Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Sendmail keep a user from send message Post 24265 by Perderabo on Tuesday 9th of July 2002 08:51:17 AM
Old 07-09-2002
Here is something that might work, but I'm not gonna try it. So no money-back guarantees on this one...

Create a group called "nomail" or something and put titi in it.

Then do:
chgrp nomail /usr/lib/sendmail
chmod 4705 /usr/lib/sendmail

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail message body buffer limit?

when sending the contents of a ascii file to the body of an email then sending it off. it seems sendmail is breaking up the lines with a "!" thus ruining the data. Has this ever happened to anyone? i am guessing there is a line buffer limit in either the mail command or in sendmail itself. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail send wrong Name?!

Ok thats the Problem: I'm logged in as user "cypher" on my FreeBSD 4.7 and sendmail worked fine but wenn i try to send an EMail as "tobi@provider.org" the mail arrive as "cypher@provider.org". I configured Sendmail with genericstable "cypher tobi@provider.org" virtusertable ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cyvver
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Send warning message to user

Hai..I have one question in unix Shell script.Following is the script System Configuration: lcpu=4 mem=8192MB kthr memory page faults cpu ----- ----------- ------------------------ ------------ ----------- r b avm fre re pi po fr sr cy ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sollin
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sendmail and message alert

gurus, i need to know 2 things, first: how can i send mail over the internet in case of system failures/crash? second: how can i receive SMS alert on my phone in case of failures? do i need to start any service on my box? thanks & regards abhijeet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

begin 644 in received message sent with sendmail

I send an attachment 123.pdf using the below script:- << script content >> #!/usr/bin/ksh /usr/lib/sendmail -C sendmail.cf abc@gmail.com << END Subject: HELLO `uuencode 123.pdf 123.pdf` END However, the message I got in gmail look like:- begin 644 123.pdf ... garbage ... ... many... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pok.fung
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Sendmail refuses to send via relay

Hi I have two realtively identical Solaris zones. They both appear to have the same config in relation to sendmail. But, when I send a test email using mailx the first one sends via a mail relay and the other sends via localhost. I need them both to use the relay but can't figure out what is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregb
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail error message

Hi i am having a probleme with my sendmail server. using it as a mta to send out email. keem on getting this error message back. ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <XXX@XXXX.co.za> (reason: 554 Denied (Mode: normal)) ----- Transcript of session... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakie
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail to send attachements

Hello All, I have been trying to execute a script to send me alerts using a log file of a job which can be success or failed. But when I try to send log as attachment using sendmail it does not not send any email but job runs fine. I am not able to debug it. Please help to get the correct code.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send attachment through sendmail

Hi, I am trying to send log file of a job run in unix machince through sendmail.Though I am able to send the text but it is not sending as attachment. Could you please look into the code and let me know where I have gone wrong fdate=`date %Y%j`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
2 Replies
mailq(1)						      General Commands Manual							  mailq(1)

NAME
mailq - Displays the contents of the mail queue SYNOPSIS
mailq [-v] DESCRIPTION
The mailq command displays a list of messages in the mail queue. The mailq command is the same as the sendmail command with the -bp option; see sendmail for more information. EXAMPLES
The mailq command lists the mail queue as shown in the following example: Mail Queue (1 request) --QID--- -Size- ---Q- Time------- --Sender/Recipient--- AA002508 3 Thu Dec 17 10:01 root The mailq -v command lists the mail queue as shown in the following example: Mail Queue (1 request) --QID--- -Size- -Priority- ---Q-Time---- -Sender/Recipient- AA002508 3 1005 Dec 17 10:01 root (Output might be formatted differently on your system.) The fields have the following meaning: Contains the message queue ID of the message. Contains the number of bytes in the body of the message (header information not included). Contains the priority of the message. Contains the date that the message entered the queue. Contains the user ID of the sender (first), and then the user ID of the receiver of the message. In this example, a message also indicates the status of the message. FILES
Contains the log file and temporary files associated with the messages in the mail queue. SEE ALSO
Commands: sendmail(8) mailq(1)