Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting syntax error on line 1, teletype Post 24163 by KokoPops on Sunday 7th of July 2002 06:10:25 PM
Old 07-07-2002
Question syntax error on line 1, teletype

Hi There,

I have a cron script that returns the error:

syntax error on line 1, teletype

Has any one seen this, know what it is, or know's how to get rid of it?

Thanks,

Jeremy.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

sh: syntax error at line 1: `>' unexpected

I compiled C program under SUN OS sparcv9 ...I had a problem related to SIGBUS which has been resolved by adding an option to the CC compiler which is memory alignement option ..-memalign=1i as I remmber ...after running the program I got the below error please let me KNow more details what should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I got error like...syntax error on line 1, teletype

Hi All, when i executing scripts i got error like: syntax error on line 1, teletype expr: syntax error expr: syntax error expr: syntax error Please advise to me. Note: Yesterday it's working fine, 2day only i got error. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error at line 28: `(' unexpected

hi can anyone pls look into this....shell script... Pls find the error below: > sh -n tmp tmp: syntax error at line 28: `(' unexpected isql -Usa -S$1 -P`grep $1 dbpassword|cut -d ":" -f3` -w2000 -b<<! set nocount on declare @i int declare @dbname char(6) declare @tmp int if... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajashekar.y
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

syntax error at line 8: `(' unexpected

Hi I am having a shell script load_data.sh which calls /home/users/project/.profile. When am executing the script, am getting below error: $sh -x bin/load_data.sh null + . /home/users/project/.profile bin/load_data.sh: syntax error at line 8: `(' unexpected The line which is throwing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brijesh.dixit
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error at line 11 : `for' is not matched.

hi , while running this script i am getting below error: Syntax error at line 11 : `for' is not matched. here is program: #! /bin/ksh sqlplus -s << !+! user/password update GR_SUB_SCRIPT_PC set act_del_ind='0'; commit; exit; !+! cd /home/salunke/pvcsfiles/source_files for i in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: digambar
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ERROR: ./launch_full_backup.sh[18]: Syntax error at line 28 : `else' is not expected.

Help please! :confused: I have the following error with the following file and the emails are not arriving to the email, any idea please? ERROR: ./launch_full_backup.sh: Syntax error at line 28 : `else' is not expected. FECHA=`date +%d%m%y%H%M`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: villenan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sh: syntax error at line 8 : `<<' is not matched.

Hi, I am trying to execute the above attached script. and i am getting the error as syntax error at line 8: `<<' is not matched. While i am trying to run that particular line (cat <<EOF > /tmp/query.sql) independently in the prompt it is running successfully without any error. I am running... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaatcgi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Receiving error: ./ang.ksh[35]: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 116 : `done' is not expected.

Hi All I am quite new to Unix. Following is a shell script that i have written and getting the subject mentioned error. #!/bin/ksh #------------------------------------------------------------------------- # File: ang_stdnld.ksh # # Desc: UNIX shell script to extract Store information.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitsinha
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with syntax error on line 1, teletype

Hi All, I am getting below error message while executing memory utilization script. $ ./mem1.sh syntax error on line 1, teletype syntax error on line 1, teletype $ $ uname -a SunOS 5.9 XXX Generic_122300-60 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 $ But i can execute same script in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: susindram
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expr: non-numeric argument syntax error on line 1, teletype

Hi, I tried to look up the issue i'm experiencing, but i'm confused what's wrong with my script. After executing the script I'm getting the following error expr: non-numeric argument syntax error on line 1, teletype After some research, it seems that the problem relates to bc. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nms
1 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)