Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX->Win2000/XP?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers AIX->Win2000/XP? Post 25615 by GigaWire on Thursday 1st of August 2002 10:38:18 AM
Old 08-01-2002
AIX is the only OS it will run on.

The idea is to exchange the servers and dumb terminals now, while maintaining the current spreadsheet program. and as people work on their windows terminal with the new program, eventually shelve the old one. in the mean time though, there is just too much information that needs to be tranfered into the new program to not run a hybrid network for awhile.

the reason for the switch is that we want to dump our hardware maintenance contract, and provide a far less expensive upgrade path.

plus the worker bees want lcds Smilie

cheers

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Networking with Win2000

I'm trying to network a windows 2000 computer and a SCO unix machine. I'm able to ping the SCO computer's IP address. However, if I try to ping from the Unix machinge. Only the first packet is received and I then get the error message "Ping interrupted whilst trying ot reslove IP address. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Timbash
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multi-booting Win2000 and FreeBSD with boot.ini

Actually, I'm going to be setting up my new hard drive to boot 3-4 OSes...so far I'm definite on Windows 2000 Advanced Server and FreeBSD 4.4, and I'm stuck between RedHat 7.2 and Mandrake 8.1 for my Linux choice...anyways.... I'm gonna be using boot.ini as the boot loader thing. I've already... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DownSouthMoe
3 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to add Win2000, Win Me option to Lilo menu?

Hi All, I have installed RH Linux 7.1, windows 2000 and windows ME in the same machine. There are two booting menu: Lilo: Linux Dos Dos : Windows2000 WindowsME If I want to use windowME, I need to boot lilo and choose dos and final choose windows ME. Have any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonchan1000
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer FILE from UNIX to WIN2000/XP

it's possible make a transfer file with a remote command from UNIX SYSTEM to another computer with WIN2000/XP ??? ex.(rsh,ssh ecc.....????) now i use FTP program or telnet connection but ,i find a solution for execute a transfre file in to shell script UNIX (sh or ksh) from windows system (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
2 Replies

5. AIX

IY17981 fix required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration but not found

Hi, redbook documentation is telling that IY17981 fix is required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration. But there is no mention about that fix in any ML installation packages. - My system is ML11 : oslevel –r 4330-11 - But xlC.rte is on wrong version : lslpp -L xlC.rte xlC.rte ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
3 Replies

6. AIX

Nim on AIX 7.1 used to migrate AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1...is possible?

Using nimadm: nimadm -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_6100 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client sap024. 0505-205 nimadm: The level of bos.alt_disk_install.rte installed in SPOT spot_6100 (6.1.3.4) does not match the NIM master's level (7.1.1.2).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sciacca75
2 Replies

7. AIX

Will it affect my AIX LPAR security, when i set up email alerts on AIX server.

Hello, I've set up email alerts on AIX Servers. so that i can get email notifications (via mail relay server) when ever there is abnormal behavior. for example 1) my script monitors CPU/disk/memory etc... when it reaches high water ark, it will send an email alert. 2) disk usage alerts 3)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

8. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
pa_maxssiz(5)							File Formats Manual						     pa_maxssiz(5)

NAME
pa_maxssiz: pa_maxssiz_32bit, pa_maxssiz_64bit - maximum size (in bytes) of the stack for a user process running under the PA-RISC emulator on an Integrity system VALUES
Default Allowed values DESCRIPTION
User programs on HP-UX systems are composed of five discrete segments of virtual memory: text (or code), data, stack, shared, and I/O. PA-RISC binaries running under Itanium-based system using the PA-RISC emulator have their stack segment size (which includes both the mem- ory stack and the RSE stack) determined by or The emulated stack from the process perspective is the same as the stack if the process were executed on a PA-RISC machine without the emu- lator. The actual (non-emulated) process stack (both memory and RSE) for an emulated process are of a non-configurable size and are used solely for the internal use of the emulator for a PA-RISC process on Itanium-based system. This tunable therefore represents the required value of or on a corresponding PA-RISC machine to execute the emulated process plus working space for the emulator itself. As with the stack address space sized by the address space used by the emulator is both private to the process and not usable for other purposes regardless of whether the emulator stack grows to encompass the full range or not. As a consequence, the tunable value may be viewed as an amount of process data address space which will be unavailable to this PA-RISC process. Caution is advised especially for 32 bit processes since the default address space model only provides 1 Gb of private data space. Setting this tunable too high will result in execution failure when other allocations (private calls or calls) fail due to insufficient available address space. If this occurs, revise the address space model of the failing PA-RISC executable using to allow more private data virtual address space or lower the tunable. Who is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone. Restrictions on Changing Given that the user memory stack size is not modifiable by this tunable, it is expected that detailed knowledge of the PA-RISC emulator memory usage is needed before modifying this tunable. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Raised? This tunable should be raised if the PA-RISC emulator on Itanium-based system requires additional space for stack emulation. What Are the Side Effects of Raising the Value? The PA-RISC emulator will use more of the virtual address space for stack, leaving less virtual address space for data allocations. Rais- ing the value too high will result in application failure when data allocations fail due to insufficient virtual address space. Since it may not be known which processes are based off of PA-RISC binaries and which off Itanium-based binaries, arbitrary raising of this tunable is discouraged. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? This tunable should only be lowered if the workload for the PA-RISC emulator is known on the system, more space than is needed is currently used for stack emulation, and swap space (either reserved or allocated) is at a premium on the system. What Are the Side Effects of Lowering the Value? Lowering this tunable will decrease the available stack space for emulated PA-RISC binary executions. Emulated processes needing larger stacks will fail stack growth requests (just as lowering or may cause process termination due to failure to grow stack). What Other Tunable Values Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
chatr(1), mmap(2), sbrk(2), maxssiz(5). Integrity Systems Only Tunable Kernel Parameters pa_maxssiz(5)