Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: logging
Special Forums Cybersecurity logging Post 25312 by The Fridgerator on Sunday 28th of July 2002 12:43:16 PM
Old 07-28-2002
logging

is there a log/ how do i make a log that logs every packet inbound or outbound through my server?
I want every packet or packet fragment to be logged that comes to my server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Logging

I have a SCO R5 Open Server Box running at a remote location, and from time to time it seems to "spontaneously" re-boot itself. Is there a specific log file that I can examine to see why the machine is doing this ? Any suggestions gratefully appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcs7088
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging

G'day Just wondering if anyone out there knows how to log files, using the example I provided in the earlier message / question earlier today: :confused: If I was to backup a file, how could I setup a log file to record the filename, date (This one I've got figured), and that the file was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussie_Bloke
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

logging when someone changes to su

Is there a file that captures info whenever someone logs to su? i know it comes across as standard output on the server, but is it saved anywhere? Time and date info included?? thanks, kym (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kymberm
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Asking about logging in

Hi, just wriiten a sh script and as my script will try to log into another server to delete some files but when i run , it keeps on saying that my files do not exist. It seems to refer to my local directory instead. Below is my script : FTP_HOST=ip_number FTP_USER="user password" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blueberry80
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need more logging

Hi all! On our current Solaris 8 machine we only have "standard" logging configured, and now i need to put on more. What i specificly need is time in the logfiles. Ex. When a user is logging in, when a user makes it self SU. etc. Regards... dOzY (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dozy
3 Replies

6. Programming

Logging

Hi How to manage logging in an application. Actually I am developing a Client-Server application in c/c++ and want to manage an optional logging in my application, but since prior I have never done ths activity. Plz guide me. thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumsin
2 Replies

7. AIX

Logging off users

What is the best way to logoff users from my Unix system? I have done a search and found that you can do a w or who - find who is on, and ps-ef | grep <user> and kill their processes. But what if you have a bunch of users and you need them off the system quickly? Killing individual processes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: outtacontrol
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

logging into

Hi all Can anyone tell me how to login inot telnet,i heard that it is an interface between unix and windows,if i am wrong please correct me. Thanks in anticipation (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinayrao
1 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Constant Logging In (After Logging Out)

Hi Everyone. First, I want to thank all of you for letting me participate in this great group. I am having a bit of a problem. After I get an email from a responder, I login to make my reply. In the mean time I get another response by email from another member, I go to reply to them and I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
6 Replies

10. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies
ldns(3) 						     Library Functions Manual							   ldns(3)

NAME
ldns_pkt_edns, ldns_pkt_edns_udp_size, ldns_pkt_edns_extended_rcode, ldns_pkt_edns_version, ldns_pkt_edns_z, ldns_pkt_edns_data, ldns_pkt_set_edns_udp_size, ldns_pkt_set_edns_extended_rcode, ldns_pkt_set_edns_version, ldns_pkt_set_edns_z, ldns_pkt_set_edns_data- SYNOPSIS
#include <stdint.h> #include <stdbool.h> #include <ldns/ldns.h> bool ldns_pkt_edns(const ldns_pkt *packet); uint16_t ldns_pkt_edns_udp_size(const ldns_pkt *packet); uint8_t ldns_pkt_edns_extended_rcode(const ldns_pkt *packet); uint8_t ldns_pkt_edns_version(const ldns_pkt *packet); uint16_t ldns_pkt_edns_z(const ldns_pkt *packet); ldns_rdf* ldns_pkt_edns_data(const ldns_pkt *packet); void ldns_pkt_set_edns_udp_size(ldns_pkt *packet, uint16_t s); void ldns_pkt_set_edns_extended_rcode(ldns_pkt *packet, uint8_t c); void ldns_pkt_set_edns_version(ldns_pkt *packet, uint8_t v); void ldns_pkt_set_edns_z(ldns_pkt *packet, uint16_t z); void ldns_pkt_set_edns_data(ldns_pkt *packet, ldns_rdf *data); DESCRIPTION
ldns_pkt_edns() returns true if this packet needs and EDNS rr to be sent. At the moment the only reason is an expected packet size larger than 512 bytes, but for instance dnssec would be a good reason too. packet: the packet to check Returns true if packet needs edns rr ldns_pkt_edns_udp_size() return the packet's edns udp size packet: the packet Returns the size ldns_pkt_edns_extended_rcode() return the packet's edns extended rcode packet: the packet Returns the rcode ldns_pkt_edns_version() return the packet's edns version packet: the packet Returns the version ldns_pkt_edns_z() return the packet's edns z value packet: the packet Returns the z value ldns_pkt_edns_data() return the packet's edns data packet: the packet Returns the data ldns_pkt_set_edns_udp_size() Set the packet's edns udp size packet: the packet s: the size ldns_pkt_set_edns_extended_rcode() Set the packet's edns extended rcode packet: the packet c: the code ldns_pkt_set_edns_version() Set the packet's edns version packet: the packet v: the version ldns_pkt_set_edns_z() Set the packet's edns z value packet: the packet z: the value ldns_pkt_set_edns_data() Set the packet's edns data packet: the packet data: the data AUTHOR
The ldns team at NLnet Labs. Which consists out of Jelte Jansen and Miek Gieben. REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs to ldns-team@nlnetlabs.nl or in our bugzilla at http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/bugs/index.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 - 2006 NLnet Labs. Licensed under the BSD License. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
ldns_pkt. And perldoc Net::DNS, RFC1034, RFC1035, RFC4033, RFC4034 and RFC4035. REMARKS
This manpage was automaticly generated from the ldns source code by use of Doxygen and some perl. 30 May 2006 ldns(3)