Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: csh - pwd
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers csh - pwd Post 23974 by RTM on Wednesday 3rd of July 2002 10:15:30 AM
Old 07-03-2002
Put the following (or something like it) in your .cshrc
alias cd 'cd \!*;set prompt="[`hostname`]$cwd :" '

As far as color, do a search on this site for prompt AND color. This has been answered before and you should be able to get one of them to work.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on PWD

Hi, We all know that pwd (or echo $PWD) gives us the present working dir as output.... but my doubt is that I'ld like to know how to get the present working folder - I mean - name of the current folder alone.. using pwd command I get the full folder name (right from root path)... I need to know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanprabu
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pwd

Home directory mounted on one local system as /home/username, same directory mounted on a remote system as /home/engr/username. How to use command to use remote host pwd. For example rsh <remote host> ls -l ~pwd (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bugsandbunny
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh failing to call an 2 embedded csh script

I have an extraordinary problem with a csh script.....(feel free to berate the use of this but I'm modifying an existing bunch of them) Anyway, I have a master csh script which in turn calls a second csh script. This second csh script is below. Within this second script are two compiled C++... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pollsizer
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

echo ${PWD#${PWD%/*/*}/}

Can anyone explain this in detail ... echo ${PWD#${PWD%/*/*}/} Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakthi.abdullah
1 Replies

5. AIX

sync samba pwd with aix5.3 pwd

currently, my samba login works just fine. i want my clients to use aix5.3 account to login to samba so they don't have to change samba pwd and aix pwd. i googled, and vi /usr/lib/smb.conf per some of knowledge base, but i could not get to work. aix5.3 and samba 3.0.24.0 thanks in advace..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pwd help

Dear users, One more question, In unix when i use pwd the following I get: pwd /Users/username/src/directory name Is there a way to get the out put like this in which the if there is a space in the directory eg directory name it should show as directory\ name:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevincobain2000
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pwd in a variable

is there anyway i could store the output of pwd that is the path in a variable...? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

$PWD vs `pwd`

Hi, can anyone expalin the real importance of PWD as a variable. However pwd command and $PWD is going to give the same result, then why do we have 2 different things. Please give some example which illustrates the difference between both. Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with 'pwd' command

Dear all, I am trying to use 'pwd' command in following way. current_directory == /dirA/dirB/test/dirC if ; then do this fi I am not sure how to pass this in command way. Please help! thanking you, emily (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

$pwd

Hi all,when I cd to an environment variable "cd $MYDIR, if I type pwd, I don't the path to the environment variable dir I cd to. Appreciate the help, regards..Abbya (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abbya
5 Replies
Convert::Color::CMYK(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Convert::Color::CMYK(3pm)

NAME
"Convert::Color::CMYK" - a color value represented as cyan/magenta/yellow/key SYNOPSIS
Directly: use Convert::Color::CMYK; my $red = Convert::Color::CMYK->new( 0, 1, 1, 0 ); # Can also parse strings my $pink = Convert::Color::CMYK->new( '0,0.3,0.3,0' ); Via Convert::Color: use Convert::Color; my $cyan = Convert::Color->new( 'cmyk:1,0,0,0' ); DESCRIPTION
Objects in this class represent a color in CMYK space, as a set of four floating-point values in the range 0 to 1. CONSTRUCTOR
$color = Convert::Color::CMYK->new( $cyan, $magenta, $yellow, $key ) Returns a new object to represent the set of values given. These values should be floating-point numbers between 0 and 1. Values outside of this range will be clamped. $color = Convert::Color::CMYK->new( $string ) Parses $string for values, and construct a new object similar to the above three-argument form. The string should be in the form cyan,magenta,yellow,key containing the three floating-point values in decimal notation. METHODS
$c = $color->cyan $m = $color->magenta $y = $color->yellow $k = $color->key Accessors for the four components of the color. $k = $color->black An alias to "key" ( $cyan, $magenta, $yellow, $key ) = $color->cmyk Returns the individual cyan, magenta, yellow and key components of the color value. SEE ALSO
o Convert::Color - color space conversions o Convert::Color::CMY - a color value represented as cyan/magenta/yellow AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.12.3 2011-06-15 Convert::Color::CMYK(3pm)