Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX->Win2000/XP?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers AIX->Win2000/XP? Post 25615 by GigaWire on Thursday 1st of August 2002 10:38:18 AM
Old 08-01-2002
AIX is the only OS it will run on.

The idea is to exchange the servers and dumb terminals now, while maintaining the current spreadsheet program. and as people work on their windows terminal with the new program, eventually shelve the old one. in the mean time though, there is just too much information that needs to be tranfered into the new program to not run a hybrid network for awhile.

the reason for the switch is that we want to dump our hardware maintenance contract, and provide a far less expensive upgrade path.

plus the worker bees want lcds Smilie

cheers

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Networking with Win2000

I'm trying to network a windows 2000 computer and a SCO unix machine. I'm able to ping the SCO computer's IP address. However, if I try to ping from the Unix machinge. Only the first packet is received and I then get the error message "Ping interrupted whilst trying ot reslove IP address. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Timbash
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multi-booting Win2000 and FreeBSD with boot.ini

Actually, I'm going to be setting up my new hard drive to boot 3-4 OSes...so far I'm definite on Windows 2000 Advanced Server and FreeBSD 4.4, and I'm stuck between RedHat 7.2 and Mandrake 8.1 for my Linux choice...anyways.... I'm gonna be using boot.ini as the boot loader thing. I've already... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DownSouthMoe
3 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to add Win2000, Win Me option to Lilo menu?

Hi All, I have installed RH Linux 7.1, windows 2000 and windows ME in the same machine. There are two booting menu: Lilo: Linux Dos Dos : Windows2000 WindowsME If I want to use windowME, I need to boot lilo and choose dos and final choose windows ME. Have any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonchan1000
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer FILE from UNIX to WIN2000/XP

it's possible make a transfer file with a remote command from UNIX SYSTEM to another computer with WIN2000/XP ??? ex.(rsh,ssh ecc.....????) now i use FTP program or telnet connection but ,i find a solution for execute a transfre file in to shell script UNIX (sh or ksh) from windows system (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
2 Replies

5. AIX

IY17981 fix required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration but not found

Hi, redbook documentation is telling that IY17981 fix is required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration. But there is no mention about that fix in any ML installation packages. - My system is ML11 : oslevel –r 4330-11 - But xlC.rte is on wrong version : lslpp -L xlC.rte xlC.rte ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
3 Replies

6. AIX

Nim on AIX 7.1 used to migrate AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1...is possible?

Using nimadm: nimadm -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_6100 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client sap024. 0505-205 nimadm: The level of bos.alt_disk_install.rte installed in SPOT spot_6100 (6.1.3.4) does not match the NIM master's level (7.1.1.2).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sciacca75
2 Replies

7. AIX

Will it affect my AIX LPAR security, when i set up email alerts on AIX server.

Hello, I've set up email alerts on AIX Servers. so that i can get email notifications (via mail relay server) when ever there is abnormal behavior. for example 1) my script monitors CPU/disk/memory etc... when it reaches high water ark, it will send an email alert. 2) disk usage alerts 3)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

8. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
NNTP-PULL(1)							 nntp-pull manual						      NNTP-PULL(1)

NAME
nntp-pull - fetch articles from the server to the mbox SYNOPSIS
nntp-pull [options...] groupname [groupname...] DESCRIPTION
Fetch messages from the server and save them into the mailbox (mbox format). Every argument is supposed to be a name of group, optionally followed by a '>' character and mbox filename. If the mbox filename is omitted, it defaults to the name of the group. Besides global options (described in sinntp(1)), nntp-pull command takes following options: --limit=N Pull at most N messages. --reget Start from the first available message. EXAMPLES
nntp-pull --server=news.example.org --limit=50 'comp.os.linux>os-linux' Fetches at most the 50 newest articles from the newsgroup comp.os.linux located on news.example.org server and appends them to the os-linux mailbox file. nntp-pull --server=news.example.net --reget --limit=3 comp.os.windows Fetches at most the 3 oldest articles from the newsgroup comp.os.windows located on news.example.net server and appends them to the comp.os.windows mailbox file. SEE ALSO
sinntp(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009, 2010, 2011 Piotr Lewandowski, Jakub Wilk nntp-pull 1.5 2012-04-18 NNTP-PULL(1)