Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements Looking for hp 745i/100 machines to trade for HP B180s Post 23258 by hohumbgdl on Wednesday 19th of June 2002 02:53:49 PM
Old 06-19-2002
Looking for 745i/100 machines

Still out there looking for 745i/100 machines. I will trade for B180 workstations 256MB, 4.5GB, w/CD.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

My e-Machines desktop

processor : 0 vendor_id : GenuineIntel cpu family : 15 model : 2 model name : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.20GHz stepping : 7 cpu MHz : 2192.913 cache size : 8 KB fdiv_bug : no hlt_bug : no f00f_bug : no coma_bug ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WABonnett
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

switching between machines

I work for a local authority, and have been asked to extend a project I recently worked on currently there are two (2) menus in operation each menu allows us to allow or deny access to users the problem the menus are on seperate machines (Iwant to make these menus sub menus) I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: w33man
1 Replies

3. Programming

Blitzkrieg Attack Algorithm - Is It A Google Trade Secret?

Hello, I have conducted a series of investigations into lexicon data structures, and smaller really does mean faster, but a graph compression algorithm with instantaneous run time is not an area I decided to research until now. Initially, I was primarily concerned with the functionality and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: HeavyJ
0 Replies
sum(1B) 					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						   sum(1B)

NAME
sum - calculate a checksum for a file SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/sum file... DESCRIPTION
sum calculates and displays a 16-bit checksum for the named file and displays the size of the file in kilobytes. It is typically used to look for bad spots, or to validate a file communicated over some transmission line. The checksum is calculated by an algorithm which may yield different results on machines with 16-bit ints and machines with 32-bit ints, so it cannot always be used to validate that a file has been transferred between machines with different-sized ints. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of sum when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sum(1), wc(1), attributes(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Read error is indistinguishable from EOF on most devices; check the block count. NOTES
sum and /usr/bin/sum (see sum(1)) return different checksums. This utility is obsolete. SunOS 5.10 8 Nov 1995 sum(1B)