Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: /usr/bin/bzcat?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers /usr/bin/bzcat? Post 25718 by raju on Saturday 3rd of August 2002 12:22:54 PM
Old 08-03-2002
Bug

hey its okay thanx any way
raju

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory when doing crontab

I just set up an ftp server with Red Hat 5.2. I am doing the work, I'm baby stepping, but it seems like every step I get stuck. Currently, I'm trying to set up a crontab job, but I'm getting the following message: /bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory. I see that vi exists in /bin/vi,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwalter
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between /bin, /usr/bin, /sbin ?

Hi All, Can somebody tell me the difference between /bin, /usr/bin, /sbin ? Thanx in advance, Saneesh Joseph (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saneeshjose
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How do I link ld in /usr/ucb/ to /usr/ccs/bin?

Hi all, below is the problem details: ora10g@CNORACLE1>which ld /usr/ucb/ld ora10g@CNORACLE1>cd /usr/ccs/bin ora10g@CNORACLE1>ln -s /usr/ucb/ld ld ln: cannot create ld: File exists ora10g@CNORACLE1> how to link it to /usr/ccs/bin? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alias /usr/bin to /bin in profile

Hi! All the basic linux commands, ie. echo, find, etc, are located in /bin. I have a couple of programs that have these commands pointed towards /usr/bin, ie, /usr/bin/echo (even though the actual 'echo' command is in /bin). How can I alias or redirect or link the /usr/bin to /bin just for this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dancerat
6 Replies

5. Red Hat

/usr/bin/find && -exec /bin/rm never work as expected

hi there, Would you able to advise that why the syntax or statement below couldn't work as expected ? /usr/bin/find /backup -name "*tar*" -mtime +2 -exec /bin/rm -f {} \; 1> /dev/null 2>&1 In fact, I was initially located it as in crontab job, but it doesn't work at all. So, I was... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rauphelhunter
9 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

When to use /Users/m/bin instead of /usr/local/bin (& whats the diff?)?

Q1. I understand that /usr/local/bin means I can install/uninstall stuff in here and have any chance of messing up my original system files or effecting any other users. I created this directory myself. But what about the directory I didn't create, namely /Users/m/bin? How is that directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michellepace
1 Replies

7. Solaris

What is the difference between xpg4/bin and usr/bin?

Hi Experts, I found that the same commands(sort, du, df, find, grep etc.) exists in both dir. What is the difference to use them? i.e: to use xpg4/bin/grep and usr/bin/grep My OS version is SunOS 5.10 Regards, Saps (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
7 Replies

8. Solaris

How to link sed from /usr/bin/sed to /usr/local/bin/sed?

Hi Guys, OS:- Solaris 10 64Bit I have a small query. On one server a user is facing sed command issue. He gets error regarding sed for this location /users/hoy/2999/batch5/bin/internal.sh: /usr/local/bin/sed: not found How ever the sed is actually present at this location on server:-... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
13 Replies

9. BSD

FreeBSD: /usr/bin/ld not looking in /usr/local/lib

I'm not sure if this is the default behavior for the ld command, but it does not seem to be looking in /usr/local/lib for shared libraries. I was trying to compile the latest version of Kanatest from svn. The autorgen.sh script seems to exit without too much trouble: $ ./autogen.sh checking... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntumDeluge
2 Replies
Class::Meta::Attribute(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Class::Meta::Attribute(3pm)

NAME
Class::Meta::Attribute - Class::Meta class attribute introspection SYNOPSIS
# Assuming MyApp::Thingy was generated by Class::Meta. my $class = MyApp::Thingy->my_class; my $thingy = MyApp::Thingy->new; print " Attributes: "; for my $attr ($class->attributes) { print " o ", $attr->name, " => ", $attr->get($thingy), $/; if ($attr->authz >= Class::Meta::SET && $attr->type eq 'string') { $attr->get($thingy, 'hey there!'); print " Changed to: ", $attr->get($thingy) $/; } } DESCRIPTION
An object of this class describes an attribute of a class created by Class::Meta. It includes meta data such as the name of the attribute, its data type, its accessibility, and whether or not a value is required. It also provides methods to easily get and set the value of the attribute for a given instance of the class. Class::Meta::Attribute objects are created by Class::Meta; they are never instantiated directly in client code. To access the attribute objects for a Class::Meta-generated class, simply call its "my_class()" method to retrieve its Class::Meta::Class object, and then call the "attributes()" method on the Class::Meta::Class object. INTERFACE
Constructors new A protected method for constructing a Class::Meta::Attribute object. Do not call this method directly; Call the "add_attribute()" method on a Class::Meta object, instead. Instance Methods name my $name = $attr->name; Returns the name of the attribute. type my $type = $attr->type; Returns the name of the attribute's data type. Typical values are "scalar", "string", and "boolean". See Class::Meta for a complete list. is if ($attr->is('string')) { # ... } A convenience method for "$attr->type eq $type". desc my $desc = $attr->desc; Returns a description of the attribute. label my $label = $attr->label; Returns a label for the attribute, suitable for use in a user interface. It is distinguished from the attribute name, which functions to name the accessor methods for the attribute. required my $req = $attr->required; Indicates if the attribute is required to have a value. once my $once = $attr->once; Indicates whether an attribute value can be set to a defined value only once. package my $package = $attr->package; Returns the package name of the class that attribute is associated with. view my $view = $attr->view; Returns the view of the attribute, reflecting its visibility. The possible values are defined by the following constants: Class::Meta::PUBLIC Class::Meta::PRIVATE Class::Meta::TRUSTED Class::Meta::PROTECTED context my $context = $attr->context; Returns the context of the attribute, essentially whether it is a class or object attribute. The possible values are defined by the following constants: Class::Meta::CLASS Class::Meta::OBJECT authz my $authz = $attr->authz; Returns the authorization for the attribute, which determines whether it can be read or changed. The possible values are defined by the following constants: Class::Meta::READ Class::Meta::WRITE Class::Meta::RDWR Class::Meta::NONE class my $class = $attr->class; Returns the Class::Meta::Class object that this attribute is associated with. Note that this object will always represent the class in which the attribute is defined, and not any of its subclasses. default my $default = $attr->default; Returns the default value for a new instance of this attribute. Since the default value can be determined dynamically, the value returned by "default()" may change on subsequent calls. It all depends on what was passed for the "default" parameter in the call to "add_attribute()" on the Class::Meta object that generated the class. get my $value = $attr->get($thingy); This method calls the "get" accessor method on the object passed as the sole argument and returns the value of the attribute for that object. Note that it uses a "goto" to execute the accessor, so the call to "set()" itself will not appear in a call stack trace. set $attr->set($thingy, $new_value); This method calls the "set" accessor method on the object passed as the first argument and passes any remaining arguments to assign a new value to the attribute for that object. Note that it uses a "goto" to execute the accessor, so the call to "set()" itself will not appear in a call stack trace. build $attr->build($class); This is a protected method, designed to be called only by the Class::Meta class or a subclass of Class::Meta. It takes a single argument, the Class::Meta::Class object for the class in which the attribute was defined, and generates attribute accessors by calling out to the "make_attr_get()" and "make_attr_set()" methods of Class::Meta::Type as appropriate for the Class::Meta::Attribute object. Although you should never call this method directly, subclasses of Class::Meta::Constructor may need to override its behavior. SUPPORT
This module is stored in an open GitHub repository <http://github.com/theory/class-meta/>. Feel free to fork and contribute! Please file bug reports via GitHub Issues <http://github.com/theory/class-meta/issues/> or by sending mail to bug-Class-Meta.cpan.org <mailto:bug-Class-Meta.cpan.org>. AUTHOR
David E. Wheeler <david@justatheory.com> SEE ALSO
Other classes of interest within the Class::Meta distribution include: Class::Meta Class::Meta::Class Class::Meta::Method Class::Meta::Constructor Class::Meta::Type COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2002-2011, David E. Wheeler. Some Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2011-08-06 Class::Meta::Attribute(3pm)