Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Writing a script to mount and umount a drive in Linux Post 2402 by wizkid on Thursday 10th of May 2001 06:40:19 PM
Old 05-10-2001
Thanks, I want it to be totally automated so I don't want to even have to type my password. Smilie

I will check out the leads you gave me. Thanks again.

Eric

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a hotswap scsi drive on a solaris 2.6 netra box using the mount command?

Hi... question is this: How do I mount an LVD hotswap scsi drive in bay #2 on a netra using the mount command? volmgt doesn't seem to mount it and/or I don't know how to view the drives data if it's formatted which it may not be. This drive is not new out of the box so I'm not sure. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soulshaker
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris 8 admin I text ambiguities on mount and umount

i'm prepping for my midterm, which i will bomb. i am scurrying to finish reading the final chapter before i get down into the review. however, i came across something in chapter 8 - "mounting file systems" that has me really confused. the text says the following: then it goes on to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

writing to a cdr drive.

ive looked around for software to do this in linux, but am still not sure how to. i want to be able to mount a cdr and write to it and be able to take the disk out and finish writing whatever i want to it at a later time. can we do this in linux? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
4 Replies

4. Linux

How to mount/umount disk from a non-root account

Is it possible to mount a disk from a non-root account? I'm developing a Java application which executes commands in the shell using the java.lang.Runtime.exec api, which runs fine for commands ls, df, etc., but for commands mount and umount, i have problems as I need to be root to eecute these.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: brendan76
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux: Writing a tricky script to check connectivity

So, first and foremost, I'm having issues with my internet connection. Periodically, the connection drops across the network. The fix is simple enough: restart the modem. However, this gets old when the connection dies out every hour. I can hit my surfboard on 192.168.100.1, and navigate to a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungfujoe
5 Replies

6. Solaris

mount & umount in sigle-user mode

In Solaris 8, when I boot to single user mode, mount a device and then reboot or init 0, the system unmount it automatically. However, in Solaris 10 it does not seem to do the same. Here is what I did: {0} ok boot -s # format Searching for disks...done AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
11 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Remove need for sudo for mount/umount

Hello, I'm trying to remove the need to use sudo to mount (in particular, binding). Modifying /etc/sudoers using visudo, I have tried: %admin ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/mount %admin ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/umountand %admin ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/mount %admin ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple way to umount NFS mount in linux

Hello... I've mounted a share using standard nomenclature for the NFS mount command with the following command line: mount -t nfs -o rw {IP address1}:/ /mnt_for_70 / {IP address2}(rw) mnt_for_70 is a mount point I created on {IP address2} I'm confuse and want to be sure I use the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blaine.miller
1 Replies

9. Fedora

What is the right way to mount and umount a usb driver?

I have some questions: 1, I successfully mounted my usb drive with "sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt", but I can't wirte, It says "read-only file system". But I can write it in windows. 2, After I umounted the usb drive the led of it still on, but not blinking. Is it safe to unplug it? How to let it's... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
17 Replies

10. HP-UX

Test cases for file system mount/umount performance in HP

Hi Folks, Could anyone please assist me with the what could be the scenarios to test the file system mount/umount performance check in HPUX. Thanks in advance, Vaishey (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaishey
5 Replies
NWAUTH(1)							      nwauth								 NWAUTH(1)

NAME
nwauth - Verify username/password SYNOPSIS
nwauth [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -D ] DESCRIPTION
nwauth does nothing but logging into a NetWare server. If the login was successful, an error code of 0 is returned. If the login was not successful, an error code of 1 is returned. It was designed for use by other programs who want authenticate users via a NetWare server. If there is no -P or -n option specified on command line, nwauth always expects a password on stdin. If the stdin is a tty, then the user is prompted for a password. Otherwise nwauth simply reads stdin for a password. nwauth looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server and a user name if they are not specified on command line. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -D nwauth says that your password is correct if you have existing connection to server with name user name. This is handy for some shell scripts, but it is unacceptable for authorization modules, such as PAM, PHP or Apache. It was pointed to me that this behavior was not well known, and there exist at least one PAM module which does not know that (this module is not part of ncpfs; you should use PAM mod- ule which comes with ncpfs instead anyway). SEE ALSO
nwclient(5) CREDITS
nwauth was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) nwauth 10/27/1996 NWAUTH(1)