), uuid_parse(3), uuid_unparse(3) util-linux-ng May 2009 UUID_COMPARE(3)