Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Solaris pkgmk -> prototype errors... Post 25465 by RTM on Tuesday 30th of July 2002 04:18:37 PM
Old 07-30-2002
Instead of
1 f none '/var/opt/totalnet/tndb/=flock.file' 0664 totalnet totalnet

try
1 f none '/var/opt/totalnet/tndb/flock.file' 0664 totalnet totalnet

(assuming from the examples on the man page this is what you are attempting {and that flock.file is in that path}:

f none /usr/wrap/bin/INSTALL 0755 root bin
f none /usr/wrap/bin/REMOVE 0755 root bin
f none /usr/wrap/bin/addpkg 0755 root bin

Check out the man page for prototype.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pkgmk....question on prototype file

I've read the man page, but still unclear a bit.... I'm making some packages of files. My pkginfo file has a line BASEDIR=/base/path. I also have several prototype files (depending on the package), that either list the destination path as absolute: f non /abs/path/to/go/here/file1 or are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yinzer955i
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errors while executing cmds in sun solaris

Hi All, I am using mysql at sun solaris unix(Hp) server. I logged into mysql server with root as user. its logged in properly. Then i used 'show databases' mysql command. its display all the available databases. for example mysql > show databases; It displayed as follows. exampledb1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dbsurf
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Installation errors Please help

Hi to all I have a sun Ultra 10 workstation with the following configuration SUN ULTRA-10 Workstation 440 Mhz CPU 1024 MB RAM 40 GB HDD Seagate (Connected as Primary master) FDD Samsung DVD Writer (connected as Secondary master) CABINET SMPS Sun keyboard and mouse the command -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: network45
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 9 lroundf errors

When I want to install some softwares from source with gcc/4.3 on a sparc solaris 9 I always have errors like this one : (example with lapack-3.2) ../../lapack_SUN4.a(slacn2.o): In function `slacn2_': slacn2.f:(.text+0x1b0): undefined reference to `lroundf' slacn2.f:(.text+0x370): undefined... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfhurt
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris Zone errors

after booting up my zone i get following error # zlogin -C DB_zone Sep 29 09:18:46 svc.startd: Could not log for svc:/system/filesystem/root:default: write(51) failed with I/O error. Sep 29 09:18:47 svc.startd: Could not log for svc:/system/installupdates:default: write(17) failed with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Errors in postfix configuration on solaris 10

Hi Geeks, I am trying to configure 'postfix' for sending mail only instead of 'sendmail'. I am getting following error when I try to send mail using mailx command. #echo "test" | mailx -s "test mail" <username> -- command executed from server --/var/log/syslog output : Jul 8 12:55:44... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhkadam
0 Replies

7. Linux

xset errors when trying to remote x11 from solaris

Hi all, Trying to achieve: Remote X11 app (advance trader workstation... really old) from solaris to linux. This app uses a startup script that loads some fonts via xset. I get an error from xset saying "incorrect font server address or syntax" Of course its not correct since i'm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick72
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Error with pkgmk command

Hi guys I need some help with the following error # pkgmk -r 'pwd' ## Building pkgmap from package prototype file. ERROR in prototype: garbled entry - pathname: none - problem: extra tokens on input line pkgmk: ERROR: unable to build pkgmap from prototype file ##... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris with Soft Errors in XIV

Hi guys, I had a solaris box, with veritas controled disk. 1 disc is showing soft errors, how can I repair the soft errors? Please help. Cheers; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mujakol
4 Replies

10. Solaris

apache 2.2.22 Solaris errors

Hi, I have installed apache 2.2.22 on solaris machine and trying to do some basic testing, but it is failing for one of the scenario. Seeing below in the error logs But noy sure why there is a need for AuthUserFile when i mentioned AuthldapURL. Please advise Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prash358
1 Replies
pkgproto(1)							   User Commands						       pkgproto(1)

NAME
pkgproto - generate prototype file entries for input to pkgmk command SYNOPSIS
pkgproto [-i] [-c class] [path1] pkgproto [-i] [-c class] [path1=path2...] DESCRIPTION
pkgproto scans the indicated paths and generates prototype(4) file entries that may be used as input to the pkgmk(1) command. If no paths are specified on the command line, standard input is assumed to be a list of paths. If the pathname listed on the command line is a directory, the contents of the directory is searched. However, if input is read from stdin, a directory specified as a pathname will not be searched. OPTIONS
-i Ignores symbolic links and records the paths as ftype=f (a file) versus ftype=s (symbolic link). -c class Maps the class of all paths to class. OPERANDS
path1 Pathname where objects are located. path2 Pathname which should be substituted on output for path1. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Examples of the use of pkgproto.1. The following two examples show uses of pkgproto and a partial listing of the output produced. Example 1: example% pkgproto /bin=bin /usr/bin=usrbin /etc=etc f none bin/sed=/bin/sed 0775 bin bin f none bin/sh=/bin/sh 0755 bin daemon f none bin/sort=/bin/sort 0755 bin bin f none usrbin/sdb=/usr/bin/sdb 0775 bin bin f none usrbin/shl=/usr/bin/shl 4755 bin bin d none etc/master.d 0755 root daemon f none etc/master.d/kernel=/etc/master.d/kernel 0644 root daemon f none etc/rc=/etc/rc 0744 root daemon Example 2: example% find / -type d -print | pkgproto d none / 755 root root d none /bin 755 bin bin d none /usr 755 root root d none /usr/bin 775 bin bin d none /etc 755 root root d none /tmp 777 root root EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkgmk(1), pkgparam(1), pkgtrans(1), prototype(4), attributes(5) Application Packaging Developer's Guide NOTES
By default, pkgproto creates symbolic link entries for any symbolic link encountered (ftype=s). When you use the -i option, pkgproto cre- ates a file entry for symbolic links (ftype=f). The prototype(4) file would have to be edited to assign such file types as v (volatile), e (editable), or x (exclusive directory). pkgproto detects linked files. If multiple files are linked together, the first path encountered is considered the source of the link. By default, pkgproto prints prototype entries on the standard output. However, the output should be saved in a file (named Prototype or prototype, for convenience) to be used as input to the pkgmk(1) command. SunOS 5.10 6 Nov 2000 pkgproto(1)