Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers HELP - Need help with chron job on solaris Post 25125 by peter.herlihy on Thursday 25th of July 2002 05:06:39 AM
Old 07-25-2002
You've got about 10 questions here. You won't find anyone that will do it all for you - so you're better off to ask more specific questions. If it looks like you're not making any attempt yourself- help will be scarce.

I'll give you a few pointers...although most of your questions don't have enough detail to provide an answer.

Do you know how to set up a crontab entry?
Saving a file with a date stamp....(use the search function in this forum - this has been addressed a number of times and you should find what you are looking for here).
Same with automated mailing.
look up find and mtime for the set period storage....

You'll really going to have to make a start on this - and when you've got into it and have some more specific questions, then come back. Good Luck.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Where can I get a sample Solaris exam and a job

I am trying very hard to get certified in Solaris 8. I need some sample question tests. Dose anybody work in the Dallas Plano area that has a job doing Unix. I need some help in both areas. Thanks Bobby:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Youngadmin
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

killing unix job after the job process completes

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dtazv
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Solaris version 10: cron job does not send the default message.

Hi all, Our servers were on Sun Solaris 8.1, anytime a cron job executed the user ran that job received a email of job's output. I think that the default and Administrator did not setup anything. However, when we upgraded the OS to Sun Solaris ver.10, the cron job is no longer send a email... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmnguyen
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10.5 perl and cron job execution problem

Hi, I want to run a crontab job on solaris 10.5. I have configured the crontab accordingly 10 * * * * /scripts/dbalter.pl >> /scripts/cronout.txt However this does not work .Then I go to /var/mail/root and find an error in the output: From root@myserver Wed Feb 4 17:02:00 2009... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonu2die4
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to run CRON JOB IN SOLARIS ZONE ??

Hi I am new to solaris zones........... I created a zone in solaris and i am trying to add a cron entry to that by crontab -e but when I enter that command it is just showing 253 number..... But when I enter crontab -l there are some entries my question is how to add cron entry?? when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
3 Replies

6. Advertise with Us

HPUX and Sun Solaris Job Opportunities

Hi Guys... Already i am Completed RHCE , then i planned one more certification, So i need ur help that, Which one is better job opportunity "Hp Unix" or "Sun solaris". Thanks Raghu.V (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghu_linuxsurf
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start a Job after finding the Old job completed

Hi Experts, I need a script advice to schedule 12 jobs ( SAS Codes execute back ground ). Algorithem: 1. Script checks first job. 2. Finds first job is done; invoke second job. 3. finds second job is done; invoke third job. .. Request you to please assist. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jerald Nathan
3 Replies

8. Solaris

How to setup a cron job to run every 45 minutes in Solaris 5.10

How to setup a cron job to run every 45 minutes in Solaris 5.10 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: reyazan
9 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris cron job email generation not required

Hi, How do we stop default cron job emails bein generated in Solaris 10? All our cron entries are ending with /dev/null 2>&1 but still emails are being generated. And all these emails are nuisance, as they are also get relayed to our local network sendmail MTA server (for system email... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: hasan.kamali
14 Replies
DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)						      Debconf						      DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)

NAME
dpkg-preconfigure - let packages ask questions prior to their installation SYNOPSIS
dpkg-preconfigure [options] package.deb dpkg-preconfigure --apt DESCRIPTION
dpkg-preconfigure lets packages ask questions before they are installed. It operates on a set of debian packages, and all packages that use debconf will have their config script run so they can examine the system and ask questions. OPTIONS
-ftype, --frontend=type Select the frontend to use. -pvalue, --priority=value Set the lowest priority of questions you are interested in. Any questions with a priority below the selected priority will be ignored and their default answers will be used. --terse Enables terse output mode. This affects only some frontends. --apt Run in apt mode. It will expect to read a set of package filenames from stdin, rather than getting them as parameters. Typically this is used to make apt run dpkg-preconfigure on all packages before they are installed. To do this, add something like this to /etc/apt/apt.conf: // Pre-configure all packages before // they are installed. DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs { "dpkg-preconfigure --apt --priority=low"; }; -h, --help Display usage help. SEE ALSO
debconf(7) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2011-06-22 DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)