Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: image and video editing
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers image and video editing Post 24179 by ChildrenoftheOS on Monday 8th of July 2002 01:23:19 AM
Old 07-08-2002
image and video editing

what are the best video and image editing software available for mac and linux. id apreciate a good response.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create an Ignite image on tape from Online IgniteUX image

Hi, (HP-UX 11.11) I need to create a tape image of an igniteUX image created on our igniteUX server. That is to say. I have a "Online" image of the igniteUX of the targeted system but I now need to copy it to a useable TAPE (igniteUX) image so i can build an other server from it that is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Video Cards :: Video Memory Intercept and Redirect

I need a broad spectrum understanding on this subject, and any help would be greatly appreciated. First of all, as I understand it... The way the video hardware works is the CPU sends information about input and possible changes to the display, the video card receives these changes, makes the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciNG
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Video capture and editing on Solaris vs Debian vs Ubuntu

I am interested in doing some heavy video work. I have a ADVC 110 Video capture device, which I am using to capture VHS video tapes, which I will convert on the server to DVD format and burn to DVD's using DVD production software. I will also take the captured video file and split it up in parts... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Marcus Aurelius
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Reliable Video Editing & DVD Burning

I have just about given up trying to find a reliable package. Imagination - Pitvi - Openshot - DVD Styler are just some of those tried, but even if success has been achieved in exporting a viable result - Brasero will not burn it this includes VOB files. It seems that there is no alternative to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Royalist
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching image files to create one image

Hi, I have two sets of image files. Both sets have names A to Z but set 1 ends with .cdt.png and set 2 ends with .matrix.png. I want set 1 to match with set 2 if the names match (i.e. A.cdt.png will match with A.matrix.png) and with the convert image tool (program for images), it will merge the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
6 Replies
xscreensaver-getimage-video(1)					XScreenSaver manual				    xscreensaver-getimage-video(1)

NAME
xscreensaver-getimage-video - put a video frame on the root window SYNOPSIS
xscreensaver-getimage-video [-display host:display.screen] [--verbose] [--stdout] DESCRIPTION
The xscreensaver-getimage-video program is a helper program for the xscreensaver hacks that manipulate images. Specifically, it is invoked by xscreensaver-getimage(1) as needed. This is not a user-level command. This program grabs a random frame of video from the system's video input, and then loads it on the root window. It does this by figuring out which frame-grabbing programs are installed on the system, and invoking the first one it finds. Then it runs xscreensaver-getim- age-file(1) to load that image onto the root window. OPTIONS
xscreensaver-getimage-video accepts the following options: --verbose Print diagnostics. --stdout Instead of loading the image onto the root window, write it to stdout as a PBM file. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1), xscreensaver-demo(1), xscreensaver-getimage(1), xscreensaver-getimage-file(1), bttvgrab(1), qcam(1), streamer(1), atitv(1), vidtomem(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 by Jamie Zawinski. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty. AUTHOR
Jamie Zawinski <jwz@jwz.org>, 14-Apr-01 X Version 11 5.15 (28-Sep-2011) xscreensaver-getimage-video(1)