Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users VI hogging system resources??? Post 23263 by auswipe on Wednesday 19th of June 2002 03:46:21 PM
Old 06-19-2002
I have seen a similiar problem in elvis (vi clone) when I had been editing a document and got disconnected from the system. I log back in and start again and elvis is going nuts. I don't know why. Kill elvis and delete the elvis/vi temp related file and it is all good.

I would look for any vi temp files and eliminate them if they exist.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System Resources?

I am running a C program on a SCO box. There are multiple users on using the system resources. My problem is when using fprintfs in the program. I am writing to a log every thing I read in from a file after doing some formatting. I write out to the log with the fprintfs in groupings like 10... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwolfe
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Looking for utility to monitor system resources

Hi Community, I'm looking for a linux based utility for monitoring following system resources 1. Memory 2. CPU Usage I know there are plenty freewares which poll the data and print in form of html pages. For eg. MRTG, Novel's Linux Monitoring tools etc. But my requirement is deviated a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anilgurwara
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Xorg is taking System Resources.

Hi All, I am facing System Speed problem.i saw in top command Xorg process was taking most of the time 20% of CPU and Memory.How to make it normal. Currently i am using AMD Athlon 64 HT technology processor(Socket 939) 512 DDR1 RAM Nvidia 5200 GeForce 128 MB Graphic card. i need help in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindk.monu
2 Replies
uptime(1)							   User Commands							 uptime(1)

NAME
uptime - show how long the system has been up SYNOPSIS
uptime DESCRIPTION
The uptime command prints the current time, the length of time the system has been up, and the average number of jobs in the run queue over the last 1, 5 and 15 minutes. It is, essentially, the first line of a w(1) command. EXAMPLES
Below is an example of the output uptime provides: example% uptime 10:47am up 27 day(s), 50 mins, 1 user, load average: 0.18, 0.26, 0.20 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------------------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
w(1), who(1), whodo(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
who -b gives the time the system was last booted. SunOS 5.11 18 Mar 1994 uptime(1)