Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Internet sharing
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Internet sharing Post 23431 by praveenk on Sunday 23rd of June 2002 10:00:27 PM
Old 06-23-2002
Java Internet sharing

I wanted to share internet with my Server running Win 2000 and client on Solaris 8.

I networked them with a hub and 2 NICs on Server.

Is there any software to share the internet? Need help!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks...

Praveen

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Internet Sharing

I'm new to the unix world, but have been asked if our company could set up a high speed internet connection to our unix server in order to connect all our users without haveing to pay for all these telephone lines. I assume it is easy but unsafe. Any help from the basics to the advanced will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike11
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need help to set up internet sharing in linux.

Ok, I'm kind of in between newbie and experienced somewhere. I'm an advanced computer user but only have a little experience with linux and a lot of problems with it. Currently I'm using Linux-Mandrake 8.0 (I know, I know, but let's not go into the many reasons why it's not even close to the best... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nazo
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Internet Sharing with SUSE 7.3

I have a home network connected to a cable modem. I would like to use my SUSE 7.3 as a proxy. My layout is this. all computers connected to a hub. SUSE has 2 nics. 1 for cable modem(eth0, one for internal network connected to hub(eth1) All other machines connect to hub eth0 - DHCP from ISP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gdboling
1 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris and cable int. and internet sharing

hi ý have cable internet an ý dont connect internet.i can't get an ip form the dhcp of the isp and how can ý do internet sharing.ý new installed solaris.pls help me thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: demanyak
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

win2k to Mandrake,Internet Connection Sharing!

i've got a win2k machine(192.168.0.2) that i want to give access to mandrake through my network (192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0). I enabled ICS and setup the mandrake machine to be (192.168.0.3 255.255.255.0) and i'm still not able to get Internet Access to my Mandrake. I guess I have to do Dynamic... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlb00h
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sharing a Unix Drive Over The Internet ... but

I don't know if this can be done, otherwise, my project will come to a screeching halt. I have a SCO 5.0.5 machine connected to the internet with a static IP address. I need to be able to share a drive : /shareddrive I need to map to it from a windows machine: hence, what i'd like to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
3 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Sharing internet from host os to guest os

I have a host os Windows 7 ultimate in place where virtual box is installed. Now in virtual box I have installed solaris 10. There is internet connection present in host windows 7 still I am not able to access internet in solaris 10. Please help to configure solaris so that internet can be... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
12 Replies

8. IP Networking

Sharing internet connection

Hello all, Recently took a dive into Unix using Fedora 12 atm. I have cable modem with DHCP and a linksys 8 port router. With windows I was able to simple use the uplink port and plug each computer into the switch and use the internet connection. Having no luck doing the same in Unix. I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fingerz
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Sharing internet from Ubuntu to Solaris server

I have a laptop running on ubuntu 13 connected to wifi. My sunfire v100 is connected to my laptop with an ethernet cable of course. I tried messing around with it seeing if I could do it myself but I couldn't. I want my solaris box to use the internet off my laptop. How would I do this? I'm just... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: austinramsay
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Sharing internet from Ubuntu to Solaris server

Hey guys can anyone explain to me how to share my laptops (on ubuntu with wifi) to my sunfire v100 thats connected via ethernet? Whats the process for that? I'd appreciate it! Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: austinramsay
1 Replies
cimserver(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      cimserver(8)

NAME
cimserver - start or stop the CIM Server; display the version number or running status of the CIM Server SYNOPSIS
cimserver [configProperty=value] ... cimserver -s [ shutdownTimeout = value ] cimserver -v cimserver -h cimserver --help cimserver --version cimserver --status Remarks This command can only be executed by a privileged user. DESCRIPTION
The cimserver command provides a command line interface to stop and start the CIM Server, as well as to display the version number or run- ning status of the CIM Server. After installation, the CIM Server must be started using the cimserver command. If the system is rebooted, the CIM Server will automati- cally restart, with the exception of the case where the CIM Server was shutdown prior to the reboot. Generally, once the CIM Server is started, it is expected to be always running and ready to serve CIM requests. However, if the CIM Server must be stopped and restarted, the cimserver command can be used to shutdown the CIM Server gracefully and restart it at a later time. Starting the CIM Server Issuing the cimserver command without any options starts the CIM Server process. When starting the CIM Server using the cimserver command, the <configProperty=value> syntax can be used to set the configuration properties to be used by the CIM Server. It is important to know that the values specified in the cimserver command apply only to the current CIM Server process that gets started. The default values for the configuration properties do not change. For a list of the CIM Server config- uration properties, see the man page for the cimconfig command. Shutting down the CIM Server Issuing the cimserver command with the -s option stops the CIM Server. Optionally, a timeout value can be specified by setting the shut- downTimeout configuration property. Under normal operation, CIM Server should be able to be shutdown fairly quickly without problem. There are, however, situations that may prevent CIM Server from shutting down within a reasonable amount of time. For example, a provider that is not responding to requests, or a provider that is servicing a long-running CIM request. To handle such situations and to ensure that the CIM Server can be shutdown without having the user wait a long period of time (or indefinitely), a shutdown timeout value is used. The shutdown timeout value is the maximum amount of time (in seconds) the user is willing to wait for the CIM Server to complete all the outstanding CIM operation requests before shutting down the CIM Server. If the specified shutdown timeout period expires, the CIM Server will be shutdown even if there are CIM operations in progress. The shutdown timeout value is a CIM Server configuration property (shut- downTimeout ) that can be changed using the command. The default shutdown timeout value is 10 seconds. A timeout value (in seconds) can be specified in the cimserver command to shutdown the CIM Server using the =value> syntax. This overrides the default shutdown timeout value. The minimum timeout value is 2 seconds. While CIM Server is shutting down, a client connection request will result in a connection error (the same as if the CIM Server were not running). For clients who have already established a connection to the CIM Server, new CIM requests will be rejected with a CIM error indicating that the CIM Server is shutting down. When a client receives a response containing a CIM error indicating that the CIM Server is shutting down, it should close the connection and reconnect to CIM Server at a later time. Options The cimserver command recognizes the following options: -v, --version Display the version number or running status of the CIM Server. -h, --help Display the command usage. --status Display the running status of the CIM Server. -s Stop the CIM Server. Specify the timeout value for shutting down the CIM Server. This can only be used in conjunction with the -s option. The minimum timeout value is 2 seconds. If this is not specified, the default configurable timeout value will be used. configProperty=value Set the value for the specified configuration property to be used in starting the CIM Server. EXIT STATUS
The cimserver command returns one of the following values: 0 Success 1 Error The cimserver --status command returns one of the following values: 0 The CIM Server is running 1 Error 2 The CIM Server is not running When an error occurs, an error message is written to stderr and an error value of 1 is returned. DIAGNOSTICS
unable to connect to CIM Server. CIM Server may not be running. The cimserver command was issued to stop the CIM Server when CIM Server was not running. An exit status value of 1 is returned. Error: Bind failed: Failed to bind socket. The cimserver command was issued to start the CIM Server and the CIM Server was already running. An exit status value of 1 is returned. EXAMPLES
Stop the CIM Server with the default timeout value of 10 seconds. cimserver -s Stop the CIM Server with a timeout value of 5 seconds. cimserver -s shutdownTimeout=5 Start the CIM Server. cimserver Start the CIM Server with the configuration property enableNamespaceAuthorization set to true. cimserver enableNamespaceAuthorization=true Display the version number of the CIM Server. This version number is used to identify the release version of the CIM Server in the OpenPe- gasus release. cimserver -v Display the command usage. cimserver -h SEE ALSO
cimconfig(8). cimserver(8)