Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Solaris pkgmk -> prototype errors... Post 25450 by RTM on Tuesday 30th of July 2002 01:54:48 PM
Old 07-30-2002
Exactly how are you creating the prototype file? And how are you using it (within a script, command line)?

Possibly you need to \ the = so the shell does not interpert...but more info is required.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pkgmk....question on prototype file

I've read the man page, but still unclear a bit.... I'm making some packages of files. My pkginfo file has a line BASEDIR=/base/path. I also have several prototype files (depending on the package), that either list the destination path as absolute: f non /abs/path/to/go/here/file1 or are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yinzer955i
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errors while executing cmds in sun solaris

Hi All, I am using mysql at sun solaris unix(Hp) server. I logged into mysql server with root as user. its logged in properly. Then i used 'show databases' mysql command. its display all the available databases. for example mysql > show databases; It displayed as follows. exampledb1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dbsurf
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Installation errors Please help

Hi to all I have a sun Ultra 10 workstation with the following configuration SUN ULTRA-10 Workstation 440 Mhz CPU 1024 MB RAM 40 GB HDD Seagate (Connected as Primary master) FDD Samsung DVD Writer (connected as Secondary master) CABINET SMPS Sun keyboard and mouse the command -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: network45
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 9 lroundf errors

When I want to install some softwares from source with gcc/4.3 on a sparc solaris 9 I always have errors like this one : (example with lapack-3.2) ../../lapack_SUN4.a(slacn2.o): In function `slacn2_': slacn2.f:(.text+0x1b0): undefined reference to `lroundf' slacn2.f:(.text+0x370): undefined... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfhurt
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris Zone errors

after booting up my zone i get following error # zlogin -C DB_zone Sep 29 09:18:46 svc.startd: Could not log for svc:/system/filesystem/root:default: write(51) failed with I/O error. Sep 29 09:18:47 svc.startd: Could not log for svc:/system/installupdates:default: write(17) failed with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Errors in postfix configuration on solaris 10

Hi Geeks, I am trying to configure 'postfix' for sending mail only instead of 'sendmail'. I am getting following error when I try to send mail using mailx command. #echo "test" | mailx -s "test mail" <username> -- command executed from server --/var/log/syslog output : Jul 8 12:55:44... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhkadam
0 Replies

7. Linux

xset errors when trying to remote x11 from solaris

Hi all, Trying to achieve: Remote X11 app (advance trader workstation... really old) from solaris to linux. This app uses a startup script that loads some fonts via xset. I get an error from xset saying "incorrect font server address or syntax" Of course its not correct since i'm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick72
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Error with pkgmk command

Hi guys I need some help with the following error # pkgmk -r 'pwd' ## Building pkgmap from package prototype file. ERROR in prototype: garbled entry - pathname: none - problem: extra tokens on input line pkgmk: ERROR: unable to build pkgmap from prototype file ##... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris with Soft Errors in XIV

Hi guys, I had a solaris box, with veritas controled disk. 1 disc is showing soft errors, how can I repair the soft errors? Please help. Cheers; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mujakol
4 Replies

10. Solaris

apache 2.2.22 Solaris errors

Hi, I have installed apache 2.2.22 on solaris machine and trying to do some basic testing, but it is failing for one of the scenario. Seeing below in the error logs But noy sure why there is a need for AuthUserFile when i mentioned AuthldapURL. Please advise Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prash358
1 Replies
exit(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)