Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp file locking
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ftp file locking Post 23235 by Kevin Pryke on Wednesday 19th of June 2002 08:17:51 AM
Old 06-19-2002
Thanks, at least I know it's not that now.

It's become apparent that it's some sort of problem with one of the remote machines. It's timing out on it's own now. I'll just pass it to our network guys.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file locking question

Hi, Simple question but I just need to confirm the answer: If two or more processes attempt to move the same file at exactly the same time, will unix internal file locking allow only one of the processes to access the file? Many thanks Helen :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Locking in Unix

Hi I would like to lock a file using korn Shell Script before coping the contents of the file. Do let me know Thanks in Advance. Senone (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senone
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File Locking

Hi, Does anyone know what happens when two processes are simultaneously trying to write to a single file in UNIX (AIX)? Cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penfold
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Locking a file in ksh

We want to lock a file, during a program(pgm1) execution(until the execution of the program is completed), so that other program(pgm2) can't read/edit that file, until execution of earlier program(pgm1) is completed. How can this be achieved thru shell scripting... we tried chmod +l option, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thanuman
1 Replies

5. Solaris

ftp account locking

I need some help trying to figure out why our ftp account keeps getting locked with no manual intervention. We have end of day processes that run nightly and the last thing it does is ftp files to a server. Everyonce in a while the script fails because the account has been locked. How could this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: morgadoa
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file locking

how do i implement file locking in unix? example if i want to update a file, i would like to use file locking. how do i implement it? i am using shell script thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yang
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to do file locking?

how to ensure all files are being locked while updateing some files? example when i want to update the password and shadow file in unix. how do i implement file locking?? please advice thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yang
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File locking

i am working on a device runnin on linux....i have configured the samba server in the device such that my windows PC can access a shared folder in the device. Also in the device i am runnin some programs which access the files in this shared folder. What i want to know is whether there is any way i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhinx
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Securing and locking down a file server

Hi everyone! I'm totally new to Unix/Linux. In my last job I was able to be exposed a little bit by using unbuntu desktop for 11 months and also the xemacs editor. I basically know nothing and I'm totally interested in ditching the Microsoft Environment. I would like to build a file server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jtaylor69
1 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

error in locking .Xauthority file

Here is my scenario The applications that I want to run are on Linux Server and the client machines that are having problem in locking the .Xauthority files are Macs which share the same domain as that of client solaris machine. i.e. The home directory of particular user on Solaris & the home... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhatrey
4 Replies
ftp::geturl(n)							    ftp client							    ftp::geturl(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ftp::geturl - Uri handler for ftp urls SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require ftp::geturl ?0.2.1? ::ftp::geturl url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a command which wraps around the client side of the ftp protocol provided by package ftp to allow the retrieval of urls using the ftp schema. API
::ftp::geturl url This command can be used by the generic command ::uri::geturl (See package uri) to retrieve the contents of ftp urls. Internally it uses the commands of the package ftp to fulfill the request. The contents of a ftp url are defined as follows: file The contents of the specified file itself. directory A listing of the contents of the directory in key value notation where the file name is the key and its attributes the asso- ciated value. link The attributes of the link, including the path it refers to. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category ftp of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
ftpd, mime, pop3, smtp KEYWORDS
ftp, internet, net, rfc 959 CATEGORY
Networking ftp 0.2.1 ftp::geturl(n)