Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to add cc path
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to add cc path Post 23208 by definate on Tuesday 18th of June 2002 06:50:06 PM
Old 06-18-2002
Data

hi ,
this what i get:
# export PATH=$PATH:/usr/ucb/cc
PATH=/usr/sbin:sbin:/usr/dt/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/bin:/usr/ucb:/usr/ucb/cc: is not an identifier

can u help plz.
definate

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

add bin to variable PATH and save changes

i wrote a script and is running. I add the path bin to variable PATH, i.e. PATH=$PATH/bin. i add this to PATH in order to run the script in any path working directory. Thats ok. The problem is as son as i close the session and start a new session, changes are lost. How can i tell the shell or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexcol
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to add new paths to $PATH

Hi all, I downloaded a tarball of coreutils .... extracted only to find out that i had to build it... But when i executed ./configure, this is what i got checking build system type... i386-pc-solaris2.11 checking host system type... i386-pc-solaris2.11 configure: autobuild project... GNU... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
2 Replies

3. Solaris

add PATH as root

Sorry this maybe a dumb one, but I am root and want to add something to my PATH. Is the right place to do it here: /usr/dt/config/dtspcdenv ? If so, after I add it, how do I source it? Neither "source <file>" nor ". <file>" work. How does the above file work... is there another... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve701
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add a path variable

Hi, I tried to add a path vairable export GPLOAD_CONNECT_STR= -U crm -h sdc-gp1-dev1 -d wmgpdev but it throws the below error -bash: export: `-U': not a valid identifier -bash: export: `-h': not a valid identifier -bash: export: `sdc-gp1-dev1': not a valid identifier -bash: export:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: burton
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

add path variable permanently

Hi, I have added the path variable as below export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: burton
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add directory to a global PATH

Guys, I did a search on this but couldn't find any thing. I need to add /home/scadm/scripts to the PATH. If I do the below it works for the session I'm in. If I close it and reopen it doesnt work. PATH=$PATH\:/home/scadm/scripts ; export PATH I also want this path added to all the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltonrods
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to add path to root user

I am trying to add path for root. In /etc directory there is no .bash_profile file it has only profile file can any one say how to add path for root user ? is it possible to add path in profile file for root user. (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: elango963
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't add directory to path correctly

Hello everyone I am a newcomer to UNIX and I have hit a snag in something that would probably take experienced people about 30 seconds. Long story short I am trying to add a directory to my PATH and it is getting added but not working. I mean, the object of adding it to the path is so I can access... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tastybrownies
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to add to the search path - bin?

Hi, Now I have: /Users/okn/bin for my private shell scripts. How do I add /Users/okn/bin to my PATH? The PATH is right now: /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin The .bash_profile doesn't state anything about a PATH (yet). I read about this: PATH=/bin:$PATH
 export PATH or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OmarKN
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Add directory to path permanently

I ssh in and am trying to add a directory permanently to $PATH in centos 7 and having issues. My current $PATH is echo $PATH /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin but when I do a sudo nano ~/.bashrc # .bashrc # User specific aliases and functions alias... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies
BUNDLE-PACKAGE(1)														 BUNDLE-PACKAGE(1)

NAME
bundle-package - Package your needed .gem files into your application SYNOPSIS
bundle package DESCRIPTION
Copy all of the .gem files needed to run the application into the vendor/cache directory. In the future, when running bundle install(1) bundle-install.1.html, use the gems in the cache in preference to the ones on rubygems.org. GIT AND PATH GEMS
Since Bundler 1.2, the bundle package command can also package :git and :path dependencies besides .gem files. This needs to be explicitly enabled via the --all option. Once used, the --all option will be remembered. REMOTE FETCHING
By default, if you simply run bundle install(1) bundle-install.1.html after running bundle package(1) bundle-package.1.html, bundler will still connect to rubygems.org to check whether a platform-specific gem exists for any of the gems in vendor/cache. For instance, consider this Gemfile(5): source "https://rubygems.org" gem "nokogiri" If you run bundle package under C Ruby, bundler will retrieve the version of nokogiri for the "ruby" platform. If you deploy to JRuby and run bundle install, bundler is forced to check to see whether a "java" platformed nokogiri exists. Even though the nokogiri gem for the Ruby platform is technically acceptable on JRuby, it actually has a C extension that does not run on JRuby. As a result, bundler will, by default, still connect to rubygems.org to check whether it has a version of one of your gems more spe- cific to your platform. This problem is also not just limited to the "java" platform. A similar (common) problem can happen when developing on Windows and deploy- ing to Linux, or even when developing on OSX and deploying to Linux. If you know for sure that the gems packaged in vendor/cache are appropriate for the platform you are on, you can run bundle install --local to skip checking for more appropriate gems, and just use the ones in vendor/cache. One way to be sure that you have the right platformed versions of all your gems is to run bundle package on an identical machine and check in the gems. For instance, you can run bundle package on an identical staging box during your staging process, and check in the ven- dor/cache before deploying to production. March 2013 BUNDLE-PACKAGE(1)