Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mac OS X Question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mac OS X Question Post 24711 by MacIain on Tuesday 16th of July 2002 11:24:32 PM
Old 07-17-2002
Mac OS X Question

I've looked at all the forums here, and could not find my answer!

I don't use a Mac, But have Played with OS X. It is Unix based I know that, but can you Install all the free programs like you can on *BSD and Lunix?

MacIain

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mac OSX question

Hi. Is it possible to execute a Cocoa (or Carbon or eaven a classic) program for mac OSX in the terminal window? OSX finder can sometimes be so busy that it wont respond for several minutes, ie if you are uploading a very big file/files to a afp server. Then it would have been nice to start... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicke30
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mac OS X/UNIX/Terminal Question

Hey everyone I'm new to UNIX due to the new Mac OS X operating system and would like some help. I'm trying to send an email via the UNIX-Shell-Terminal i Mac OS X, (it's called darwin) How do I do that? When I enter the Command mail I can send messages to root and with the command -forward... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: onkel
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mac os question

i would like to ask those who know of the subject to please answer this question. could it be possible to somehow run mac os x in a newly built computer of mine. the computer i made myself (a clone) and it runs linux just nicely. would there be some way to emulate mac os x to be compatible for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChildrenoftheOS
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Unix/Mac OS question

Hope someone can help give me a clue what is going on here, I work in a Macintosh computer lab in a college institution and currently we run Mac G4's with what is becoming dated software but everything has been fine until recently, when a new student purchased a new Mac G5 system in order to do her... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kd4rmm
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Cisco Mac Question

When I do a snmpwalk of my router the mac address are not what I expected. Then return looking like this How would you convert them to 001c.c92a.b677 when a shell script? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

Mac OS X IP traffic shaping question

Not sure if this considered traffic shaping or not, so I'll appreciate the enlightenment... Setup- Mac Pro, Mac OS X 10.5.6, Crashplan Pro Backup server. the Mac Pro has 2 E-net ports, en0, en1. Both E-net ports are connected to the same network, different IP's. Problem- We are planning to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pbenware
1 Replies
Module::Install::Base(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Module::Install::Base(3pm)

NAME
Module::Install::Base - Base class for Module::Install extensions SYNOPSIS
In a Module::Install extension: use Module::Install::Base (); @ISA = qw(Module::Install::Base); DESCRIPTION
This module provide essential methods for all Module::Install extensions, in particular the common constructor "new" and method dispatcher "AUTOLOAD". METHODS
new(%args) Constructor -- need to preserve at least _top AUTOLOAD The main dispatcher - copy extensions if missing _top() Returns the top-level Module::Install object. admin() Returns the "_top" object's associated Module::Install::Admin object on the first run (i.e. when there was no inc/ when the program started); on subsequent (user-side) runs, returns a fake admin object with an empty "AUTOLOAD" method that does nothing at all. is_admin() Tells whether this is the first run of the installer (on author's side). That is when there was no inc/ at program start. True if that's the case. False, otherwise. SEE ALSO
Module::Install AUTHORS
Audrey Tang <autrijus@autrijus.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003, 2004 by Audrey Tang <autrijus@autrijus.org>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.14.2 2012-03-01 Module::Install::Base(3pm)