Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Floating Point Division
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Floating Point Division Post 25167 by gsatch on Thursday 25th of July 2002 04:03:11 PM
Old 07-25-2002
BREAKTHRU!! Duh GSATCH, use "scale" option in `bc` - `echo "scale=2;2/3" |bc` returns ".66".

Ok, my brain is back in place now...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

floating point addition

hi, :) I have a file like this 10.456 123.567 456.876 234.987 ........ ....... What i want to do is ia have to add all those numbers and put the result in some other file. Any help pls. cheers RRK (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
8 Replies

2. Programming

floating point problem

Hi all! Hi all! I am working with a problem to find the smallest floating point number that can be represented. I am going in a loop ,stating with an initial value of 1.0 and then diving it by 10 each time thru the loop. So the first time I am getting o.1 which I wanted.But from the next... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijlak
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Floating Division in Linux

Hi everyone , have a great day given below is the excerpt of code k=`grep -i success /var/seamless/spool/tdr/ERS_$date1$time1* | wc -l`; l=`grep -i fail /var/seamless/spool/tdr/ERS_$date1$time1* | wc -l`; m=`grep -i entertain /var/seamless/spool/tdr/ERS_$date1$time1* | wc -l`; n=$(($k+$l))... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dastard
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rounding off the value of Floating point value

Hello, i have some variables say: x=1.4 y=3.7 I wish to round off these values to : x = 2 (after rounding off) y = 4 (after rounding off) I am stuck. Please help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: damansingh
7 Replies

5. Programming

Floating point error in C

Hi, see the simple code below double i; i=8080.9940; printf(" val :%.30f\n",i); output i m getting is val :8080.993999999999700000000000000 when i m expecting val :8080.9940 what happens?how can i avoid it? thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hara
2 Replies

6. Linux

Floating point exception !!!

Hi, I have linux fedora 4 ver., 2.6 kernal. And qmail & mysql & samba servers are already configured on this server. When I try to install any package like squidguard ,dansguardian,webmin,rsnapshots with command rpm -ivh . It is giving error as “Floating point exception" Snap View is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk01
3 Replies

7. Linux

Floating Point Exception

Hi, I am compiling "HelloWorld" C progam on 32-bit CentOS and i want to execute it on 64-bit CentOS architecture. For that i copied the a.out file from 32-bit to 64-bit machine, but while executing a.out file on 64bit machine I am getting "Floating point exception error". But we can run... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandar123
3 Replies

8. Programming

Floating point Emulator

what is floating point emulator(FPE)? where and why it is used? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pgmfourms
1 Replies

9. Programming

Floating Point

Anyone help me i cant found the error of floating point if needed, i added the code complete #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <ctype.h> typedef struct { int hh; int mm; int ss; char nom; int punt; }cancion; typedef struct... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slasho
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to perform floating division in shell script?

I want to perform the below division operation in shell script and round the value. val1=6000 val2=5000 res=val1/val2 ----> 1.2---> Round to 2 Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
3 Replies
mlib_SignalMelCepstral_F32(3MLIB)			    mediaLib Library Functions				 mlib_SignalMelCepstral_F32(3MLIB)

NAME
mlib_SignalMelCepstral_F32 - perform cepstral analysis in mel frequency scale SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmlib [ library... ] #include <mlib.h> mlib_status mlib_SignalMelCepstral_F32(mlib_f32 *cepst, const mlib_f32 *signal, void *state); DESCRIPTION
The mlib_SignalMelCepstral_F32() function performs cepstral analysis in mel frequency scale. The first two steps of mel scale cepstral analysis is the same as in general cepstral anaysis. After the logarithm of the spectrum magni- tude is obtained, it is converted into mel frequency scale before the inverse Fourier transform. +-----------+ +-----------+ | Linear | | Inverse | ... ------>| to |------->| Fourier |-----> X'(k) | Mel Scale | X''(m) | Transform | c(n) +-----------+ +-----------+ where X'(k) is defined in linear frequency scale and X''(m) is defined in mel frequency scale. The mel frequency scale is defined as following. freq_mel = melmul * LOG10(1 + freq_linear / meldiv) where freq_mel is the frequency in mel scale, freq_linear is the frequency in linear scale, melmul is the multiplying factor, muldiv is the dividing factor. Optionally, a bank of band pass filters in linear frequency scale can be used below the bank of band pass filters in mel frequency scale, as shown below in linear frequency scale. 0 f1 f2 f3 fp fp+1 fp+2 fp+3 fp+q |---|---|---| ... |---|----|-----| ... | ... -> freq where fp = melbgn, fp+q = melend, p = nlinear, q = nmel; the filters number 1 to p are defined in linear frequency scale which have equal bandwidth in linear frequency scale; the filters number p+1 to p+q are defined in mel frequency scale which have equal bandwidth in mel frequency scale and increasing bandwidth in linear frequency scale. See Digital Signal Processing by Alan V. Oppenheim and Ronald W. Schafer, Prentice Hall, 1974. See Fundamentals of Speech Recognition by Lawrence Rabiner and Biing-Hwang Juang, Prentice Hall, 1993. PARAMETERS
The function takes the following arguments: cepst The cepstral coefficients. signal The input signal vector. state Pointer to the internal state structure. RETURN VALUES
The function returns MLIB_SUCCESS if successful. Otherwise it returns MLIB_FAILURE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mlib_SignalMelCepstralInit_F32(3MLIB), mlib_SignalMelCepstralFree_F32(3MLIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Nov 2004 mlib_SignalMelCepstral_F32(3MLIB)