Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Windows Binaries
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Windows Binaries Post 23237 by Maestin on Wednesday 19th of June 2002 08:25:29 AM
Old 06-19-2002
Windows Binaries

This is probably a really stupid question:

Why doesnt windows binaries run in *nix?

Is it the filesystem? or what?

//Maestin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to create freeBSD binaries in Linux or Windows

I have a trouble: i cannot install and use freeBSD for some reasons(have no computer now, and comps on my work are Windowsed), but I need to compile some UNIX sources for freeBSD(this one: http://ppcpp.sf.net/). What can I do? Are there a compilers, that can run in Windows, but can compile binaries... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: szzz
3 Replies

2. Solaris

compare two binaries.

Dear I want to know how i can compare between two binaries by using check sum command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abu_hassan
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to compare binaries

I have the same two source files. They MUST be compiled with -g debugger option. The binaries are different. But in fact the binaries work the same. How to compare them to know the are compiled using the same source code. In Linux it is enough to: strip --strip-all <file> and diff shows no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mblank
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stripping down binaries

Hello, I am the CEO of Grand Tech Corporation. We are launching Linux NT and forgive me, but I do not know how to strip binaries down in Mandriva Linux. Can someone tell me a way to?:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux NT
2 Replies

5. Linux

nmap binaries for linux

Hi , I am exploring the nmap utility for Linux. I know that, nmap binaries are specific to the platforms e.g. nmap binaries will be diferent for Windows , AIX , Solaris and Linux platforms. Can anyone tell me , will the nmap binaries be different for different flavours of Linux such as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jatin56
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why does /bin contain binaries for builtins?

Why do shell builtins like echo and pwd have binaries in /bin? When I do which pwd, I get the one in /bin. that means that I am not using the builtin version? What determines which one gets used? Is the which command a definitive way to determine what is being run when I enter pwd? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
16 Replies

7. Red Hat

Intel binaries on PPC

Is it possible to run binaries compiled for Intel platforms running on linux on a PPC system running on linux? I have a POWER4 IBM system and like to use it as a linux box with all desktop apps on it. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to compare binaries

Hi All, I am very new to scripting and wanted to write a script for comparison of folder including binary files like ear's and jars. Following is the job for which I need it: 1. Compare two folders recursively 2. Compare the binaries like ear's but exclude files like MANIFEST files 3.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick.topgun
1 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

bitwise and between two 32 bit binaries

Hello All, i have two 16 bit binaries that in two different variables, i want to perform a bitwise AND between the two and store the result in a different variable. can anyone throw some light on doing this in a bourne shell... eg var1= 1110101010101011 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
8 Replies
cr(1)							      General Commands Manual							     cr(1)

NAME
cr - converts text files between nix EOL and dos EOL SYNOPSIS
cr - | + <input file> <output file> DESCRIPTION
Text files, such as tle files, that come from a dos source usualy have the ^M symbol at the end of every line. Cr converts files between the dos newline format and the normal *nix newline format by stripping the ^M to convert dos to *nix, using the '-' option, or adding ^M to a *nix file to create the proper dos file when the '+' option is used. Although this extra character is not often a problem, programs like seesat5, which are data driven will encounter parsing problems when the extra character is present. It is these problems that cr is intended to repair. Options - | + One or the other of these options is required. The '-' option is used to remove ^M from all newlines found in the dos file. The '+' option is used to add ^M to every newline found in a *nix file. input file Fully delineated path to the input file. As this program is used in the dos environment as well, standard input is not used. output file Fully delineated path to the output file. As this program is used in the dos environment as well, standart output is not used. SEE ALSO
seesat5(1), seesat5(7), SEESAT5.INI(5), tle(5) BUGS
Cr is not an inteligent program. It methodicaly replaces/removes the offending character when it finds it in the correct context. Newline sequences found in contexts other than 'newline' will be replaced/removed just like those found in the proper context. Passing a binary file through cr is not advised, for this reason. Send all inqueries to Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net>. Debian Linux 2 April 96 cr(1)