Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory file system is full : But df -k shows space available Post 25136 by geraldwilson on Thursday 25th of July 2002 08:24:09 AM
Old 07-25-2002
Dear Sir,
df -ik showed %Iused 8%
Compaq says that Max inodes can be 2 power 31.
They it is a problem with max extents.
Is it so?

regds
Wilson

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

file system full

When I try to log in as root I get the following message realloccg /: file system full sendmail :NO Queue:low on space (have 0,SMTP-DAEMON needs 101 in /var/spool/mqueue) What should I do? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hopeless
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Full File System

Hi All, There was a background process running on a Solaris 2.8 machine, and appeared to have filled all available disk-space. I done a killall, and upon re-booting found that the file system had filled up, and will not boot as normal as a result. For example, I'm getting /usr/adm/messages: No... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breen
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Full file system?

I read the sticky and thought of a script I use on a regular basis. Since unless you patch/upgrade the df command on solaris you have a very tought time teling how full the system truly is. Output looks like $ biggest.sh /tmp Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: meyerder
0 Replies

4. Solaris

/tmp: File system full, swap space limit exceeded

Can you help. My server sunning solaris 9 on x86 platform pretty much hung for a few hours... I could not use telnet or ssh to the box - it kept refusing connection. A few hours later - I was able to log in again. The server has not rebooted but here are the first errors in the messages log... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
5 Replies

5. Solaris

file system full

I am receving following Error message in /var/adm/messages "NOTICE: alloc: /: file system full" Disk space usage is as beklow: df -k $ Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d10 76678257 56962561 18948914 76% / /proc ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asteroid
8 Replies

6. Solaris

file system full

hello Even though I am not out of inodes or of space, the /var/adm/messages shows messages: file system full I am doing now fcsk -m (400G) and I am still waiting to see the fragmentation results (should I add another option to df to have a faster output?) Do you have any other hints... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
6 Replies

7. Linux

Unable to remove file using rm: Disk space is full

Hi all, My disk space is 100% full. df -k <dir> -> 100% One of my debug files consume huge amount of space and i want to remove the same to start off fresh debugs. However i'm unable to remove the file giving out the following error message: rm -f debug.out22621 rm: cannot remove... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pankajakshan
8 Replies

8. Red Hat

File system full, but not really.

Hey all, What do you think mostly happened in the following situation? I have a Red Hat 5.5 server. Someone, somehow, managed to get two .nfs000.... type files that totaled over a terabyte in size. I removed them and thought things were back to normal. Then I started getting complains from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: geelsu
2 Replies

9. Solaris

File system full - not removed: No space left on device

Does anyone have any advise on trying to clean up a full filesystem? I can't rm any files because of the follow: not removed: No space left on device Any help would be very much appreciated. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: craigsky
10 Replies
RECOVER(1)						      General Commands Manual							RECOVER(1)

NAME
recover - recover a deleted file SYNOPSIS
recover [device] [options] OPTIONS
-h, --help prints help -a, --all no filtering; dump all deleted inodes DESCRIPTION
recover recovers a file which matches some ext2 - info about the deleted inode by getting all the deleted inodes and filtering them. It's based upon the Ext2Undeletion-howto by Aaron Crane. Using this utility, your chances to recover a lost file should increase a lot. QUESTIONS ABOUT THE DELETED FILE
o Hard disk device name o Year of deletion o Month of deletion o Weekday of deletion o First/Last possible day of month o Min/Max possible file size o Min/Max possible deletion hour o Min/Max possible deletion minute o User ID of the deleted file o A text string the file included (can be ignored) BUGS
Please note that recover does not work with ext3 filesystems, it is strictly ext2-only. For further information on this, please read /usr/share/doc/recover/README.ext2only WARRANTY
There is no warranty. SEE ALSO
debugfs (8) AUTHOR
Tom Pycke (Tom.Pycke@advalvas.be) WEBSITE
http://users.linuxbox.com/~recover November 4 1999 RECOVER(1)