Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Someone can give me some document about Curses Library? Post 23403 by yixudong on Saturday 22nd of June 2002 10:51:06 PM
Old 06-22-2002
Someone can give me some document about Curses Library?

I am programming on Linux using curses library but I found the document is not sufficient.Someone can help me?

Thank you!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

curses (ncurses) library question

Hi again. I'm using the curses functions simply to output data to the screen in certain areas. Very simple, just using the full screen, no windows. The problem is that I'm calling mvprintw from within several child processes in the same session, and the output is going bananas. ie, no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TelePlayer
1 Replies

2. Programming

Can't find curses library

I am writing a c program with the use of the curses but when i tried compiling i get the error that the curses library is not found the header file i included is curses.h and th command i typed is gcc -o chat chat.c -lcurses 1) Is this correct in linux? 2) found a file libncurses.so.5.2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xenon830
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

curses.h

hi i'd like to know how to draw a rectangle using the curses.h library, you know with all the WINDOW *newwin stuff and all thanx!:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chomano
1 Replies

4. Programming

Problem with curses library on Mac OS 10.2 darwin

Hello, I am trying to write a simple program with functions in the ncurses library, on a Mac running OSX 10.2.8, with the compiler and libraries that were included in the Dec 2002 Developer's tools release (the last one that runs on Jaguar, as far as I know). When I try to compile, I get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marks
2 Replies

5. Programming

curses.h

hi all i get a segmentation fault error in the following program. couldn't understand why it happens. can anyone explain what is really happening. s1.c #include<curses.h> main(){ int c; noecho(); cbreak(); c=getch(); printf("%c",(char)c); } I compiled this program as cc s1.c... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
2 Replies

6. Programming

<curses.h>

i want to write a C programm.i want to read a 2-dimension array from a file and using the library <curses.h> i want to delineate to the monitor the array.the monitor must every 40ms being refresing.i want to use the setitimer() function to achive this.the array will be similar like above (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nektarios4u
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh88 - curses

I was wondering if there is anyway to use the curses library with ksh88. I saw Shell Curses function library which says I can use /usr/local/functions/shellcurses on ksh93 but I am on ksh88. I am on a HP-UX box. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMTheNachoMan
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Who can give me a document for configure nagios on RHEL 5

Who can give me a document for configure nagios on RHEL 5,thanks . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhengsenlin
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Here document inside a here document?

Can we use a here document inside a here document? Something like this ssh user@remotehost << REMOTE sudo vserver vsernamename enter << VSERVER perform actions on vserver. VSERVER REMOTE (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnanavati
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help for using curses library

I am using curses library for graphics on linux. I have created a static GUI which contains two boxes which cover the whole screen, but when i make the screen small it shows only the half GUI, it does'nt adjust according to the the new window size. I want the GUI to adjust according to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apapap
1 Replies
curs_print(3X)															    curs_print(3X)

NAME
mcprint - ship binary data to printer SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int mcprint(char *data, int len); DESCRIPTION
This function uses the mc5p or mc4 and mc5 capabilities, if they are present, to ship given data to a printer attached to the terminal. Note that the mcprint code has no way to do flow control with the printer or to know how much buffering it has. Your application is responsible for keeping the rate of writes to the printer below its continuous throughput rate (typically about half of its nominal cps rating). Dot-matrix printers and 6-page-per-minute lasers can typically handle 80cps, so a good conservative rule of thumb is to sleep for a second after shipping each 80-character line. RETURN VALUE
The mcprint function returns ERR if the write operation aborted for some reason. In this case, errno will contain either an error associ- ated with write(2) or one of the following: ENODEV Capabilities for printer redirection do not exist. ENOMEM Couldn't allocate sufficient memory to buffer the printer write. When mcprint succeeds, it returns the number of characters actually sent to the printer. PORTABILITY
The mcprint call was designed for ncurses(3X), and is not found in SVr4 curses, 4.4BSD curses, or any other previous version of curses. BUGS
Padding in the mc5p, mc4 and mc5 capabilities will not be interpreted. SEE ALSO
curses(3X) curs_print(3X)