Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can't create more pipe
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Can't create more pipe Post 23820 by janr on Monday 1st of July 2002 03:36:06 AM
Old 07-01-2002
Tools

Depends on the Unix type

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

i can't use 'make' in my computer?

I need to compile a file,but 'make' does not work.please tell me how to use it or need which tools? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsun5
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearify what it means under 'WHAT' when hit the 'w'-command

I wonder how I shall read the result below, especially 'what' shown below. The result was shown when I entered 'w'. E.g what is TOP? What is gosh ( what does selmgr mean?)? login@ idle JCPU PCPU what 6:15am 7:04 39 39 TOP 6:34am 6:45 45 45 TOP 6:41am ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aelgen
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

quoting echo 'it's friday'

echo 'it's friday' why appear the > (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove a file with a leading dash '-' in it's name?

Somehow someone created a file named '-ov' in the root directory. Given the name, the how was probably the result of some cpio command they bozo'ed. I've tried a number of different ways to get rid of it using * and ? wildcards, '\' escape patterns etc.. They all fail with " illegal option --... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSalisbury
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

What are the differences between 'bash' and 'sh'

Hopefully this doesn't come off as too much of a "newbie" question or a flamebait. But I have recently begun working with a Sun Solaris box after having spent the past five years working with RedHat. From what i can tell, thing look fairly similar and the 'man' command is some help. But I've... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies

6. SCO

Cannot create pipe

Hi, I'm new here, so please dont shoot me if I forgot something :) Some SCO box we've (our company) got recently from a new customer runs an app that hangs the entire box every once in a while. Today when an admin tried to start the db we got this error: $ dbstart dbstart: line 22: cannot... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: necron
6 Replies

7. Programming

Create a pipe to /dev/tty

Hello everybody: I have a child process which reads a password from /dev/tty, as far as I know file descriptors for the child process can be seen by using lsof, so I want to connect to such device in order to send the password through a pipe, how could I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash code to create named Pipe

Guy's, I need help with creating a pipe, I found this code online but not exactly sure what different parts are doing. Will someone be able to help me with explaining what code is doing? Also what I want is to have everything the same directory. Meaning I am working in directory: I want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: INHF
5 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to create one's own pipe in one's own shell?

Good evening, I'm trying to do my own shell and I encountered some issues while creating it. Indeed when I try such a command I have DAUPHINE> DAUPHINE> ls -l | grep terminal > fichier DAUPHINE> cat fichier My shell is named DAUPHINE Whereas I should have: Code: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntoineCompagni
0 Replies
MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)														  MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)

NAME
mk-build-deps - build a package satisfying a package's build-dependencies SYNOPSIS
mk-build-deps --help|--version mk-build-deps [options] control file | package name ... DESCRIPTION
Given a package name and/or control file, mk-build-deps will use equivs to generate a binary package which may be installed to satisfy all the build dependencies of the given package. If --build-dep and/or --build-indep are given, then the resulting binary package(s) will depend solely on the Build-Depends/Build-Depends-Indep dependencies, respectively. OPTIONS
-i, --install Install the generated packages and its build-dependencies. -t, --tool When installing the generated package use the specified tool. (default: apt-get --no-install-recommends) -r, --remove Remove the package file after installing it. Ignored if used without the --install switch. -a foo, --arch foo If the source package has architecture-specific build dependencies, produce a package for architecture foo, not for the system architecture. (If the source package does not have architecture-specific build dependencies, the package produced is always for the pseudo-architecture all.) -B, --build-dep Generate a package which only depends on the source package's Build-Depends dependencies. -A, --build-indep Generate a package which only depends on the source package's Build-Depends-Indep dependencies. -h, --help Show a summary of options. -v, --version Show version and copyright information. -s, --root-cmd Use the specified tool to gain root privileges before installing. Ignored if used without the --install switch. AUTHOR
mk-build-deps is copyright by Vincent Fourmond and was modified for the devscripts package by Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>. This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You are free to redistribute this code under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)