Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Transfering files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Transfering files Post 23572 by vbs on Tuesday 25th of June 2002 12:46:05 PM
Old 06-25-2002
Power Really thanx

Thanks .

I will try the examples to learn more.

I'd love to learn Unix. You and friends in this forum helps me much. After i become a UNIX MASTER i will also help newbies

Smilie
vbs

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfering files from one server to another.

My oracle database is generating archive logs. I want to copy those archive logs over to backup server on a regular basis. I know how to create an ftp job and I can put it in my crontab. My problem is that I don't know how to send the files just once instead of sends all the files in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alan Bird
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

transfering files unix to pc

Hi, I'm an intern at a business that just acquired a company that ran off the unix system. They have files on this workstation that they would like to move to a windows XP pro system, but no one (myself included) has enough unix knowledge to know how to do this. It's my understanding that this can... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: intern
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

automatic transfering of files using scp

I'm in the process of writing a shell script with copies files from one linux box to another using scp. I wish to run this through a cronjob so it cannot be interactive. This is what I have so far. #!/bin/sh PASSWD='passswd' dateset=$( date | awk '{print $2 $3 $6}') for dates in $dateset;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tcruicksh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfering files from windows to unix box through sftp

Hello All, we have scenarion where we need to pull the Files from Windows to Unix Box through SFTP protocol. as per our analysis we did install the cygwin package on the Windows Box to have the openSSH package functionality. 1.Will openSSH help us to achieve the functionality what we are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

transfering files with a specific name to a folder

Hi I want to transfer all files in a folder to another folder. So the files have a ending of .lop.txt thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gisele_l
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP is not transfering pdf files correctly

HI Experts, I have following code to FTP all pdf files from remote (win sever) to Linux box. function LsFiles(){ ftp -n -i -v $HT <<end_ftp user $USR $PASSWD cd $DIRNAME ls "-lrt *.pdf" bye end_ftp } LsFiles > list_of_files.txt function getFiles(){ ftp -n -i -v $HT <<end_ftp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipeshvshah
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp script for transfering files

Hi, I am new to shell scripting,and i was planning to write a script that will FTP files to destination folder. All configuration should be done through a properties files.I was planning that All configuration should be done through a properties files. and finally the output should be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul125
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfering files from one to another machine in different directories

I have to write script in which I have to copy files from different directories on machine A and put them in corresponding directories in machine B. Here machine A remains same per project and machine B keeps on changing. Is there any way through which I can do this using single remote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhurjajoo
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP While transfering files to local machine to remote machine

Hi Am using unix Ksh Am getting the problem while transferring zero size files through the script . When i transfer zero size files from local machine to remote machine manually i can able to do it . My question its beause of zero size files am not able to transfer through script ? or its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
2 Replies

10. Linux

UNIX - FTP changing the mode while transfering the files

Hi, I have to transfer my files using FTP. Few files are in Zipped format (.Z) and few are in .PX format . For zipped files, we need to change the mode to binary while transferring the files whereas for the px files the mode should be ascii. Eg: sample1.z sample2.z sample3.z sample.px ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidlaks
2 Replies
normality(5)							File Formats Manual						      normality(5)

NAME
normality - definition of what types of normalities different users may have. SYNOPSIS
/etc/normality DESCRIPTION
The normality configuration file has a rather simple syntax, as shown in the diagram in the next section. Some things to remember is that the normality file's influence is inversely proportional to the user's cluefulness and that, in certain cirumstances, modification of the normality file can and will be considered immoral. NORMALITY GRAMMAR
<normality file> := <normality file> <line> | ; <line> := <normality type> ': ' <userlist> | <normality type> '! ' <userlist> | <normality type> '= ' <normality tags> | <comment> <normality type> := [A-Z][a-zA-Z0-9]+ <userlist> := <username> ', ' <userlist> ';0 | <username> ';0 <normality tags> := <normality tag> ', ' <normality tags> ';0 | <normality tag> ';0 <normality tag> := 'marriage' | 'love-relation' | 'nice-job' | 'money' | 'spare-time' | 'friends' | 'no-pager' | 'vacation' <comment> := '#' .* '0 SEMANTICS
It is expected that you specify all normality types before you start assigning (or disassigning) users to (or from) them. That is so the system can do an easier consistency check of the specification. Let's say that we have a system with three normality types, foo, bar and gazonk and two users, cucumber and onion. Now, a line like "foo! onion;" would exclude onion from having any of the real-life things specified by the foo type, even if that (or those) things appear in another normality type. So, the disallow syntax overrides the allow syntax (specified by "<type>: <username>..."). There is always an implicit type named ``all'', that contains all normality tags. For all system administrators, you have an implicit rule, "all! asr". EXAMPLES
# Normality file for a sad system # Our users are onion, cucumber, jdoe, jrl and washu animetype= love-relation, nice-job, friends, spare-time; notworst= love-relation, nice-job, friends; sysadm= friends; # All normality types we will use are declared # Now let's do the magic stuff... all: jdoe, jrl; animetype: washu; sysadm: cucumber; all! onion; # Now, this is fairly easy, OK? WARNINGS AND BUGS
This file messes with the real world, so a bit of caution is recommended. Newer versions of the chastise(3) library function modifies this file on-the-fly. Has a tendecy to create small discontinuities in the velvet of reality whenever there are syntax errors in the normality file. AUTHOR
This sick idea was put down in *roff format by Ingvar Mattsson, as a contribution to the alt.sysadmin.recovery man page collection. 4th Berkeley Distribution Release 0.001 alpha normality(5)