Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: I can't delete some files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers I can't delete some files Post 25620 by binhnx2000 on Thursday 1st of August 2002 11:15:50 AM
Old 08-01-2002
Hammer & Screwdriver

If you don't want use command for job as: Remove, Copy, Rename...You can use MC (Midnight Commander)...Use it as use NC (Norton Commander) in Windows...

Good Luck

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

i can't use 'make' in my computer?

I need to compile a file,but 'make' does not work.please tell me how to use it or need which tools? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsun5
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearify what it means under 'WHAT' when hit the 'w'-command

I wonder how I shall read the result below, especially 'what' shown below. The result was shown when I entered 'w'. E.g what is TOP? What is gosh ( what does selmgr mean?)? login@ idle JCPU PCPU what 6:15am 7:04 39 39 TOP 6:34am 6:45 45 45 TOP 6:41am ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aelgen
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stupid filename - can't delete it

I have created a file with a stupid filename with a perl script, and now I can't delete it. The file's called -s-c.log. When I try to delete it, I get that: <>/home/ahi $ rm -s-c.log UX:rm: ERROR: Illegal option -- s UX:rm: ERROR: Illegal option -- - UX:rm: ERROR: Illegal option -- c UX:rm:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sTorm
4 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

HELP! The '/var/adm/message' file increase every few seconds???

Hi, guys, I have a big problem. I've got a sun solaris 4.1.4 workstation, and the /var/adm/message file will add one row every few seconds. It soon becomes a large file. I wander if there are some mistakes configuring the workstation. the /var/adm/message is as follow: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cloudsmell
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP! The '/var/adm/message' file increase every few seconds???

Hi, guys, I have a big problem. I've got a sun solaris 4.1.4 workstation, and the /var/adm/message file will add one row every few seconds. It becomes a large file in a short time. I wander if there are some mistakes configuring the workstation. the /var/adm/message is as follow: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cloudsmell
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

quoting echo 'it's friday'

echo 'it's friday' why appear the > (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can't delete the user from command line

Hi All, I try from command line to delete a user (Solaris8) and I get the following error: UX: userdel: ERROR: Cannot update system files - loggin can not be deleted. Any suggestions will be helpful. The root (/) file system has enough free space. Regards, Slava (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spavlov
4 Replies

8. Email Antispam Techniques and Email Filtering

Procmail recipe: blocking 'unsubscribe and opt-out' messages....

Here is a crude procmail recipe that I quickly created (NOT a procmail recipe expert, btw) that has been catching lots of spam (current second after the charset_spam recipe posted earlier): :0B * .*If.you.do.not.wish.to.receive...* more_spam :0B * You.requested.to.receive.this.mailing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove a file with a leading dash '-' in it's name?

Somehow someone created a file named '-ov' in the root directory. Given the name, the how was probably the result of some cpio command they bozo'ed. I've tried a number of different ways to get rid of it using * and ? wildcards, '\' escape patterns etc.. They all fail with " illegal option --... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSalisbury
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What are the differences between 'bash' and 'sh'

Hopefully this doesn't come off as too much of a "newbie" question or a flamebait. But I have recently begun working with a Sun Solaris box after having spent the past five years working with RedHat. From what i can tell, thing look fairly similar and the 'man' command is some help. But I've... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies
SMBC(1) 							  Samba Commander							   SMBC(1)

NAME
smbc - Text mode SMB network commander. DESCRIPTION
Samba Commander is a text mode SMB network commander. With SMBC, you can browse your local network or use the search function to find files in a share. You can also download/upload files and directories or create them both locally and remotely. SMBC features the resume capabil- ity and UTF-8 encoding support. OPTIONS
-V --version Displays the version of Smbc. -h --help Prints a help message describing all Smbc's command-line options. -f --flush Flushes all download lists. All files from ~/.smbc/ with dulist* name will be removed. In next run of Smbc the download/upload list will be empty. -l --list Shows all download lists from ~/.smbc/. -s INT --show=INT Displays all items from list with INT number. You can get all numbers from the list executing smbc -l command. -p --sleep Sleeps Smbc. Smbc doesn't download/upload any files when executing even if some file is waiting in queue. -m STRING --message=STRING Receives message from samba. If you want that Smbc receives WinPopup message you must add the line below to smb.conf message command = /path_to/smbc -m 'message from %f on %m' -i %s; rm %s Now if you have running Smbc and someone sends you a WinPopup message Smbc immediately displays it. If you don't run a Smbc all WinPopup messages wait for executing a Smbc. -i STRING --file=STRING Sets file with samba message, usage only with -m. MENUS AND KEYS
At top of the main menu is mini status bar. There is displayed small help with functions. When Smbc downloads/uploads any file in mini sta- tus bar is displayed progress of downloading/uploading. main menu - keys (arrow-up) (p) - move one item up (arrow-down) (o) - move one item down (tab) (i) - change selected column (t) - group/ungroup catalog or files (end) (u) - go to the end off list (home) (y) - go to the start off list (F5) (d) - download/upload selected files and directories (w) - reverse sorting (enter) (x) - execute a workgroup, host, share or directory (insert) (a) - select or unselect one item (page up) (l) - move one screen up (page down) (k) - move one screen down (F8) (ctrl+d) - delete selected files and directories (F7) (c) - create directory (F3) (v) - view text file, execute workgroup, host, share or directory (g) - go to workgroup, host, share in remote host (e) - change type of sorting (s) - edit download/upload list (m) - send a WinPopup message (b) - bookmark (bb) - add item to bookmark (q) - exit from Smbc download/upload list menu - keys (q) - exit from this menu (del) (d) - set selected item to delete (u) - set selected item to undelete (m) - mark/unmark selected item (space) - pause/resume selected item download (ctrl+d) - delete all dirs and subdirs for selected item (ctrl+f) - flush all items (arrow-right) (.) - add 1 second to delay time (arrow-left) (,) - take off 1 second from delay time (shift+arrow-right) (>) - add 60 seconds to delay time (shift+arrow-left) (<) - take off 60 seconds from delay time (;) - add 1 second to delay time for all items (') - take off 1 second from delay time for all items (:) - add 60 seconds to delay time for all items (") - take off 60 seconds from delay time for all items (|) - copy current item delay time to all items (n) - set try download now to select item (N) - set try download now to all items bookmark list menu - keys (q) - exit from this menu (b) - add item to bookmark and exit (del) (d) - set selected item to delete (u) - set selected item to undelete (m) - mark/unmark item (enter) (x) - go to selected item message when connection broken - keys (arrow-up) (.) - add 1 second to delay time (arrow-down) (,) - take off 1 second from delay time (shift+arrow-up) (>) - add 60 seconds to delay time (shift+arrow-down) (<) - take off 60 seconds from delay time find file menu - keys > input items < (enter) (tab) - go to the next item (ctrl+p) - enable/disable interactive filtering (ctrl+k) - exit from find file menu > select items < (tab) - go to the next item (enter) - go to selected file (q) - quit AVAILABILITY
The latest version of this program can be found at http://smbc.airm.net. SEE ALSO
README BUGS
You are welcome to send bug reports about Smbc to <smbc@airm.net>. SEE ALSO
smbc(1) AUTHOR
Originally written by Rafal Michniewicz <rafim@data.pl>. SMBC Version 1.1.2 February 2005 SMBC(1)