Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: large files in 32 bits?
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users large files in 32 bits? Post 23772 by glfuentes on Friday 28th of June 2002 04:26:58 PM
Old 06-28-2002
Question large files in 32 bits?

How I can call routines for write large files' text if I've a libraries that can't be compiled in 64 bits? I tried whit open O_LARGEFILE option but if I see the rows whith cat are strange because I only see the first one.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing 24 bits to 8 bits display

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to change 24 bits depth display to 8 bits depth display for Sun Ultra1, running Solaris 8? THANKS in advance. I think that the command is ffbconfig, but it has nothing about depth. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Large files

I am trying to understand the webserver log file for an error which has occured on my live web site. The webserver access file is very big in size so it's not possible to open this file using vi editor. I know the approximate time the error occured, so i am interested in looking for the log file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehgalniraj
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

large files?

How do we check 'large files' is enabled on a Unix box -- HP-UX B11.11 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranj@chn
2 Replies

4. AIX

How to convert a partition usin 64 bits kernel to 32 bits kernel?

Hello there: I know that exist a procedure to convert an OS using 32bits kernel to 64 bits kernel. But, exist a procedure to convert an OS using 64bits to 32 bits kernel? Please help me. Regards. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GEIER
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

32 bits procesaor with 64 bits Solaris

people i have a problem i have a 32 bits sparc processor, and solaris 64 bits processor, i install a oracle data base 64 bits, but my oracle will not run because my processor is from 32 bits this is ok??, i know if i have x86 i cannot install a 64 bits operatin system in a 32 bits processor. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Divide large data files into smaller files

Hello everyone! I have 2 types of files in the following format: 1) *.fa >1234 ...some text... >2345 ...some text... >3456 ...some text... . . . . 2) *.info >1234 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
7 Replies

7. Solaris

How to safely copy full filesystems with large files (10Gb files)

Hello everyone. Need some help copying a filesystem. The situation is this: I have an oracle DB mounted on /u01 and need to copy it to /u02. /u01 is 500 Gb and /u02 is 300 Gb. The size used on /u01 is 187 Gb. This is running on solaris 9 and both filesystems are UFS. I have tried to do it using:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonov7
14 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Place Bits & Win Bits!!! - 17th Annual Satellite Awards

Ten movies have been nominated as best motion picture by the International Press Academy, presentation of the 2012 Satellite Awards will be held on 16th December at Los Angeles, CA. Place your bits here on one of the below nominated movie of your choice:- Argo ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoda
0 Replies
RFIO_OPEN(3)						      Rfio Library Functions						      RFIO_OPEN(3)

NAME
rfio_open - opens a file SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include "rfio_api.h" int rfio_open (const char *path, int flags, int mode); Under Linux, for large files: #define _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE #include <sys/types.h> #include "rfio_api.h" int rfio_open64 (const char *path, int flags, int mode); For large files, under other systems: #include <sys/types.h> #include "rfio_api.h" int rfio_open64 (const char *path, int flags, int mode); DESCRIPTION
rfio_open opens the file whose name is the string pointed to by path, a character string containing the filename specification, and asso- ciates a FILE stream with it. flags are formed by ORing the following values: O_RDONLY Open for reading only O_WRONLY Open for writing only O_RDWR Open for reading and writing O_NDELAY Do not block on open O_APPEND Append on each write O_CREAT Create file if it does not exist O_TRUNC Truncate size to 0 O_EXCL Error if create and file exists O_LARGEFILE When size can be superior to 2GB-1. See NOTES mode specifies the permission bits to be set if the file is created. Opening a file with O_APPEND set causes each write on the file to be appended to the end. If O_TRUNC is specified and the file exists, the file is truncated to zero length. If O_EXCL is set with O_CREAT, then if the file already exists, the open returns an error. This can be used to implement a simple exclusive access locking mechanism. If O_EXCL is set and the last component of the pathname is a symbolic link, the open will succeed even if the symbolic link points to an existing name. If the O_NDELAY flag is specified and the open call would result in the process being blocked for some reason (for example waiting for a carrier on a dial-up line), the open returns immediately. The first time the process attempts to perform IO on the open file, it will block (not currently implemented). On systems that support the Large Files, O_LARGEFILE in rfio_open allows files whose sizes cannot be represented in 31 bits to be opened. RETURN VALUE
If successful, returns a non-negative integer which may be used to refer to the file on subsequent rfio_write, rfio_read and rfio_close calls. On failure, rfio_open returns -1 and the error code is stored in serrno. ERRORS
ENOENT The named file/directory does not exist or is a null pathname. EACCES Search permission is denied on a component of the path prefix. EBUSY Device or resource busy. Happens if you try to open in write mode a LCG file that is in an active migration stream. EFAULT path is a NULL pointer. ENOTDIR A component of path prefix is not a directory. ENAMETOOLONG The length of path exceeds CA_MAXPATHLEN or the length of a path component exceeds CA_MAXNAMELEN. SENOSHOST Host unknown. SENOSSERV Service unknown. SECOMERR Communication error. SEE ALSO
Castor_limits(4),rfio_write(3),rfio_read(3),rfio_close(3) NOTES
On Irix, Tru64 and IA64 the 64 bit mode is the default one, open and open64 are identical. The flag O_LARGEFILE is accepted on Irix and IA64 (where it has no effect) but not on Tru64. On all other platforms, rfio_open with O_LARGEFILE is equivalent to a call to rfio_open64. AUTHOR
LCG Grid Deployment Team LCG
$Date: 2005/03/31 13:13:03 $ RFIO_OPEN(3)