Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Creating mail accounts online.? Post 23851 by vbs on Monday 1st of July 2002 11:40:42 AM
Old 07-01-2002
Creating mail accounts online.?

Hi all.

Can anybody help me about this topic.

I am working on the project which lets people create an mail account an sign in to send or recieve mail( shortly like yahoo hotmail).

At the moment , records of People who registers to my mail service, is saved to database.after, I am creating mail accounts manually.
I want to create them Online.
But i dont know how to do this. Can anybody help me? What should i use to do this. Should i use socket commands or file commands? so how?

Best Regards.
vbs

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail accounts

Hi there I am a newbie. want to learn followings: 1. How can i create an mail only account.? 2. Where is the file containing mail accounts?What is the path? 3. Can i create mail accounts from PHP? Thanx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbs
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[LINUX] Creating new user accounts

I've had Linux when I was young, on one of our first computers and learned it pretty quickly... However, I've been working on Windows for about 7 years now and just made the switch back to Linux, Mandrake 9.1. So I have some problem with creating new user accounts. I could create one, but once I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arendo
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

creating user accounts in AIX

Hello all: I am new to UNIX and I am given the responsibility of administering a UNIX machine recently. The system is a IBM AIX 3.1. As a part of my duties I recently created some user accounts using "smit". It looked as if everything went well. But, after creating the account, I logged into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdepa
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting some mails from Unix mail accounts

Hi there, Is there a way to delete some messages from the mail account on a Unix machine via a script?. Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimJim
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating User Accounts from a list in file

I have a file that contains a list of names. I need a loop that creates user accounts to all the names in the list where username = names in file password = username Another question: how can i validate that a particular var is of 6 characters length I need an if statement that will... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laila Saif
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I am not able to send mail form unix to other mail accounts.

Using Mailx command i.e mailx -s "subject" chinni@hotmail.com < \tmp\chin this command executed sucessfully but not able to receive the mail in chinni@hotmail.com please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinnigd
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating user accounts

Hey everyone I am new to the forums and to Unix. I am currently taking a class on Unix, our teacher posed the question to us How do u create a user account without using GUI or command? We are currently running Knoppix version of Unix and for the life of me I can't figure out how this is possible.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Redditt90kg
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating user accounts

Hi, I have written a program using shell scripting. When you run the file it will asks you to enter the user name, if the user exists it says " user exists " if not it will displays like " user doesnt exist" and then asks you like " do you want to add user with options Yes or No " if you say... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwaprasad
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies
mlmmj-sub(1)						      General Commands Manual						      mlmmj-sub(1)

NAME
mlmmj-sub - subscribe address to a mailinglist run by mlmmj SYNOPSIS
mlmmj-sub -L /path/to/list -a john@doe.org [-c | -C] [-d | -n] [-h] [-U] [-V] -a: Email address to subscribe -c: Send welcome mail -d: Subscribe to digest version of the list -C: Request mail confirmation -h: This help -L: Full path to list directory -m: Subscriber moderation string -n: Subscribe to nomail version of the list -s: Don't send a mail to the subscriber if already subscribed -U: Don't switch to the user id of the listdir owner -V: Print version DESCRIPTION
This utility is used to subscribe people to the specified mailinglist. It will write the email address in a file with the name of the beginning letter of the email address getting subscribed in the <listdir>/subscribers.d/ directory. Unless the -U switch is used it will switch its user id to the user id owning the list directory. This is done to make sure that new files created are having correct permissions. The nomail version of the list is a list version where people are subscribed like usual, but they won't recieve any postings to the list. This is useful for people who read the mailinglist through a news gateway, but want to be able to post to the list. Normally a mail is sent to the subscriber if the address is already subscribed to the list. If the -s switch is used such a mail will not be sent. When neither -c nor -C are specified, subscription silently happens. SEE ALSO
mlmmj-unsub(1), setuid(2) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by the following persons: Soren Boll Overgaard <boll@debian.org> (based on html2man output) Mads Martin Jorgensen <mmj@mmj.dk> mlmmj-sub September 2004 mlmmj-sub(1)