Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: what is suid ?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers what is suid ? Post 24837 by simon2000 on Thursday 18th of July 2002 09:43:02 AM
Old 07-18-2002
thanks PxT, that was a very good explanation :-)

-simon2000

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

SUID bit???

Hi all I'm getting file info through stat( char *filename, struct stat *buf) Taking all the file attributes to buf->st_mode, How can i check the suid bit in there, if suid bit mask is 0004000?? Thank you all (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solvman
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

suid files???

Hi all, Where can i find list of suid and gid files common for the system, let's say RedHat 7.1? Thank you all Regards :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solvman
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SUID not working

Hi Senario: I have previleges to edit a file F but User B does not have sufficient privs to edit it. In order for B to edit it I tried an indirect way. I created a script to edit F and SUID this script so that B can execute it with the privs of me. But this is not working . can some one help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pankaj Mishra
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sgid suid help --need clarification

I'm writing this command/script to allow students to vi a private file of mine in a private directory of mine. chmod 700 dir chmod 660 file however since i own the directory and file; the script has to be ran by me so to speak, im just not sure how to set about doing this. the script is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: StrengthThaDon
5 Replies

5. AIX

suid not working on AIX ?

Hello, I'm running AIX 6.1 box. I tried to use suid on binary file but it doesn't work. (I set suid on /usr/bin/sleep and tried to run it as user1(sleep owner is bin) - and program still runs as user1. It shoud run as bin isn't it ? - This test run as expected on Linux box) Filesystem is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Weird SUID issue

Hi, I am setting up SUID permissions on a binary. It gets set for most of the users, however, 1 in 10 users is unable to set these. For those who works: > chmod 6555 Test > ls -l Test -r-sr-sr-x 1 A B 5524 Nov 15 14:53 Test For those where it doesn't work: > chmod 6555 Test... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
14 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

the SUID of lpq

Hello My system is Debian-503-amd64. After I installed the "lpr" package, I found that some files with SUID bit come from this package. As: ls -l /usr/bin/lp* .... -rwsr-sr-x 1 root lp 31800 2008-05-20 /usr/bin/lpq -rwsr-sr-x 1 root lp 28504 2008-05-20 /usr/bin/lpr -rwsr-sr-x 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ZR_Lang
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do suid permissions work?

Hello all, I have a file system with permissions: drwxrwsr-x 49 pwcenter pwce1 4096 01 May 17:00 InFiles Can someone explain the real significance of the 's' setting for group users please? Cheers (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
3 Replies

9. AIX

Why /bin/su permission with SUID?

Dear all experts in this forum, I have faced a audit issue as auditor told that we should not have SUID on /bin/su. As I have checked using Google, I found most of the site only telling that /bin/su should have the permission bit as -rwsr-xr-x but never explain why /bin/su need this permission... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between inbuilt suid programs and user defined root suid programs under bash shell?

Hey guys, Suppose i run passwd via bash shell. It is a suid program, which temporarily runs as root(owner) and modifies the user entries. However, when i write a C file and give 4755 permission and root ownership to the 'a.out' file , it doesn't run as root in bash shell. I verified this by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
2 Replies
TAP::Parser::Result::Plan(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			    TAP::Parser::Result::Plan(3pm)

NAME
TAP::Parser::Result::Plan - Plan result token. VERSION
Version 3.17 DESCRIPTION
This is a subclass of TAP::Parser::Result. A token of this class will be returned if a plan line is encountered. 1..1 ok 1 - woo hooo! 1..1 is the plan. Gotta have a plan. OVERRIDDEN METHODS
Mainly listed here to shut up the pitiful screams of the pod coverage tests. They keep me awake at night. o "as_string" o "raw" Instance Methods "plan" if ( $result->is_plan ) { print $result->plan; } This is merely a synonym for "as_string". "tests_planned" my $planned = $result->tests_planned; Returns the number of tests planned. For example, a plan of 1..17 will cause this method to return '17'. "directive" my $directive = $plan->directive; If a SKIP directive is included with the plan, this method will return it. 1..0 # SKIP: why bother? "has_skip" if ( $result->has_skip ) { ... } Returns a boolean value indicating whether or not this test has a SKIP directive. "explanation" my $explanation = $plan->explanation; If a SKIP directive was included with the plan, this method will return the explanation, if any. "todo_list" my $todo = $result->todo_list; for ( @$todo ) { ... } perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 TAP::Parser::Result::Plan(3pm)