Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: use of the DD command
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory use of the DD command Post 25051 by calou on Wednesday 24th of July 2002 05:28:07 AM
Old 07-24-2002
use of the DD command

i want to clone a harddisk with the DD command. I need two
full identik Harddisk insert in my system. How must i proceed
to clone my disk?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

inconsistent ls command display at the command prompt & running as a cron job

Sir, I using the following commands in a file (part of a bigger script): #!/bin/bash cd /opt/oracle/bin ls -lt | tail -1 | awk '{print $6}' >> /tmp/ramb.out If I run this from the command prompt the result is: 2007-05-16 if I run it as a cron job then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajranibl
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign a command line argument and a unix command to awk variables

Hi , I have a piece of code ...wherein I need to assign the following ... 1) A command line argument to a variable e.g origCount=ARGV 2) A unix command to a variable e.g result=`wc -l testFile.txt` in my awk shell script When I do this : print "origCount" origCount --> I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweta_doshi
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 Can anybody help us with a command to retrieve netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 on aix machine. net/subnet address is in the format 172.16.212.0(signifies all 255 machines in an IPv4 network) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie8278
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix command : how to insert text at the cursor location via command line?

Hi, Well my title isn't very clear I think. So to understand my goal: I have a script "test1" #!/bin/bash xvkbd -text blabla with xbindkeys, I bind F5 key in order it runs my test1 script So when I press F5, test1 runs. I'm under Emacs/Vi and I press F5 in order to have "blabla" be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xib.be
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing command output from one command to the next command in cshell

HI Guys, I hope you are well. I am trying to write a script that gets executed every time i open a shell (cshell). I have two questions about that 1) I need to enter these commands $ echo $DISPLAY $ setenv $DISPLAY output_of_echo_$display_command How can i write a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SH script, variable built command fails, but works at command line

I am working with a sh script on a solaris 9 zone (sol 10 host) that grabs information to build the configuration command line. the variables Build64, SSLopt, CONFIGopt, and CC are populated in the script. the script includes CC=`which gcc` CONFIGopt=' --prefix=/ --exec-prefix=/usr... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple command execution inside awk command during xml parsing

below is the output xml string from some other command and i will be parsing it using awk cat /tmp/alerts.xml <Alert id="10102" name="APP-DS-ds_ha-140018-componentFailure-S" alertDefinitionId="13982" resourceId="11427" ctime="1359453507621" fixed="false" reason="If Event/Log Level(ANY) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

9. AIX

I'm facing problem with rpm command, when running the command and appears this error:

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/opt/freeware/bin/rpm because of the following errors: 0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1). 0509-150 Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a(shr4.o) could not be loaded. 0509-152 Member... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ohmkar
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Another one line command where I'd like to determine if Ubuntu or Red Hat when running command

Hello Forum, I'm making very good progress on my report thanks to the very helpful people on this forum. I've been able to successfully create my report for my Red Hat servers. But I do have a few ubuntu servers in the mix and I'd like to capture some data from them when an ssh connection is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
8 Replies
CLONE(8)							    NUT Manual								  CLONE(8)

NAME
clone - UPS driver clone NOTE
This man page only documents the specific features of the clone driver. For information about the core driver, see nutupsdrv(8). DESCRIPTION
This driver, which sits on top of another driver socket, allows users to group clients to a particular outlet of a device and deal with this output as if it was a normal UPS. EXTRA ARGUMENTS
This driver supports the following settings: load.off=command Recommended. Set the command on the "real" UPS driver that will be used to switch off the outlet. You need both load.off and load.on in order to power cycle the outlet. Otherwise, shutting down the clients powered by an outlet is a one way street (see IMPORTANT). load.on=command Recommended. Set the command on the "real" UPS driver that will be used to switch on the outlet. You need both load.off and load.on in order to power cycle the outlet. Otherwise, shutting down the clients powered by an outlet is a one way street (see IMPORTANT). load.status=value Recommended. Set the variable on the "real" UPS driver that will be used to indicate the outlet status (i.e. on/off). If not specified, the clone driver will attempt to keep track of the outlet status, but this is less reliable. offdelay=num Set the timer (in seconds) before the outlet is turned off after the shutdown condition (OB LB) for this outlet is met or a command to shutdown was issued. Defaults to 120 seconds. ondelay=num Set the timer (in seconds) for the outlet to switch on in case the power returns after the oulet has been switched off. Defaults to 30 seconds. mincharge=value Set the remaining battery level when the clone UPS switches to LB (percent). minruntime=value Set the remaining battery runtime when the clone UPS switches to LB (seconds). IMPLEMENTATION
The port specification in the ups.conf(5) reference the driver socket that the "real" UPS driver is using. For example: [realups] driver = usbhid-ups port = auto [clone-outlet-1] driver = clone port = usbhid-ups-realups load.on = outlet.1.load.on load.off = outlet.1.load.off load.status = outlet.1.status [...] IMPORTANT
Unlike a real UPS, you should not configure a upsmon master for this driver. When a upsmon master sees the OB LB flags and tells the upsd server it is OK to initiate the shutdown sequence, the server will latch the FSD status and it will not be possible to restart the systems connected without restarting the upsd server. This will be a problem if the power returns after the clone UPS initiated the shutdown sequence on it's outlet, but returns before the real UPS begins shutting down. The solution is in the clone driver, that will insert the FSD flag if needed without the help of a upsmon master. CAVEATS
The clone UPS will follow the status on the real UPS driver. You can only make the clone UPS shutdown earlier than the real UPS driver, not later. If the real UPS driver initiates a shutdown, the clone UPS driver will immediately follow. Be aware that the commands to shutdown/restart an outlet on the real UPS drivers are not affected, so if you tell the real UPS driver to shutdown the outlet of the clone UPS driver, your clients will lose power without warning. AUTHOR
Arjen de Korte <adkorte-guest@alioth.debian.org> SEE ALSO
upscmd(1), upsrw(1), ups.conf(5), nutupsdrv(8) Internet Resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/21/2012 CLONE(8)