Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sort file in perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sort file in perl Post 23340 by annececile on Friday 21st of June 2002 08:52:33 AM
Old 06-21-2002
Don't search more !!!
I find another way to do the final goal !!!
Thanks for help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort a file by date using perl

Hello, do any body help me to sort a file by date using perl? thanks in advance Esham (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: esham
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl find::file can I sort the out put

Perl file::find can I sort the out put I am using file::find in my script but how I wish to process each file found in date order. Can I sort this module? eg part of current script is.... use File::Find; # Recursively find all files and directories in $mqueue_directory find(\&wanted,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Sort on Text File

Hi, I have a file of names and I want perl to do a sort on this file. How can I sort this list of names using perl? I'm thinking of a command like: @sorted = sort { lc($a) cmp lc($b) } @not_sorted # alphabetical sort The only thing I'm sort of unsure of is, how would I get the name in my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eltinator
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl function to sort a file based on key fields

Hi, I am new to PERL.I want to sort all the lines in a file based on 1,2 and 4th filelds. Can U suggest me a command/function in perl for this operation.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikd214
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort file with non ascii chars and cjk with perl

Hello, I am not a programmer, please be patient. Actually, I have started to look into Perl because it seems to be able to solve all the problems (or most of them) I happen meet using my computer. These problems are generally all text-manipulation-related. Although I started to study, I cannot... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahsog
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to sort an Excel file

Hello! I need to sort a file that is partly in English partly in Bulgarian. The original file is an Excel file but I converted it to a tab-delimited text file. The encoding of the tab delimited file is UTF-8. To sort the text, the script should test every line of the text file to see if... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: degoor
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to sort the files and append the extension .sort to the sorted version of the file

Hello all - I am to this forum and fairly new in learning unix and finding some difficulty in preparing a small shell script. I am trying to make script to sort all the files given by user as input (either the exact full name of the file or say the files matching the criteria like all files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankaj80
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl SFTP, to get, sort and process every file.

Hi All, I'm niks, and i'm a newbie here and newbie also in perl sorry, i'm just wondering how can i get the file from the other hostname using sftp? then after i get it i'm going to sort the file and process it one by one. sorry because i'm a newbie. Thanks, -niks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort flat file by 3rd column in perl

Hello Guys I want to sort a flat file by the third column (numeric ) and store it in some other name I/P 9924873|20111114|00000000000013013|130|13|10/15/2010 12:36:22|W860944|N|00 9924873|20111114|00000000000013009|130|09|10/15/2010 12:36:22|W860944|N|00... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort help: How to sort collected 'file list' by date stamp :

Hi Experts, I have a filelist collected from another server , now want to sort the output using date/time stamp filed. - Filed 6, 7,8 are showing the date/time/stamp. Here is the input: #---------------------------------------------------------------------- -rw------- 1 root ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies
add entry(1m)															     add entry(1m)

NAME
add entry - Adds a name service entry to the name service database SYNOPSIS
rpccp add entry entry-name [-s syntax] OPTIONS
Indicates the name syntax of the entry name (optional). The only value for this option is the dce name syntax, which is the default name syntax. Until an alternative name syntax becomes available, specifying the -s option is unnecessary. ARGUMENTS
Specifies the name of the target name service entry. For an entry in the local cell, you can omit the cell name and specify only the cell- relative name. DESCRIPTION
The add entry command adds an unspecialized entry to the name service database. The name of the entry is required. The new entry initially contains no NSI attributes. This command creates a general name service entry for an application or user. The application or user can later use the export, add element, and add member commands to make the generic entry into a server entry, a group, or a profile (or a combination), as follows: For a server entry, specify the new entry as the target entry for the rpccp export command. For a group, specify the new entry as the target group for the rpccp add member command. For a profile, specify the new entry as the tar- get profile for the rpccp add element command. The add entry command enables administrators to add entries for users who lack the required permissions. If you have the permissions required by the add entry command, you can also add an entry using an export, add member, or add element command; if the entry you specify does not exist, the command creates the entry. Privilege Required To add an entry, you need insert permission to the parent directory and both read permission and write permission to the CDS object entry (the target name service entry). NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLES
The following commands start RPCCP and add an unspecialized entry to the name service database: $ rpccp rpccp> add entry > /.:/LandS/anthro/Cal_host_2 The following command operates from the system prompt to add an unspecialized entry to the name service data- base: $ rpccp add entry > /.:/LandS/anthro/Cal_host_3 RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: remove entry(1m), show entry(1m) add entry(1m)