Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX->Win2000/XP?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers AIX->Win2000/XP? Post 25512 by warrend on Wednesday 31st of July 2002 11:09:43 AM
Old 07-31-2002
Giga,

What do you use the server for?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Networking with Win2000

I'm trying to network a windows 2000 computer and a SCO unix machine. I'm able to ping the SCO computer's IP address. However, if I try to ping from the Unix machinge. Only the first packet is received and I then get the error message "Ping interrupted whilst trying ot reslove IP address. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Timbash
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multi-booting Win2000 and FreeBSD with boot.ini

Actually, I'm going to be setting up my new hard drive to boot 3-4 OSes...so far I'm definite on Windows 2000 Advanced Server and FreeBSD 4.4, and I'm stuck between RedHat 7.2 and Mandrake 8.1 for my Linux choice...anyways.... I'm gonna be using boot.ini as the boot loader thing. I've already... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DownSouthMoe
3 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to add Win2000, Win Me option to Lilo menu?

Hi All, I have installed RH Linux 7.1, windows 2000 and windows ME in the same machine. There are two booting menu: Lilo: Linux Dos Dos : Windows2000 WindowsME If I want to use windowME, I need to boot lilo and choose dos and final choose windows ME. Have any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonchan1000
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer FILE from UNIX to WIN2000/XP

it's possible make a transfer file with a remote command from UNIX SYSTEM to another computer with WIN2000/XP ??? ex.(rsh,ssh ecc.....????) now i use FTP program or telnet connection but ,i find a solution for execute a transfre file in to shell script UNIX (sh or ksh) from windows system (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
2 Replies

5. AIX

IY17981 fix required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration but not found

Hi, redbook documentation is telling that IY17981 fix is required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration. But there is no mention about that fix in any ML installation packages. - My system is ML11 : oslevel –r 4330-11 - But xlC.rte is on wrong version : lslpp -L xlC.rte xlC.rte ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
3 Replies

6. AIX

Nim on AIX 7.1 used to migrate AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1...is possible?

Using nimadm: nimadm -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_6100 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client sap024. 0505-205 nimadm: The level of bos.alt_disk_install.rte installed in SPOT spot_6100 (6.1.3.4) does not match the NIM master's level (7.1.1.2).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sciacca75
2 Replies

7. AIX

Will it affect my AIX LPAR security, when i set up email alerts on AIX server.

Hello, I've set up email alerts on AIX Servers. so that i can get email notifications (via mail relay server) when ever there is abnormal behavior. for example 1) my script monitors CPU/disk/memory etc... when it reaches high water ark, it will send an email alert. 2) disk usage alerts 3)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

8. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
NOAUTH(5)							AFS File Reference							 NOAUTH(5)

NAME
NoAuth - Disables authorization checking DESCRIPTION
The NoAuth file, if present in a server machine's /var/lib/openafs/local directory, indicates to the AFS server processes running on the machine that it is not necessary to perform authorization checking. They perform any action for any user who logs into the machine's local file system or issues a remote command that affects the machine's AFS server functioning, such as commands from the AFS command suites. Because failure to check authorization exposes the machine's AFS server functionality to attack, there are normally only two circumstances in which the file is present: o During installation of the machine, as instructed in the OpenAFS Quick Start Guide. o During correction of a server encryption key emergency, as discussed in the OpenAFS Administration Guide. In all other circumstances, the absence of the file means that the AFS server processes perform authorization checking, verifying that the issuer of a command has the required privilege. Create the file in one of the following ways: o By issuing the bosserver initialization command with the -noauth flag, if the Basic OverSeer (BOS) Server is not already running. o By issuing the bos setauth command with off as the value for the -authrequired argument, if the BOS Server is already running. To remove the file, issue the bos setauth command with "on" as the value for the -authrequired argument. The file's contents, if any, are ignored; an empty (zero-length) file is effective. SEE ALSO
bos_setauth(8), bosserver(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 NOAUTH(5)