Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: man
Top Forums Programming man Post 24646 by RTM on Tuesday 16th of July 2002 08:50:54 AM
Old 07-16-2002
Try this link - Creating man pages

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

When reading man pages, I notice that sometimes commands are follwed by a number enclosed in parenthesis. such as: mkdir calls the mkdir(2) system call. What exactly does this mean? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man aliases

Can any one show me how to create an alias account that silently copies local emails to the administrator (root) using a linux cmd line or GUI? The answer needs to be very simplly explained at this stage, as I am new to the command prompt...expecialy in linux. thanks heaps guys Pipa:) I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pipa
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help how to use man

hello every one im a new to unix i use solaris 9 experimental i would like to use real unix system but there are to many versions and i need someone to recommend a good one for me i also need help on how to use "man" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abu_malek
3 Replies

4. Solaris

man and ldm man

According to Sun documentation (Ldoms 1.1 Administration Guide), To access the ldm(1M) man page, add the directory path /opt/SUNWldm/man to the variable $MANPATH. When I add the lines: MANPATH=$MANPATH:/opt/SUNWldm/man export MANPATH to .profile, exit root and re-login, I would have "man ldm"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Man command

How to get only the options and arguments of a command excluding the descriptive help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mayur_verma
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what man*x directories should contain ?

man pages are located beneath /usr/share/man. e.g., manual pages for "section 1" are located in /usr/share/man/man1/. And /usr/share/man/man*p should contain manual pages for POSIX programmers. I need to know what /usr/share/man/man*x directories should contain ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new0h
1 Replies
Image::ExifTool::WritePostScript(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Image::ExifTool::WritePostScript(3)

NAME
Image::ExifTool::WritePostScript.pl - Write PostScript meta information SYNOPSIS
This file is autoloaded by Image::ExifTool::PostScript. DESCRIPTION
This file contains routines to write meta information in PostScript documents. Six forms of meta information may be written: 1) PostScript comments (Adobe DSC specification) 2) XMP information embedded in a document-level XMP stream 3) EXIF information embedded in a Photoshop record 4) IPTC information embedded in a PhotoShop record 5) ICC_Profile information embedded in an ICCProfile record 6) TIFF information embedded in DOS-style binary header NOTES
Currently, information is written only in the outter-level document. Photoshop will discard meta information in a PostScript document if it has to rasterize the image, and it will rasterize anything that doesn't contain the Photoshop-specific 'ImageData' tag. So don't expect Photoshop to read any meta information added to EPS images that it didn't create. The following two acronyms may be confusing since they are so similar and have different meanings with respect to PostScript documents: DSC = Document Structuring Conventions DCS = Desktop Color Separation REFERENCES
See references in PostScript.pm, plus: <http://www.adobe.com/products/postscript/pdfs/PLRM.pdf> http://www-cdf.fnal.gov/offline/PostScript/PLRM2.pdf <http://www-cdf.fnal.gov/offline/PostScript/PLRM2.pdf> <http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/acrobat/sdk/pdf/pdf_creation_apis_and_specs/pdfmarkReference.pdf> ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Thanks to Tim Kordick for his help testing the EPS writer. AUTHOR
Copyright 2003-2010, Phil Harvey (phil at owl.phy.queensu.ca) This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Image::ExifTool::PostScript(3pm), Image::ExifTool(3pm) perl v5.12.1 2010-02-17 Image::ExifTool::WritePostScript(3)