Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Problems calling external C routines from PL/SQL Post 24778 by lwnorowski on Wednesday 17th of July 2002 03:45:28 PM
Old 07-17-2002
Problems calling external C routines from PL/SQL

Hi everybody!

I'm not familiar with C programming in Unix, but I'm trying to make work an example to execute external procedures (developed in C) from PL/SQL.
The example includes .c and .pc source files, which I have compiled succesfully.
After that, links the .o files into .so to declare later as libraries in the Oracle database.

The problem appears when I try to execute this procedures (from PL), when a I get the error:

"Error loading external library"
"ORA-06522: ld.so.1: ORACLE_HOME/bin/extprocPLSExtProc: fatal:
relocation error: file /opt/mqm/lib/libmqm.so: symbol NULL_HSHMEMS: referenced symbol not found"

The library /opt/mqm/lib/libmqm.so is provided with the installation of MQSeries Server.

Does anyone know whereelse can I find answers about this problem?

Thanx in advance.
Luisa.

Last edited by lwnorowski; 07-17-2002 at 05:00 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SQL scripts through Shell Script

Oracle and Scripting gurus, I need some help with this script... I am trying to add the query SELECT * FROM ALL_SYNONYMS WHERE SYNONYM_NAME = 'METADATA' in the current script.... Read the result set and look for the TABLE_NAME field. If the field is pointing to one table eg.... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
18 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SQL LDR and SQL plus scripts in a shell script

Hi- I am trying to achieve the following in a script so I can schedule it on a cron job. I am fairly new to the unix environment... I have written a shell script that reads a flat file and loads the data into an Oracle table (Table1) via SQLLDR. This Works fine. Then, I run a nested insert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajagavini
5 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

external USB detection problems

I have seagate USB 2.0 HDD which was working good on my windows system Recently I have started using red hat Linux 2.6.9-55.0.12.EL (i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux) The USB is not at all detected in Linux even if I reboot with it attached to the PC. The same can be detected on any Windows system.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahendrakamath
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

any possible solution on sql calling scripts

hi all, i have a function which will take i/p as a ddl sctipt as i/p and execute it, let function execute_sql { db_var="$1" v_cnt=`sqlplus -s XXXXX/XXXXX@aXXX << ENDSQL | sed -e "s/Connected\.//" -e "/^$/d" set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off serveroutput on size... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

calling external values inside awk command

I have a code as follows awk ' BEGIN{FS=OFS=","} { n=split($3,a1,"~") split($4,a2,"~") split($5,a3,"~") for(i=1;i<=n;i++) { print $1,$2,a1,a2,a3,date } }' file In the above code I need to add current date(date). How is this possible to call an date or a exported value... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkbharani
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling .sql in .sh file

Hi All , I have created .sql script in unix.this script contains 4 sql queries. Now I want to craete .sh file based on .sql script. So please let me know the steps to craete .sh file Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user71408
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Calling unix script from sql or plsql

Hi Can anyone please let me know how to call unix scripts from sql or plsql ASAP. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksailesh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling external function in a shell

hi guys, how r u??? please I need you, help me please. I have a shell, in this shell i have this function and another code lines, this function is getting date one day back. the function is in the same shell (FILE 1) Now I need put this function in another file (FILE 2) and calling... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acevallo
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

problems calling out variables in a loop

good afternoon forums. i have a problem that ive been trying to work out all morning and cant seem to get my head around it. what i have in my script is individual letters saved in different variables. so if the word unix was saved then 'u' would be stored in the variable 'wvar1' 'n' in 'wvar2'... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: strasner
7 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Sendmail external email delays and mailertables problems on Solaris

Setup is a Solaris 11 zone running sendmail as a relay to our actual mailservers. All emails to external domains seem to be being tried to be sent directly from this Solaris 11 zone which cannot send mail externally. All emails sent to our pager addresses as defined in the /etc/mail/aliases... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
0 Replies
lint(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  lint(1B)

NAME
lint - C program verifier SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/lint [options] DESCRIPTION
/usr/ucb/lint is the interface to the BSD Compatibility Package C program verifier. It is a script that looks for the link /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint to the C program verifier. /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint is available only with the SPROcc package, whose default location is /opt/SUNWspro. /usr/ucb/lint is identical to /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint, except that BSD headers are used and BSD libraries are linked before base libraries. The /opt/SUNWspro/man/man1/lint.1 man page is available only with the SPROcc package. OPTIONS
/usr/ucb/lint accepts the same options as /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint, with the following exceptions: -Idir Search dir for included files whose names do not begin with a slash (/) prior to searching the usual directories. The directories for multiple -I options are searched in the order specified. The preprocessor first searches for #include files in the directory containing sourcefile, and then in directories named with -I options (if any), then /usr/ucbinclude, and finally, in /usr/include. -Ldir Add dir to the list of directories searched for libraries by /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint. This option is passed to /usr/ccs/bin/ld. Directories specified with this option are searched before /usr/ucblib and /usr/lib. -Y P, dir Change the default directory used for finding libraries. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/usr/lint/bin/ld link editor /usr/lib/libc C library /usr/ucbinclude BSD Compatibility directory for header files /usr/ucblib BSD Compatibility directory for libraries /usr/ucblib/libucb BSD Compatibility C library /usr/lib/libsocket library containing socket routines /usr/lib/libnsl library containing network functions /usr/lib/libelf library containing routines to process ELF object files /usr/lib/libaio library containing asynchronous I/O routines ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ld(1), a.out(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 Feb 1995 lint(1B)