Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: xintetd.d
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers xintetd.d Post 23953 by DISTURBED on Tuesday 2nd of July 2002 11:22:01 PM
Old 07-03-2002
xintetd.d

Hi guys, I want to disable some services like telnet,rlogin, and finger.Should I just erase them from xinetd.d or what? Their is no comments in that file so I don't what to do.Can I just use "#" in front of each option?

OCF_HEARTBEAT_XINETD(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_XINETD(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_Xinetd - Manages a service of Xinetd SYNOPSIS
Xinetd [start | stop | status | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Resource script for Xinetd. It starts/stops services managed by xinetd by enabling or disabling them in the configuration file. The xinetd daemon itself must be running: we are not going to start or stop it ourselves. All services should have a line saying either "disable=yes" or "disable=no". The script just changes those settings before reloading xinetd. Important: in case the services managed by the cluster are the only ones enabled, you should specify the -stayalive option for xinetd or it will exit on Heartbeat stop. Alternatively, you may enable some internal service such as echo. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
service The name of the service managed by xinetd. (required, string, no default) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. restart Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. status Performs a status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 10. Suggested interval: 10. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 10. Suggested interval: 10. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a Xinetd resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_Xinetd ocf:heartbeat:Xinetd params service=string op monitor depth="0" timeout="10" interval="10" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/Xinetd_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 06/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_XINETD(7)