Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: having 2 systems
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers having 2 systems Post 23480 by creative on Monday 24th of June 2002 01:59:11 PM
Old 06-24-2002
I just installed the Red hat with XP.

Thanks all..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

sun systems

Hi!!! Do you know about netra1? If you do how to configure and install it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khussain
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Operating Systems??

We are currently running two servers each with remote file systems mounted on each other. They need upgrading from Solaris 2.6 to 8. Does anyone know if there is a problem with having one server running Solaris 2.6 and the other v8?? Until we have time to upgrade them both. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hesmas
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File systems...

Hello guys, I am new in Unix world. I would like know, how Can I check which type of file system (GPFS, JFS) is on the AIX server. I have AIX 5.1. Could you anyone advice me? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sokratis
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh between systems

All I want to trigger a script in a remote system using rsh command. Both scripts are in different user name. How do i do this? Please let know .rhosts entries in both systems. Iam getting the following error: spk4rsh: 0041-003 No tickets file found. You need to run "k4init". Please help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeepakXavier
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Where the operating systems are going

Dear administrators I want to post the following question and, honestly, I don't know in which forum to post it since its general meaning. my question is: Where the operating system are going? Microkernel, monolithich or hybrid ? Because this question involves more forums at the same but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Puntino
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Embedded systems

Hi, I dont know whether it is the right space to put it... but didnt found related Embedded. I want to start learning Embedded systems in Unix, It would be greatly appreciable if someone could help me to start off .... Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deei
0 Replies

7. AIX

Sizing p7 systems

Hi, I am currently given the dubious task ;) to make an assumption on sizing our current p5 environment in relation to new p7 machines. Is there any kind of a vague factor how to calculate this? I found some official IBM benchmark results with long lists of different Power machines and their... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
9 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

From Systems Admin to Systems Eng.

I have been wondering how do Systems Administrators do the jump into Systems Engineering? Is it only a matter of time and experience or could I actually help myself get there? Opinions? Books I could read? Thanks a lot for your help! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: svalenciatech
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get the same time in two systems,

Hi all, how to get the same time in two systems, for example: in one system i have the correct time, and second system i have wrong time. now i want the first sytem to second sytem, i dont to want to do this work manually. i know there is one command to get the time. in ntp. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pick systems

looking for any advise on how to export Pick data from an AIX implementation. i have someone with limited experience that knows how to create a text file from a pick database. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgt
1 Replies
MOD_APPARMOR(8) 						     AppArmor							   MOD_APPARMOR(8)

NAME
mod_apparmor - fine-grained AppArmor confinement for Apache DESCRIPTION
An AppArmor profile applies to an executable program; if a portion of the program needs different access permissions than other portions, the program can "change hats" via aa_change_hat(2) to a different role, also known as a subprofile. The mod_apparmor Apache module uses the aa_change_hat(2) mechanism to offer more fine-grained confinement of dynamic elements within Apache such as individual php and perl scripts, while still allowing the performance benefits of using mod_php and mod_perl. To use mod_apparmor with Apache, ensure that mod_apparmor is configured to be loaded into Apache, either via a2enmod, yast or manual editing of the apache2(8)/httpd(8) configuration files, and restart Apache. Make sure that apparmor is also functioning. Once mod_apparmor is loaded within Apache, all requests to Apache will cause mod_apparmor to attempt to change into a hat named by the URI (e.g. /app/some.cgi). If no such hat is found, it will fall back to attempting to use the hat DEFAULT_URI; if that also does not exist, it will fall back to using the global Apache profile. Most static web pages can simply make use of the DEFAULT_URI hat. Additionally, before any requests come in to Apache, mod_apparmor will attempt to change hat into the HANDLING_UNTRUSTED_INPUT hat. mod_apparmor will attempt to use this hat while Apache is doing the initial parsing of a given http request, before its given to a specific handler (like mod_php) for processing. Because defining hats for every URI/URL often becomes tedious, mod_apparmor provides the AAHatName and AADefaultHatName Apache configuration options. AAHatName AAHatName allows you to specify a hat to be used for a given Apache <Directory>, <DirectoryMatch>, <Location> or <LocationMatch> directive (see the Apache documenation for more details). Note that mod_apparmor behavior can become confused if <Directory*> and <Location*> directives are intermingled and it is recommended to use one type of directive. If the hat specified by AAHatName does not exist in the Apache profile, then it falls back to the behavior described above. AADefaultHatName AADefaultHatName allows you to specify a default hat to be used for virtual hosts and other Apache server directives, so that you can have different defaults for different virtual hosts. This can be overridden by the AAHatName directive and is checked for only if there isn't a matching AAHatName or hat named by the URI. If the AADefaultHatName hat does not exist, it falls back to the DEFAULT_URI hat if it exists (as described above). URI REQUEST SUMMARY
When profiling with mod_apparmor, it is helpful to keep the following order of operations in mind: On each URI request, mod_apparmor will first aa_change_hat(2) into ^HANDLING_UNTRUSTED_INPUT, if it exists. Then, after performing the initial parsing of the request, mod_apparmor will: 1. try to aa_change_hat(2) into a matching AAHatName hat if it exists and applies, otherwise it will 2. try to aa_change_hat(2) into the URI itself, otherwise it will 3. try to aa_change_hat(2) into an AADefaultHatName hat if it has been defined for the server/vhost, otherwise it will 4. try to aa_change_hat(2) into the DEFAULT_URI hat, if it exists, otherwise it will 5. fall back to the global Apache policy BUGS
mod_apparmor() currently only supports apache2, and has only been tested with the prefork MPM configuration -- threaded configurations of Apache may not work correctly. There are likely other bugs lurking about; if you find any, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), subdomain.conf(5), apparmor_parser(8), aa_change_hat(2) and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-06-28 MOD_APPARMOR(8)