Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Server ,and CHMOD
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Server ,and CHMOD Post 23745 by kakalas on Friday 28th of June 2002 08:42:10 AM
Old 06-28-2002
Data Server ,and CHMOD

Hello

I have one problem :

[snowMailPerl.cgi]
COMMAND:> SITE CHMOD 755 snowMailPerl.cgi
500 Unknown command.

What's wrong with my server ,and what I can do ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CHMOD Help!!

Ok, listen.........I was using FTP Works to remove and add some files to a domain server. I messed with chmod button and made it so that no-one could access or their browsers could execute files and 2 or three certain directories. If anyone knows how to use this command and will give me a heads up... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jarrell
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Chmod Help!

Here is the deal, I am good with html and java and am creating a website for my brother. On this site he has chosen to use a ikonboard.com discussion board. I have done everything I can to pull it off, but no can do. Here is the problem: The site is being created using the angelfire... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: xwfprez
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod

Hi, can anybody help me? i have probable a simple problem about permissions. i have a server and on this server there comes some files from a another server via ftp with a separte user. i would like to modify the files with a awk script but i donīt have the permissions to modify the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotty
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod...

Hey everyone, I was wondering if there was a quicker way to chmod a lot of files than doing what im currently doing. At the moment, im doing chmod 777 *filename* - but I have a lot of files, sub-directories, sub-files etc etc. And at the moment I see I have to chmod every single file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mo0ness
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

chmod (permissions) * not working on remote server

Hi gurus ! I am developing a FTP script which will copy all the files from one server to another server and then I need to use CHMOD 755 * to set permissions of all the files just copied to the remote server. mput * chmod 755 * CHMOD gives me an error CHMOD works fine If I specify... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdlayeeq
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod remote server file

I would like to chmod the file which I am pulling from remote server onto my server. I am using the following script: sftp <server detail> get abc xyz chmod 666 xyz bye Though I could fetch the file successfully but I am not able to change the permission of xyz file on my server. Pls... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdtrica
5 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

What is the difference between chmod in solaris and chmod in Linux?

i think it is the same in both... Iam i right? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumaiya
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod on a remote server -solved

hello, I am trying to copy a file over to a set of aix servers and then set the file permissions, owner, group etc and all of this logged in as sudo. I was able to copy the file over using rcp - i know its not secure or not best way to copy - but unable to execute chmod on the remote server as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: in5ane
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod

Hi I tried to use chmod in unix to change my file's permission. chmod 701 hello.cgi And it did change my desired file's permission. Yet, the name of the file is changed to hello.cgi* . And therefore I cannot compile it after that. So, I just wondering why there is an extra '*' in the file's... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvin8906
2 Replies

10. Linux

chmod will not drwxrw----

If I: chmod 740 Documents/ Documents/ = drwxr----- If I: chmod 750 Documents/ Documents/ = drwxr-x--- How does that work? I want to achieve drwxrw---- (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kolusion
5 Replies
FTP_SITE(3)								 1							       FTP_SITE(3)

ftp_site - Sends a SITE command to the server

SYNOPSIS
bool ftp_site (resource $ftp_stream, string $command) DESCRIPTION
ftp_site(3) sends the given SITE command to the FTP server. SITE commands are not standardized, and vary from server to server. They are useful for handling such things as file permissions and group membership. PARAMETERS
o $ftp_stream - The link identifier of the FTP connection. o $command - The SITE command. Note that this parameter isn't escaped so there may be some issues with filenames containing spaces and other characters. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Sending a SITE command to an ftp server <?php // Connect to FTP server $conn = ftp_connect('ftp.example.com'); if (!$conn) die('Unable to connect to ftp.example.com'); // Login as "user" with password "pass" if (!ftp_login($conn, 'user', 'pass')) die('Error logging into ftp.example.com'); // Issue: "SITE CHMOD 0600 /home/user/privatefile" command to ftp server if (ftp_site($conn, 'CHMOD 0600 /home/user/privatefile')) { echo "Command executed successfully. "; } else { die('Command failed.'); } ?> SEE ALSO
ftp_raw(3). PHP Documentation Group FTP_SITE(3)