Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users copy data from Windows to Unix any help? Post 24127 by norsk hedensk on Friday 5th of July 2002 12:57:52 PM
Old 07-05-2002
the unix server could only ftp to the win computer if the win computer is running an ftp server, what would be more practical to do is to ftp to the unix server from the win computer and use the get command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy and paste from MS Windows to Unix

Where I work we run unix through Microsoft windows, so my unix Windows appear on my MS Windows desktop. I surf the net with Microsoft Internet Explorer, is there anyway I can copy and paste examples from the net into my Unix windows? Thank you (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loaded Gun
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy from Windows to Unix

How do i copy a jar file from Windows to Unix?I am using eTrust single sign on tool to connect to the unix server. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghanshyam
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can i copy data in LINUX Machine to windows XP

Can anyone tell me how can i copy data in LINUX Machine to windows XP Thanks, Sandeep (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copy Paste across UNIX and Windows ?

how to select all the text from a file in Unix and then paste it in Notepad in windows? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy file from Windows to Unix

I have a file in windows that I need to copy to UNIX. How can I FTP binary to the UNIX server. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abou202
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy unix filesystem to windows

Hi all Is there a way to copy a unix filesystem (folders, subfolder and files) to windows (AD) and at the same time maintaine the unix permission (user/group) when copied to windows (AD) filesystem? I want the same permission in windows as I had in unix in one copy job. Is this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjen
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy from vi Editor ( unix ) to windows

How to copy the complete content from a file in vi Editor to windows ( notepad ). I can use " select " and paste it to windows but this is restricted to current page. Not allowing me to scroll down or up when selecting the content.:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frintocf
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy paste to windows from unix

I generally highlight the content in unix terminal and use ctrl+v to paste in windows and it was working. Recently I noticed that if I copy in unix and paste in windows, it works once and then it does not work the second time. Then if I do a ctrl+c in a windows app to select a text and then go back... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: carv_13
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to Copy files from one Windows server to another Windows server.

Can anybody please help me on how to code for the below requirement: I need to write a shell script (on different unix server) to copy files from multiple folders (ex. BRN-000001) from one windows server (\\boldls-mwe-dev4)to a different windows server(\\rrwin-ewhd04.ecomad.int). This shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command to copy files from Windows to UNIX box

Hi Folks, I have a file name abc.xml in my windows machine at the location c:\ytr\abc.xml which I want to place at the unix box machine inside cde directory.. at the following location that is /opt/app/cde/ now the credentials of unix box are abc345 -->(dummyid) ftyiu88--->(dummy passwd) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
4 Replies
MOUNT_FTP(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      MOUNT_FTP(8)

NAME
mount_ftp -- mount a FTP filesystem SYNOPSIS
mount_ftp [-i] [-o options] ftp://host[:port][/path] node DESCRIPTION
The mount_ftp command mounts a FTP-enabled server directory at ftp://host[:port][/path] at the mount point indicated by node. If the -i option is not used, all the required information to establish a login to the remote server must be available in the ftp URL, including username & password if needed. The user ID for all files and folders is set to the user's real user ID. The group ID for all files and directories is set to unknown, and the permissions default to read and execute for user, group and other. The options are: -i Interactive mode, you are prompted for the username and password if you did not supply one in the url. -o Options passed to mount(2) are specified with the -o option followed by a comma separated string of options. See the mount(8) man page for possible options and their meanings. The rdonly option will be set even if it was not specified because mount_ftp does not allow files to be opened with write access on servers. ftp://host[:port][/path] The FTP-enabled server directory to mount as a volume. If port is not specified, then port 21 is used. If path is not specified, then the path "/" is used. node Path to mount point. EXAMPLES
The following example illustrates how to mount the FTP-enabled server directory ftp.apple.com/ at the mount point /Volumes/mntpnt/ mount_ftp ftp://ftp.apple.com/ /Volumes/mntpnt/ SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), mount(8) HISTORY
The mount_ftp command first appeared Mac OS X Version 10.2. RETURN VALUES
0 mount_ftp successfully mounted the server directory. [ENOENT] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because the node path is invalid. [ENODEV] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because it is not FTP-enabled or because it does not exist, or because node does not have proper access. [ECANCELED] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because the user did not provide proper authentication credentials. BUGS
mount_ftp only supports mounting read-only. Mac OS X June 6, 2003 Mac OS X