Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Executing command line options Post 23970 by sharuvman on Wednesday 3rd of July 2002 07:50:57 AM
Old 07-03-2002
try this one

Can you try this one ??
#include "stdio.h"
#include "stdlib.h"
#include "string.h"

void main(int argc, char **argv)
{
char str[30];
if (argv[2][0] == '-')
{
strcpy(str,argv[1]);
strcat(str," ");
strcat(str,argv[2]);
system (str);
}

}//end of main

or

void main(int argc, char **argv)
{
system(argv[1]);
}

for second case, you need to give input as say "ls -l" within double quotes.
You can have any combination for this.
Like let us assume "a.out" is the binary then

./a.out "who | wc -l" also works for the second option.,....

bye,
sharath

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Associated array from command line options

I am looking to populate an (associated) array with a command line argument. The command line would look something like this: alert -action test -priority '10' -module test_module . . . The associated array would look like this after the data is read in flag=(action=test priority=10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jperret
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to? launch command with string of command line options

my description from another thread... here's my code: #!/bin/bash IFS=$'\n' function OutputName() { input=$1 echo $input input=`echo "$input" | sed -e 's/.//'` input=`echo "$input".avi` output_name=$input } if ]; then echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinCanFury
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using perl to get options from command line

Hi all, I want to get options from command line by perl. usage() options: -h Show this help message and exit -t Name of tester --timeout Set the timeout -l ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Damon_Qu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run perl script, with command-line options

Hello everyone, I have a perl script which takes various command line options from user like : test.pl -i <input_file> -o <output_file> -d <value> -c <value> Now I have multiple input files in a directory: <input_file_1> <input_file_2> <input_file_3> <input_file_4> ..... .... ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with spaces in Java command line options

Hi, I am writing a shell script to build Java options dynamically in a variable array and pass them to java.exe. If an option value contains a space, I cannot find a way to get it interpreted correctly. Here is my example: #!/bin/bash JAVA_HOME=/opt/jvm/jre1.5.0_18 JAVA_OPTS=("-Xms256m... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Romain
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script file command line options

Being new to awk I have a really basic question. It just has to be in the archives but it didn't bite me when I went looking for it. I've written an awk script, placed it in a file, added the "#!/usr/bin/awk -f" at the top of the script and away I go. "% myAwk <inputfile>" gives me exactly what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomr2k
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running set options from the command line and bash command

I'm reading about debugging aids in bash and have come across the set command. It says in my little book that an addition to typing set you can also use them "on the command line when running a script..." and it lists this in a small table: set -o option Command Line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading command line options from bash script

I have the following code and I am calling it using ./raytrac.bash -u and getting problems. For some reason opt_usage is still 0. opt_usage=0 iarg=0 narg=$# while (($iarg < $narg)) do (( iarg = $iarg + 1 )) arg=$argv usrInputFlag=`echo $arg | awk '/=/ {print 1}; ! /=/... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
22 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help executing command with options

Hi, I have this command in a shell script and I can get it to echo ok, but when I try to execute the command I get a "file not found" error. Which is strange because, if I copy and paste the same command at the cli it works ok. What am I doing wrong please? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing Multiple Arguments in Command Line Options

Hi All, I am new to scripting. Could you please assist me . Here is my requirement. I have written a script that has 2 option flags defined. -l) calls some function with the arguments passed in front of -l -r) calls second function with the arguments passed in front of -r *) calls the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jay Deshpande
7 Replies
STRTOK(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 STRTOK(3)

NAME
strtok, strtok_r - extract tokens from strings SYNOPSIS
#include <string.h> char *strtok(char *str, const char *delim); char *strtok_r(char *str, const char *delim, char **saveptr); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): strtok_r(): _SVID_SOURCE || _BSD_SOURCE || _POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 1 || _XOPEN_SOURCE || _POSIX_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
The strtok() function parses a string into a sequence of tokens. On the first call to strtok() the string to be parsed should be specified in str. In each subsequent call that should parse the same string, str should be NULL. The delim argument specifies a set of characters that delimit the tokens in the parsed string. The caller may specify different strings in delim in successive calls that parse the same string. Each call to strtok() returns a pointer to a null-terminated string containing the next token. This string does not include the delimiting character. If no more tokens are found, strtok() returns NULL. A sequence of two or more contiguous delimiter characters in the parsed string is considered to be a single delimiter. Delimiter charac- ters at the start or end of the string are ignored. Put another way: the tokens returned by strtok() are always nonempty strings. The strtok_r() function is a reentrant version strtok(). The saveptr argument is a pointer to a char * variable that is used internally by strtok_r() in order to maintain context between successive calls that parse the same string. On the first call to strtok_r(), str should point to the string to be parsed, and the value of saveptr is ignored. In subsequent calls, str should be NULL, and saveptr should be unchanged since the previous call. Different strings may be parsed concurrently using sequences of calls to strtok_r() that specify different saveptr arguments. RETURN VALUE
The strtok() and strtok_r() functions return a pointer to the next token, or NULL if there are no more tokens. CONFORMING TO
strtok() SVr4, POSIX.1-2001, 4.3BSD, C89, C99. strtok_r() POSIX.1-2001. BUGS
Be cautious when using these functions. If you do use them, note that: * These functions modify their first argument. * These functions cannot be used on constant strings. * The identity of the delimiting character is lost. * The strtok() function uses a static buffer while parsing, so it's not thread safe. Use strtok_r() if this matters to you. EXAMPLE
The program below uses nested loops that employ strtok_r() to break a string into a two-level hierarchy of tokens. The first command-line argument specifies the string to be parsed. The second argument specifies the delimiter character(s) to be used to separate that string into "major" tokens. The third argument specifies the delimiter character(s) to be used to separate the "major" tokens into subtokens. An example of the output produced by this program is the following: $ ./a.out 'a/bbb///cc;xxx:yyy:' ':;' '/' 1: a/bbb///cc --> a --> bbb --> cc 2: xxx --> xxx 3: yyy --> yyy Program source #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { char *str1, *str2, *token, *subtoken; char *saveptr1, *saveptr2; int j; if (argc != 4) { fprintf(stderr, "Usage: %s string delim subdelim ", argv[0]); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } for (j = 1, str1 = argv[1]; ; j++, str1 = NULL) { token = strtok_r(str1, argv[2], &saveptr1); if (token == NULL) break; printf("%d: %s ", j, token); for (str2 = token; ; str2 = NULL) { subtoken = strtok_r(str2, argv[3], &saveptr2); if (subtoken == NULL) break; printf(" --> %s ", subtoken); } } exit(EXIT_SUCCESS); } /* main */ SEE ALSO
index(3), memchr(3), rindex(3), strchr(3), strpbrk(3), strsep(3), strspn(3), strstr(3), wcstok(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2008-10-29 STRTOK(3)