Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System Administration
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers System Administration Post 25084 by auswipe on Wednesday 24th of July 2002 11:51:16 AM
Old 07-24-2002
Re: Learning is always good! CERTs are nice but not necessary

Quote:
Originally posted by Kelam_Magnus
Anytime you can gain additional knowledge regarding UNIX I would take it. I started out with no degree and recieved my AAS degree in UNIX. I have taken a separate Unix Cert course at the local Junior College.
Where did you get the AAS in Unix? I know that Richland in DCCCD offers AAS/Unix but I was not aware of any other place in the DFW that did.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP-UX system & Network Administration II.PDF

Dear all, I plan to take HP-UX cert. EXAM. But, I cannot find hp-ux system & network administration II.pdf file Do you know where can I download?? Do you have? can you send to me? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkpcman
2 Replies

2. AIX

AU14 AIX 5L System Administration I: Implementation

hello everybody I'm studying this book called AU13 AIX 5L Basics, but i almost finish and I need to have the next one whose name is 1. AU14 AIX 5L System Administration I: Implementation I know these are several books, if someone had it en PDF, please let me know how I could get it. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Submit A Basic System Administration Command

Come and create a new thread to post a basic system administration command to share with all .. :) #df -h -- to list down mounted filesystem with the capacity #uname -a -- to provide brief system information (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: osca7578
7 Replies

4. Solaris

System Administration Certification

I'm planning to take System Administration certification in SUN Solaris. Can some one suggest me if there are any links are URLs to find sample question papers. Pharos (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharos467
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Information about Unix System Administration

I'm a newbie so I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section... if I didn't, please forgive me :) I've been looking all over the web for information on system administration. I'd like to become a Unix System Administrator but I want to find some more info about the job. Can someone please... (54 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpicracing
54 Replies

6. Solaris

Various System Administration Questions

Sorry I'm kind of desperate here :wall:, there's a security audit coming next week :( and I can't seem to find solutions for the questions below :confused:. 1) I need to limit usage on account during non-working hours. There's no /etc/security/time.conf file in my system should I create it? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShouTenraku
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System/Network Administration Tools

Sorry for making this post so generic. I'm trying to see if there are tools that exist that look at local network/system configurations and find problems... for example: - NTP server configured that cannot be reached (can cause the system to drift because nobody is alerted to the fact that the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
0 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Learning System Administration: What to focus on?

In the fall I am taking courses in System Admin and Networking Admin, along with Cisco classes. Sometime next year I hope to get Red Hat and CCNA certifications, then try to get some experience and a job. I am wondering what I can focus on in the meantime (and in my spare time) that will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ScottLew
1 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

How to start in System Administration?

Hi all, I wonder if you guys could give me some advice on this. I have messed around with Linux for the last few years, and I'm at the point where I would like to become a system administrator - as a career. I already have a bachelor's degree, but it is in the humanities (art history) so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScottLew
2 Replies
IO::Socket::UNIX(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     IO::Socket::UNIX(3pm)

NAME
IO::Socket::UNIX - Object interface for AF_UNIX domain sockets SYNOPSIS
use IO::Socket::UNIX; DESCRIPTION
"IO::Socket::UNIX" provides an object interface to creating and using sockets in the AF_UNIX domain. It is built upon the IO::Socket interface and inherits all the methods defined by IO::Socket. CONSTRUCTOR
new ( [ARGS] ) Creates an "IO::Socket::UNIX" object, which is a reference to a newly created symbol (see the "Symbol" package). "new" optionally takes arguments, these arguments are in key-value pairs. In addition to the key-value pairs accepted by IO::Socket, "IO::Socket::UNIX" provides. Type Type of socket (eg SOCK_STREAM or SOCK_DGRAM) Local Path to local fifo Peer Path to peer fifo Listen Create a listen socket If the constructor is only passed a single argument, it is assumed to be a "Peer" specification. NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE As of VERSION 1.18 all IO::Socket objects have autoflush turned on by default. This was not the case with earlier releases. NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE METHODS
hostpath() Returns the pathname to the fifo at the local end peerpath() Returns the pathanme to the fifo at the peer end SEE ALSO
Socket, IO::Socket AUTHOR
Graham Barr. Currently maintained by the Perl Porters. Please report all bugs to <perlbug@perl.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1996-8 Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com>. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-03-04 IO::Socket::UNIX(3pm)