Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C program with Oracle database access Post 23410 by yeslekmc on Sunday 23rd of June 2002 03:35:17 AM
Old 06-23-2002
You need the Oracle Pro*C pre-compiler installed on your development machine. Basically, it allows you to embed SQL commands within your C programs. The pre-compiler simply converts all of the embedded SQL code into pure C code that may then be compiled into an executable. Your source code for Pro*C programs will have an extension of .pc (instead of .c). It works great and performace is outstanding!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that can access any type of(Teradata,Oracle) database

Hi, I need to create a script that can execute database independent queries. Database can be of any type whether tearadata,Mysql,oracle,DB2. Does anyone have any idea how to implement this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Database access

Hell all, I have the following snippet of code: $sql=qq{select * from ( select to_char(t.start_time_timestamp,'yyyy/mm/dd hh24:mi:ss') start_time,t.s_p_number_address, null cos_icsa_code, null cos_icsa_subcode from cc_unrated_msc_flow t union select... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access to a database

Hello all, is it possible to write a script in order to connect to a database, load data in a specific domain and execute the corresponding command? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FelipeAd
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell program to parse CSV text file and insert values into Oracle database

Enclosed is comma separated text file. I need to write a korn shell program that will parse the text file and insert the values into Oracle database. I need to write the korn shell program on Red Hat Enterprise Linux server. Oracle database is 10g. (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellguy
15 Replies

5. Solaris

Can't create database after Oracle Database installation

I installed Oracle 10 software on Solaris 11 Express, everything was fine execpt I can't create database using dbca.rsp file. I populated file with following options. OPERATION_TYPE = "createDatabase" GDBNAME = "solaris_user.domain.com" SID = "solaris_user" TEMPLATENAME = "General... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Identify a specific environment Oracle variable to connect a remote Oracle database ?

Good evening I nned your help pls, In an unix server i want to connect to a remote oracle databse server by sqlplus. I tried to find out the user/passwd and service name by env variable and all Ive got is this: ORACLE_SID_REPCOL=SCL_REPCOL ORACLE_SID=xmeta ORACLE_SID_TOL=SCL_PROTOLCOL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
2 Replies
SQL::Translator::Parser(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      SQL::Translator::Parser(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Parser - describes how to write a parser DESCRIPTION
Parser modules that get invoked by SQL::Translator need to implement a single function: parse. This function will be called by the SQL::Translator instance as $class::parse($tr, $data_as_string), where $tr is a SQL::Translator instance. Other than that, the classes are free to define any helper functions, or use any design pattern internally that make the most sense. When the parser has determined what exists, it will communicate the structure to the producer through the SQL::Translator::Schema object. This object can be retrieved from the translator (the first argument pass to parse) by calling the schema method: my $schema = $tr->schema; The Schema object has methods for adding tables, fields, indices, etc. For more information, consult the docs for SQL::Translator::Schema and its related modules. For examples of how this works, examine the source code for existing SQL::Translator::Parser::* modules. AUTHORS
Ken Youens-Clark, <kclark@cpan.org<gt>, darren chamberlain <darren@cpan.org>. SEE ALSO
perl(1), SQL::Translator, SQL::Translator::Schema. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-18 SQL::Translator::Parser(3pm)