Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linux Post 23374 by c0ldzer0 on Friday 21st of June 2002 04:22:57 PM
Old 06-21-2002
Question Installation of REDHAT Linux

Ok, I already dowloaded redhat linux but i cant find the install program on any of the discs. So I can't run setup to make the disc. So, what do I do. I appreciate you helping me.

:*: c0ldzer0 :*:

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Fedora

Which is the better platform to learn UNIX/Linux (Kali Linux Vs. Red Hat or other)?

I just started a new semester and I started my UNIX class yesterday. I've already decided to use python along with my learning process but what I really want to use with it is Kali as my UNIX/Linux platform to learn off of since I already wanted to learn Cyber Sec. anyways. I just wanted to know if... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple sed command not working; could be a Mac/Linux vs. PC/Linux issue

Hello, I am on a Mac and trying to clean up some monthly files with a very simple SED: sed '3,10d;/<ACROSS>/,$d' input.txt > output.txt (from the input, delete lines 3 - 10; then delete from the line containing <ACROSS> to the end of the file) then output to output.txt Even when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verbatim
2 Replies
cdde(1) 																   cdde(1)

NAME
cdde - Compact Disc Detect & Execute SYNOPSIS
cdde [-c filename] [-rbvVh] DESCRIPTION
cdde is a program that detects when a cdrom drive on your system has had a disc inserted. When it finds a disc inserted in the drive it will attempt to determine the type of the disc, and execute a specified command. This means you can put in a dvd and your favorite dvd software will start, or put in a data cd and it will be automatically mounted for you. Right now cdde can detect the following types of discs: * audio cd * data cd * dvd * mixed audio/data cd * vcd * svcd * blank cdr/dvdr For now the dvd checking is just a bit of magic that checks to see if there's a "video_ts" directory on the disc. Same goes for the vcd checking: it just looks for a "vcd" directory on the disc. cdde reads its configuration from "~/.cdde.xml" unless otherwise specified on the command line. OPTIONS
-r, --run Run commands on disc already in drive when is started. -b, --batch Batch mode: check all drives once then exit. (implies -r) -c, --config <filename> Use the config file <filename>. (Default is ~/.cdde.xml) -v, --verbose Print out lots of information. -V, --version Print out version information. -h, --help Print Display this help and exit. FILES
~/.cdde.xml SEE ALSO
cdde.xml(5) AUTHORS
Eric Lathrop <eric@ericlathrop.com> Stanislav Maslovski <stanislav.maslovski@gmail.com> WEBSITE
For the latest release of cdde, see: http://cdde.sourceforge.net/ Eric Lathrop 0.3.1 cdde(1)