Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: having 2 systems
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers having 2 systems Post 23397 by creative on Saturday 22nd of June 2002 05:01:24 PM
Old 06-22-2002
Question having 2 systems

Hello,

My computer's operating system is Windows XP. Now, how can I install Red hat (ver7.3)? I want to have both of them in my PC.

Please help... Smilie

Creative Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

sun systems

Hi!!! Do you know about netra1? If you do how to configure and install it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khussain
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Operating Systems??

We are currently running two servers each with remote file systems mounted on each other. They need upgrading from Solaris 2.6 to 8. Does anyone know if there is a problem with having one server running Solaris 2.6 and the other v8?? Until we have time to upgrade them both. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hesmas
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File systems...

Hello guys, I am new in Unix world. I would like know, how Can I check which type of file system (GPFS, JFS) is on the AIX server. I have AIX 5.1. Could you anyone advice me? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sokratis
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh between systems

All I want to trigger a script in a remote system using rsh command. Both scripts are in different user name. How do i do this? Please let know .rhosts entries in both systems. Iam getting the following error: spk4rsh: 0041-003 No tickets file found. You need to run "k4init". Please help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeepakXavier
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Where the operating systems are going

Dear administrators I want to post the following question and, honestly, I don't know in which forum to post it since its general meaning. my question is: Where the operating system are going? Microkernel, monolithich or hybrid ? Because this question involves more forums at the same but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Puntino
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Embedded systems

Hi, I dont know whether it is the right space to put it... but didnt found related Embedded. I want to start learning Embedded systems in Unix, It would be greatly appreciable if someone could help me to start off .... Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deei
0 Replies

7. AIX

Sizing p7 systems

Hi, I am currently given the dubious task ;) to make an assumption on sizing our current p5 environment in relation to new p7 machines. Is there any kind of a vague factor how to calculate this? I found some official IBM benchmark results with long lists of different Power machines and their... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
9 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

From Systems Admin to Systems Eng.

I have been wondering how do Systems Administrators do the jump into Systems Engineering? Is it only a matter of time and experience or could I actually help myself get there? Opinions? Books I could read? Thanks a lot for your help! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: svalenciatech
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get the same time in two systems,

Hi all, how to get the same time in two systems, for example: in one system i have the correct time, and second system i have wrong time. now i want the first sytem to second sytem, i dont to want to do this work manually. i know there is one command to get the time. in ntp. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pick systems

looking for any advise on how to export Pick data from an AIX implementation. i have someone with limited experience that knows how to create a text file from a pick database. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgt
1 Replies
SND_SBC(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						SND_SBC(4)

NAME
snd_sbc, snd_sb16, snd_sb8 -- Creative Sound Blaster ISA and compatible bridge device driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device sound device snd_sbc device snd_sb16 device snd_sb8 Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following lines in loader.conf(5): snd_sbc_load="YES" snd_sb16_load="YES" snd_sb8_load="YES" Non-PnP cards require the following lines in device.hints(5): hint.sbc.0.at="isa" hint.sbc.0.port="0x220" hint.sbc.0.irq="5" hint.sbc.0.drq="1" hint.sbc.0.flags="0x15" DESCRIPTION
The snd_sbc bridge driver allows the generic audio driver sound(4) to attach to Creative Sound Blaster ISA (mostly SB16 or SB8, known as SoundBlaster Pro) compatible audio cards. The value of flags specifies the secondary DMA channel. If the secondary DMA channel is C, set the flags to (C | 0x10). For a sound card without the secondary DMA channel, the flags should be set to zero. HARDWARE
The snd_sbc driver supports the following sound cards: o Avance Asound 110 o Avance Logic ALS100+ o Avance Logic ALS120 o Creative SB16 o Creative SB32 o Creative AWE64 o Creative AWE64 Gold o Creative ViBRA16C o Creative ViBRA16X o ESS ES1681 o ESS ES1688 o ESS ES1868 o ESS ES1869 o ESS ES1878 o ESS ES1879 o ESS ES1888 DIAGNOSTICS
sb_dspwr(XX) timed out. A command to the DSP has timed out. Check the I/O port configuration. bad irq XX (5/7/9/10 valid) The IRQ given to the driver is not valid. SEE ALSO
sound(4) HISTORY
The snd_sbc device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.0. AUTHORS
Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp> BSD
February 17, 2007 BSD