Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DNS servers
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers DNS servers Post 23256 by J.P on Wednesday 19th of June 2002 02:41:39 PM
Old 06-19-2002
BIND isn't the only one

You might want to try out djbdns as well.

Install: http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/install.html
FAQ: http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/faq.html

Happy DNS:ing Smilie

EDIT: Ops, thanks for that Kelam_Magnus

Last edited by J.P; 06-19-2002 at 05:31 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I use DNS Server to Load Balancing my Web Servers ??

Anyone can give me some idea about DNS Server Configuration that I want to load balancing my Web Servers . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ottobian
1 Replies

2. AIX

Dns Servers

My only question is Can we have two auteritative Name servers for a single domain? Just a question. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vjm
1 Replies

3. AIX

Servers still querying old DNS server?

Hello, I've created new DNS servers and changed all of the clients /etc/resolv.conf to point to them, but when I check the old DNS logs, I see that the clients are still querying it. Does anybody know why? thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctcuser
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Select DNS Servers depending on the domain

Hello, I'm using CentOS 5.3, and I connect to a VPN in order to work. The problem is that I'm constantly accessing things on the local network and the remote network. But once I'm connected to the VPN I can't access local addresses by name, I have to use the ip-address. What I'd like is to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: martincastell
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS server choice: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND

I'd like to get some opnions on choosing DNS server: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND comparrsion: 1) managment, easy of use 2) Security 3) features 4) peformance 5) ?? I personally prefer Windows DNS server for management, it supports GUI and command line. But I am not sure about security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

DHCP & DNS - Clients get IP but don't register in DNS

I am trying to setup a CentOS 6.2 server that will be doing 3 things DHCP, DNS & Samba for a very small office (2 users). The idea being this will replace a very old Win2k server. The users are all windows based clients so only the server will be Linux based. I've installed CentOS 6.2 with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FireBIade
4 Replies

7. IP Networking

DNS and Authoritative Servers

Hey everyone, I've noticed that when I do a dig command, I don't get any authoritative records back. For example a dig to cnn.com just yields: ;; QUESTION SECTION: ;cnn.com. IN A ;; ANSWER SECTION: cnn.com. 300 IN A 157.166.226.25 cnn.com. 300 IN ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
8 Replies

8. Linux

Domain registrars & DNS servers

I have read many tutorials on bind and i understand the A,MX, CNAME records. Internally, on a LAN we can install bind and create all these records and we can tell all PC and servers to use this bind as DNS server.that's fine. On the Internet, when we have purchased a valid domain like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
5 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Network Manager not setting correct DNS servers

Since a few weeks i use Ubuntu 16 on my laptop: # uname -a Linux xxxx 4.8.0-52-generic #55~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 28 14:36:29 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux Because i want to use a custom name server i set the properties in the "Edit Connections" dialogue to the following: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
2 Replies
lrint(3M)																 lrint(3M)

NAME
lrint(), lrintf(), lrintl(), lrintw(), lrintq() - round to nearest long int functions SYNOPSIS
HP Integrity Server Only DESCRIPTION
rounds its argument to the nearest integral value, rounding according to the current rounding direction. is equivalent to except that it rounds to instead of Integrity Server Only is a version of it takes a argument. is a version of it takes a argument. is an version of it takes an argument. is equivalent to on HP-UX systems. USAGE
To use these functions, compile either with the default option or with the and options. To use (for Integrity servers) or compile also with the option. Make sure your program includes Link in the math library by specifying on the compiler or linker command line. For more information, see the at the following site: RETURN VALUE
If the rounded value is outside the range of the numeric result is the maximum or minimum value and the invalid floating-point exception is raised. On Integrity servers, if the rounded value is outside the range of the numeric result is the minimum value. When raises no other floating-point exception and the result differs from the argument, the function raises the inexact floating-point exception. ERRORS
No errors are defined. SEE ALSO
ceil(3M), floor(3M), fabs(3M), fmod(3M), fegetround(3M), fesetround(3M), llrint(3M), llround(3M), lround(3M), rint(3M), round(3M), trunc(3M), math(5), fenv(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
: ISO/IEC C99 (including Annex F, ``IEC 60559 floating-point arithmetic'') lrint(3M)